Everquest Mangler Server - DOING IT ALL AGAIN, AGAIN!

Needless

Toe Sucker
Only people i've seen intentionally train or be racist were some born of war monks, the rest have been fine i think? i dont see them very often though

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I can’t remember - can level 28 enchanter manage in a LGuk bedroom group?

Meech

Molten Core Raider
Yes. You could probably try to sneak into an ass / sup group and carry up to 35-36 quick.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
It's like any guild, perhaps, where some people are just assholes to anyone not in their guild. We have people like that and I'm not a big proponent of "fuck everyone but us", but that's the way it goes sometimes. Glad our members still leveling are decent folks. The thing about BoWar is a lot of the issues have been with actual offficers. Several of them attempting to train, trying to take camps, trying to claim camps they're not at, and the weird part is they don't give off the Elitist vibe. They give off the clueless vibe. They're either master level trolls or just completely stupid.

For instance: we were in a single pick of Live side king two or three days ago. Pulling from the safe hall area, clearing everything as we were lvl 45+ so we were just trying to get any exp that was OOT goblins (the hole wasn't open at this point). We're keeping literally everything dead with downtime. Our puller says "uh, there's people here now, move up." So we show up to kings room and Cathbad and Snodvik are there. He first accuses us of SEQ because our puller literally walked up to them (lol) and said he's reported. THEN he claims we weren't there so we weren't camping the spawn (even though every mob is dead and while this is happening there's like 15 minutes left on repop for King room). He ALSO says that we're pick hopping (literally 2.5 hours in the same pick only hopped at the beginning to find an open camp) and that's AGAINST THE RULES (???). We explain that everything is dead because we're pulling it and we've been here. He doesn't believe us. He says we're pick hopping. I tell him that not only is that incorrect TWO OF US IN OUR GROUP HAVE BEEN STREAMING THE WHOLE TIME IF HE WANTS TO CHECK. Then his lil buddy Snodvik goes "Oh cool story. Twitch streamer. So cool. Douche." a billion times. He kept saying "are you done yet" after any sentence. Cathbad then says "WELL I NEVER AUTHORIZED YOU TO BROADCAST MY PERSONAL SELF ON STREAM AND THAT'S A VIOLATION I AM GOING TO REPORT YOU". I'm HOPING that was a weak troll attempt. Hoping. So then these two dicksticks decide to try and KS any rares that pop. They're currently a druid and SK, both not 50. So good fucking luck. First rares spawn, they go all out, fail. We say thanks for the help. They say "Yes, thanks for the help." What? I don't know if they're euro or 12 or 67 years old or what is going on. So then they pull in some enchanter and fight us for 2 more full King spawns. They never win. Not one mob. Major waste of time on their part. Meanwhile we've still been pulling everything to us and this isn't even a dent in our efficiency. So then I /guildstatus Cathbad and he's a SENIOR OFFICER. I just laugh. At one point he says, "You know we told your officers and guild leader (lul we don't have one) that we wouldn't help with your joint dragon raid. Good luck without us." (Of course that night we joint raid with M&M and kill the dragons. We had 70+ and M&M had 30ish. BoWar? They're fucking nowhere.) So I tell him, "Sir, I know you're an officer and you're speaking to a M E S S officer. I know you guys didn't want to help us because you wanted as much loot as you could get. And we'll do it without your help and open The Hole and the Planes for this server and your own guild. You're welcome." This is true, they wanted to literally random everyone for every item or some stupid shit rather than the biggest force gets first pick, then the next two highest rolls get to pick items, which is what we did. M&M got a CoF and we got a CoF. It worked out.

So we raid that night, kill dragons, open hole/planes. Guess who is the first group in OW hate? It's Born of War. What are they doing? They have 1-2 box groups farming and SELLING ARMOR DROPS. That's right. They're not gearing their players they're selling it. It's entirely possible they didn't have any 46+'s eligible for gear, but I'm pretty sure they did. They've been up there since basically farming Hate and selling loot rights. We've also gotten several tells from people in their guild looking to join us (unfortunately we're beyond full atm plz halp other guilds) because they "aren't raiding for 2 weeks".

This was my first hand experience. Several other guild groups have had run ins when them attempting to steal camps or training or claiming camps they're not even at. One of my friends from leveling join M&M and he went up to OW hate. First thing that happened? BoWar monk trained them at zone in. The only reason they probably didn't do it to us when we did OW hate is because we brought 60 fucking people.

Look if they're good to you and there's good people, that's cool. But when their officers are as retarded and rotten as some of these people, it's going to hurt your guild. The problem is besides M&M I literally don't know of any other decent guilds right now to join and we're full. So if it works for you, it works for you. But you guys are definitely going to hit a lot of problems if that's your leadership.

Thanks for sharing that with me Xevy. Gives me something to think about. It's been fun for me so far, but my experience is limited to hanging out in Discord and grouping with a relatively small number of people. We started some "unofficial non-DKP raids" over the weekend, so I'll get more experience with more people soon.

I tend to play these games with blinders on and just focus on whatever I'm supposed to be doing at the moment (level to 50, camp some gear, do my job in the raid) as a result I don't see a lot of the drama in guild chat, general chat, or the forums. I didn't raid much back in the day because I didn't have time (work, school, and young children all at the same time). Now I just want to see some of the content that I missed. I'm really a casual scrub, but I can follow directions and put in a bunch of hours now, so I figured I'd find a guild that wouldn't mind the fact that I don't know all the ins and out of EQ raids, zones, and camps.

I can tell you this though, I know some people in the guild who care a lot about getting a bad reputation, accused of being trainers and/or stealing camps. I know some others who don't seem to be so concerned. I assume it's like this in any guild.

BTW I remember that night that you guys killed the dragons and we had a couple of groups in Hate. I know there were calls in guild chat to come up and loot drops, though I don't know if they called everything or not. I do know there were items that were going to rot though because nobody was going to go up and loot them for one reason or another. I'll watch how things develop over the next few weeks. Hopefully these issues sort themselves out as bad apples leave the server and/or the guild.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
The most intentional training i've experienced so far has been Born of War for me as well.

SK pulled about 8 mobs on us in Upper Guk because we were fighting "in a bad spot, not an actual camp". Wtf does that mean. We were literally fighting through the dungeon trying to find a good spot and he trains us for no reason.

Absolute dick.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks thought so - at 18 I joined a group a few levels higher in MR in Unrest and they ended up moving to FP, sucks being unable to mez anything and having to find a charm pet than can actually hit mobs that are all red.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shinra sent me a screenshot of someone in general saying not to group with you or your associates, I see youre already out there doin gods work

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Looks like I have a second computer hanging around in the closet I can use (of course I just threw out the old trackball I used to use for this thing, bleh). Fuck it, I might as well try 2 boxing. Any suggestions for what would be a good mix with my druid?

Needless

Toe Sucker
Whats up with hero bracers being so expensive? did they murder the spawn rate of the hero or something?

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like I have a second computer hanging around in the closet I can use (of course I just threw out the old trackball I used to use for this thing, bleh). Fuck it, I might as well try 2 boxing. Any suggestions for what would be a good mix with my druid?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider

Koush! Long time no see, if you want a duo partner i'll gladly make an alt and level with you. Current Monk is named Cynnix. Add me.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I added you yesterday Cyni, i was mostly just farming a pair of impskin gloves though so i didnt do much lol
I'm going to start an alt tonight and try to get em to 30ish for a guise before the exp bonus is gone.

Debating what i want to make though, probably shaman or SK

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll probably make a Necro alt now that i'm 50 on my Monk. Hit me up though, much more fun with other people.

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
Guess I'll sperglord this weekend and make the Fuck You guild of Mangler.

Anyone wanna fuck shit up and dick down all the existing guilds?

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider

Mage or enc