Everquest Mangler Server - DOING IT ALL AGAIN, AGAIN!

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I finally broke down and started playing on this shit. 20 Enc named Rahnza w/ Clr box.

One thing I've noticed is that it seems like a lot of people have managed to get MQ2 working again on TLPs. It was kind of nice to be mostly free of that on Agnarr.

I haven't seen this at all.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think all the MQ2 people, for the most part, are on Selos doing their shenanigans. There are a TON of multi boxers, but they're all just classic one PC 4 laptops with all mage or wizard comps. I did see one guy that had 6 characters all of different classes. I respect it for being unique, but he's still a 6 boxer.

The difference between MQ2 and just good boxers is /stick and /autofollow. If you see people lagging 20 feet behind all bunched up it's just a boxer. If they're all 2-3 feet behind the main character they're using MQ2.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'm boxing six classes! Five spell casters at that. Buying spells is a bitch but I've got level ones in most places to get stuff. Would be a real chore without parcels.

I'm kind of terrible at it but it's super fun to go into an instance like velks or Karnors Castle and actually clear most of the dungeon. A true dungeon crawl instead of a camp. The exp for the ones I've been in are as good as the real thing, even though it was supposedly nerfed.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hit 50 today. Last officer in the guild to do it. I'm the worst.

Also, I'm the worst:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Any batphone esque guilds on this server, or good euro timezone raiding guilds?

No

and no.

There's two guilds that can raid, M E S S and Melee and Magic. We're both PST/EST time zone raids I believe. M&M is box-friendly, M E S S is not recruiting. Other guilds I know of are Born of War who are complete fucking idiots and PALS who are a bit behind or so I've heard.

Really hoping the Selos crash brings a lot of people over to hopefully form some new guilds.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
No

and no.

There's two guilds that can raid, M E S S and Melee and Magic. We're both PST/EST time zone raids I believe. M&M is box-friendly, M E S S is not recruiting. Other guilds I know of are Born of War who are complete fucking idiots and PALS who are a bit behind or so I've heard.

Really hoping the Selos crash brings a lot of people over to hopefully form some new guilds.
Ya i just rerolled from selos so was scouting out the landscape

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'll need to join a guild soon, hit 47 today

anyone happen to know any high researchers? i need my 47 fire pet lol

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider
"Europa Mangler" seems the current best choice for euros wanting to raid.

Ya, I'm in Knightmare, but purely because it's casual and starts raiding late enough I have time to get home from work. Europa are solid guys, had some good groups with them, but FYI they aren't 'hardcore' raiding till Velious.

Been a good experience on the server in general so far. Pretty decent people, a few too may krono bot farmers taking over the good spots like seafuries etc., but close to bis pre-planes gear already, without super pushing it, which is nice.

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think all the MQ2 people, for the most part, are on Selos doing their shenanigans.
I didn't even know about the Selo drama when I made that post. Obviously something has changed though - I never personally saw any MQ2 stuff on Agnarr and I played there from release to PoTime. I know there were some isolated incidents ie. the guys warping on top of bags in Swamp of No Hope.

Apparently the MQ2 guys specifically prevented the program from operating on TLP servers, and it was very noticeable. But I guess it's been making a comeback.

Anyways, level 30 Enchanter & Cleric LFG.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Rolled a wood elf druid late last night, figured I'd just fiddle around for a bit before bed. Ended up staying up until 5am trying to get mats to make a full set of patchwork leather and made it to a whopping level 5. Never played anything other than Iksar, so I dunno where the fuck to level in GFay. Been fun so far just exploring a new (for me, anyway) place, though. Character is Ryoushii, feel free to say hi. Hopefully I can be a friendly neighborhood port bitch in the future.

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
No

and no.

What problems have you had with Born of War? Just curious, I joined the guild and it's been fine for me so far, though I'm pretty far from an expert when it comes to raiding in EQ. Admittedly, most of my groupage has been with PUGS so far, but I've worked in some guild members here and there. I was just looking for a casual group of older folks to group and raid with and so far they've provided that. I'm not expecting any server firsts or anything.

*edit* by the way, I had the opportunity to group with several folks from both M E S S and M&M while leveling up (hit 50 yesterday) and found them to be great people to play with as well. Overall I've been very pleased with the Mangler community so far.

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
Can you still play EQ on a mac using Wine or whatever?
I want to make an alt on my 2nd account but i'd only have my macbook pro to use and i kinda wanna keep my mage oog to DS and shit

Xevy

Log Wizard
What problems have you had with Born of War? Just curious, I joined the guild and it's been fine for me so far, though I'm pretty far from an expert when it comes to raiding in EQ. Admittedly, most of my groupage has been with PUGS so far, but I've worked in some guild members here and there. I was just looking for a casual group of older folks to group and raid with and so far they've provided that. I'm not expecting any server firsts or anything.

*edit* by the way, I had the opportunity to group with several folks from both M E S S and M&M while leveling up (hit 50 yesterday) and found them to be great people to play with as well. Overall I've been very pleased with the Mangler community so far.

It's like any guild, perhaps, where some people are just assholes to anyone not in their guild. We have people like that and I'm not a big proponent of "fuck everyone but us", but that's the way it goes sometimes. Glad our members still leveling are decent folks. The thing about BoWar is a lot of the issues have been with actual offficers. Several of them attempting to train, trying to take camps, trying to claim camps they're not at, and the weird part is they don't give off the Elitist vibe. They give off the clueless vibe. They're either master level trolls or just completely stupid.

For instance: we were in a single pick of Live side king two or three days ago. Pulling from the safe hall area, clearing everything as we were lvl 45+ so we were just trying to get any exp that was OOT goblins (the hole wasn't open at this point). We're keeping literally everything dead with downtime. Our puller says "uh, there's people here now, move up." So we show up to kings room and Cathbad and Snodvik are there. He first accuses us of SEQ because our puller literally walked up to them (lol) and said he's reported. THEN he claims we weren't there so we weren't camping the spawn (even though every mob is dead and while this is happening there's like 15 minutes left on repop for King room). He ALSO says that we're pick hopping (literally 2.5 hours in the same pick only hopped at the beginning to find an open camp) and that's AGAINST THE RULES (???). We explain that everything is dead because we're pulling it and we've been here. He doesn't believe us. He says we're pick hopping. I tell him that not only is that incorrect TWO OF US IN OUR GROUP HAVE BEEN STREAMING THE WHOLE TIME IF HE WANTS TO CHECK. Then his lil buddy Snodvik goes "Oh cool story. Twitch streamer. So cool. Douche." a billion times. He kept saying "are you done yet" after any sentence. Cathbad then says "WELL I NEVER AUTHORIZED YOU TO BROADCAST MY PERSONAL SELF ON STREAM AND THAT'S A VIOLATION I AM GOING TO REPORT YOU". I'm HOPING that was a weak troll attempt. Hoping. So then these two dicksticks decide to try and KS any rares that pop. They're currently a druid and SK, both not 50. So good fucking luck. First rares spawn, they go all out, fail. We say thanks for the help. They say "Yes, thanks for the help." What? I don't know if they're euro or 12 or 67 years old or what is going on. So then they pull in some enchanter and fight us for 2 more full King spawns. They never win. Not one mob. Major waste of time on their part. Meanwhile we've still been pulling everything to us and this isn't even a dent in our efficiency. So then I /guildstatus Cathbad and he's a SENIOR OFFICER. I just laugh. At one point he says, "You know we told your officers and guild leader (lul we don't have one) that we wouldn't help with your joint dragon raid. Good luck without us." (Of course that night we joint raid with M&M and kill the dragons. We had 70+ and M&M had 30ish. BoWar? They're fucking nowhere.) So I tell him, "Sir, I know you're an officer and you're speaking to a M E S S officer. I know you guys didn't want to help us because you wanted as much loot as you could get. And we'll do it without your help and open The Hole and the Planes for this server and your own guild. You're welcome." This is true, they wanted to literally random everyone for every item or some stupid shit rather than the biggest force gets first pick, then the next two highest rolls get to pick items, which is what we did. M&M got a CoF and we got a CoF. It worked out.

So we raid that night, kill dragons, open hole/planes. Guess who is the first group in OW hate? It's Born of War. What are they doing? They have 1-2 box groups farming and SELLING ARMOR DROPS. That's right. They're not gearing their players they're selling it. It's entirely possible they didn't have any 46+'s eligible for gear, but I'm pretty sure they did. They've been up there since basically farming Hate and selling loot rights. We've also gotten several tells from people in their guild looking to join us (unfortunately we're beyond full atm plz halp other guilds) because they "aren't raiding for 2 weeks".

This was my first hand experience. Several other guild groups have had run ins when them attempting to steal camps or training or claiming camps they're not even at. One of my friends from leveling join M&M and he went up to OW hate. First thing that happened? BoWar monk trained them at zone in. The only reason they probably didn't do it to us when we did OW hate is because we brought 60 fucking people.

Look if they're good to you and there's good people, that's cool. But when their officers are as retarded and rotten as some of these people, it's going to hurt your guild. The problem is besides M&M I literally don't know of any other decent guilds right now to join and we're full. So if it works for you, it works for you. But you guys are definitely going to hit a lot of problems if that's your leadership.