Everquest Mangler Server - DOING IT ALL AGAIN, AGAIN!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xevy

Log Wizard
Emu's always seem like a good idea.

Until you remember who runs them and the power they wield.

I'd rather some money-grubbing Russian Oligarch's incompetent Dev Team be in control than some fucking 45 year old neckbeard who's finally got ultimate power over the recreational enjoyment of 500+ people all at once. No fucking thanks.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Emu's always seem like a good idea.

Until you remember who runs them and the power they wield.

I'd rather some money-grubbing Russian Oligarch's incompetent Dev Team be in control than some fucking 45 year old neckbeard who's finally got ultimate power over the recreational enjoyment of 500+ people all at once. No fucking thanks.

I'd rather put up with a 45 year old neckbeard who's got power over my enjoyment for free, rather than spend money directly on a video game company that has consistently fucked up every opportunity they had to make their game a commercial success by putting lazy 9-to-5'ers that are just there for a paycheck and literally do not care how they fuck you over as long as you're paying them. They are getting paid to fuck you in the ass.

You can keep pissing away money on dumb shit like the time-gated mobile-game-inspired Overseer system, or Krono, which is basically a legal option to RMT and flies in the face of everything specific individuals involved with that company has fought against over the years (IGE, Yantis, Mysupersales, Ourplat, Redguides, etc.), with the only reason them allowing it now is because they are the ones profiting instead of Steve Bannon or Jonathan Yantis.

I'd rather play on an emu at this point, even with dumb incidents like Amelinda and Derubael happening. At least they try and curb RMT to the point where they don't make more money than working at McDonalds at minimum wage even if they get away with it.

I won't stop you from playing these shithole TLPs, but I will absolutely judge you for it.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Not all emu boxes are created equally. 90% of the time you make a character on an emu server unless it's like P99 you should assume next year that server won't exist. A select few are really high quality and worth playing though imo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a benchmark for running EQ at max spec? I'm flirting with the idea of grabbing a laptop to play this and FFXI on but don't want to blow a load on a machine way too overpowered for a 21 year old game.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Is it a computer with 2+ cores made after 2006?

You're set. Just make sure to edit the .ini to have all cores recognize and you're good.

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Is there a benchmark for running EQ at max spec? I'm flirting with the idea of grabbing a laptop to play this and FFXI on but don't want to blow a load on a machine way too overpowered for a 21 year old game.
Not sure of a benchmark, but I know i was able to run it on a dell e6500 with onboard graphics fine.

On my desktop thats more highend, I run 6 accounts with max settings minus shadows in the background while playing dota 2 and have no issues.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist

In 2014 I ran 26 accounts simultaneously on a laptop. Did not have any issues.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd rather put up with a 45 year old neckbeard who's got power over my enjoyment for free, rather than spend money directly on a video game company that has consistently fucked up every opportunity they had to make their game a commercial success by putting lazy 9-to-5'ers that are just there for a paycheck and literally do not care how they fuck you over as long as you're paying them. They are getting paid to fuck you in the ass.

You can keep pissing away money on dumb shit like the time-gated mobile-game-inspired Overseer system, or Krono, which is basically a legal option to RMT and flies in the face of everything specific individuals involved with that company has fought against over the years (IGE, Yantis, Mysupersales, Ourplat, Redguides, etc.), with the only reason them allowing it now is because they are the ones profiting instead of Steve Bannon or Jonathan Yantis.

I'd rather play on an emu at this point, even with dumb incidents like Amelinda and Derubael happening. At least they try and curb RMT to the point where they don't make more money than working at McDonalds at minimum wage even if they get away with it.

I won't stop you from playing these shithole TLPs, but I will absolutely judge you for it.

Yeah I gotta agree Id much rather pay the meager amount of money EQ TLPS cost (although 99% of the time I was able to trade for krono) and not have to deal with the corrupt GMs on emus/p1999, greatly reduced droprates on anything thats good, bullshit fte rules etc. Time is more important than money and once you do eventually make it through the slog of leveling on some emus out there, like p1999, you then get to look forward to multi-day lines for camps, 3am poopsocks, and GMs removing you from camps and/or suspending you so their friends can step in.

TLPs you can actually play the game, get groups, get loot and its basically like the wild west in regards to FTE, the way EQ was meant to be. Not with some biased dictator deciding who gets to kill what like he is on the tribunal of the seventh hammer

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

krysanth

Golden Knight of the Realm

Interesting take. Everquest is what, 15 bucks a month? Hardly "fucking anyone over"

Thats fucking chump change, so the whole idea of paying doesn't bother me. I could care less about krono or RMT. I think its pretty lame, but whatever. I'm not buying that shit. That being said, the TLPs are always a good go, but the right EMU can be good too. I like both when I get the itch.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
As someone who was personally fucked over by Derubael on more than one occasion, and logged 3 full years on p99, yea fuck that server forever.

• 1Like

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
yea I'll take TLPs any day of the week. Most of my experience on emus was p99, and I was suspended twice dealing with the faggot GMs on that emu. Never been banned or suspended in any other game in my entire life.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
yea I'll take TLPs any day of the week. Most of my experience on emus was p99, and I was suspended twice dealing with the faggot GMs on that emu. Never been banned or suspended in any other game in my entire life.

That’s actually the best part of P99, if you /petition an issue a GM actually shows up and deals with it. After playing on TLPs for 10 years it was crazy to see people enforcing rules.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider

Yeah, Hobby did the same shit to me. When kunark first dropped on p1999 like 2 days in, a mage in IR was trying to afk hold Rotgus/locket camp during off hours like 5am. He eventually died and I took the camp over. Held the camp solo for like 4 hours. Eventually some IR people woke up and a bunch of them came to my camp to take it back. They petitioned and Hobby gave it back to them, ported me out of the zone. I posted /logs and vods that confirmed that it was my camp per their FTE/camp rules on their website and they banned my IP from the website and suspended my p1999 account. Never played there again

That’s actually the best part of P99, if you /petition an issue a GM actually shows up and deals with it. After playing on TLPs for 10 years it was crazy to see people enforcing rules.

Right, but 'dealing with it' involves the GM using their personal discretion on how to handle the situation. And there have been numerous people on this forum alone who have been slighted in various ways from being removed from a camp, zone, or even suspended or banned based on some of these biased decisions. I would much rather dps race someone or call in some friends to help me with a camp/someone trying to steal my camp, rather having to petition these GMs that play on emu who think theyre an omnipotent god and, at least in the past, have been proven to show bias towards their friends that play

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
There's pros and cons of emus vs TLP. It just depends on which particular flavor of shit lollipop you want.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I liked Selo a lot and had a lot of fun there but the amount of bullshit going on at launch up through the first week was not alright. I'd not seen so much flagrant warping, training and the like in forever. People looked to just have fully-functional MQ2 packages combined with a sea of throwaway accounts. It calmed down but there were some spots where open world anything felt like a waste of effort.

Sterling

El Presidente
Initial race on Selo was literally the best part of the entire server. Killing Aten when my mage was entirely equipped in summoned items and cloth items from steamfont was a good time.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Amtrak vs Faceless

Jesus Christ the Aspies came out for that royal rumble. ice T talking shit too.

😂