Everquest Memorabilia / Collectables / Figures / Artwork / Posters / Irontaail's Viper

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Thank you, I'm very happy to see some people are enjoying these.

I've made a few more, I decided to try a new approach to making these, making specific named characters by adding notable loot on them to make them more recognizable rather than just a random mob. A few inventions at times too to give it some flavor.

View attachment 440053

From left to right :

King Tranix (Nagafen's Lair) : King of the Fire Giants, gave him a more oriental look by adding the curled slippers and gave him an ornate polearm because I figured a Fine Steel Sword wouldn't look regal enough. As far as loot, he's got the Crown of King Tranix (made of mithril) and the Polished Mithril Torque. Mithril in EQ always looked iridescent blue on the artwork for the items, so I went with that rather than LOTR mithril colors.

Magus Rokyl (Nagafen's Lair) : advisor to King Tranix, he's no king so he doesn't get to wear shoes. He's carrying Rokyl's Channeling Crystal and wearing a Polished Mithril Mask.

Efreeti Lord Djarn (Nagafen's Lair) : He wears Djarn's Amethyst Ring and Golden Efreeti Boots (he normally has red curled slippers on his model but I wanted to include the boots).

Solusek Goblin King (Solusek's Eye) : He wears the Ring of Goblin Lords and Tattered Gnomish Cloak (I would have liked another color for the cloak or ring but both items are red in the item descriptions heh), and wields the Scepter of Flame. I added a crown to compensate for the dirty loincloth.

Kobold King (Nagafen's Lair) : He wears Runed Mithril Bracers and wields the Fleshripper.

I'll try to think of some more characters I'd like to see in figure form or that have notable loot that could look cool on a figure. Always happy to see suggestions or wishes too, if I can make something you'd like to see I will.
This is really great. Warlord Skarlon could have the Razing Sword of Skarlon and Mithril Vambs/Greaves.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
This is really great. Warlord Skarlon could have the Razing Sword of Skarlon and Mithril Vambs/Greaves.

Thank you!

Warlord Skarlon.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Here's some Steamfont Mountains stuff.

SteamfontMobs.jpg

Someone has to fill up that zoo right?

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
How about some AI art?

Praying in the temple at Felwithe:
00853-1130.png
00835-1112.png

Casting Temperance:
00832-1109.png

Do you dare approach Opal Darkbriar?
00837-1114.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Since the new expansion reveal is about Luclin, I figured I'd make a few Luclin mobs. Threw in a Luclinite orb on the Shissar as a reminder of the awful awful Vex Thal key quest.

LuclinMobs.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Honestly you're approaching the point where you need to do a kickstarter or find some way to sell these. It's making me want to run an EQ D&D campaign again.

I should receive my 3D printer tomorrow, so hopefully I'll figure out how to use it within the next few weeks and make some of those a reality with some paint.

Once I see how hard/easy it is to get them printed and painted to a satisfying degree, I'll think about what you said, but I have never attempted to sell any of my 100+ creations/customized figures of various lines so I feel like there's just no mercantile fiber in me.

I'll share the results here when I have some to show, we'll see if it ends up looking satisfying to fellow EQ nerds. In the mean time, it's just fun to pump out those digital figures and again I thank you for your encouraging words.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Yet some more Luclin stuff, trying to work on making small groups representing factions, with some variety in lore NPCs or poses for more generic characters.

The Coterie of the Eternal Night, a gathering of vampyrs led by Valdanov Zevfeer who prey on travelers in the Tenebrous Mountains. Different from the Norathian vampires, it is rumored they were once humans who ingested Akheva blood, granting them also the ability to become invisible like the ancient shadows of Luclin. The vampyrs of the Coterie of the Eternal Night have been trying to infiltrate the city of Katta Castellum, some say they've already succeeded.

From left to right : various vampyr rogues and assassins, and Valdanov Zevfeer, the alchemist turned vampyr lord.

Coterie.jpg

Katta Castellum, the last city of the Combine loyalists, perched atop the cliffs between the Tenebrous Mountains and the Twilight Sea. When the Combine Empire translocated to Luclin, Imperator Tsaph Katta was poisoned by then-General Seru, and the empire soon splintered into various factions divided between Shadow Haven, Sanctus Seru and Katta Castellum. With Tsaph kept in a permanent stasis since, the city is ruled by his daughter Lcea Katta, and the advisor archmage Nathyn Illuminious, who secretly keeps close ties with the Coterie of the Eternal Night. The inhabitants of Katta Castellum are ever prepared to face the threat of vampyr infiltrators.

From left to right : Nathyn Illuminious, Lcea Katta, Tsaph Katta, and a Katta Castellum Guardsman.

Katta Castellum.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
So, it's been a while. I've been tinkering with this new-fangled resin printer and it's been hell.. I only just figured today what I was doing wrong so I've not been able to print anything until now, hopefully from now on it'll work better. I used a holiday sale to buy a few of the 3D files from some of those figures I designed, and I was finally able to make one today.

It's really, REALLY tiny because I didn't want to waste too much resin in case it failed (again!), but that's the "normal" scale it would have been if I bought the model from the website, because it's a 3 inch scale figure but Guktans are quite short (human thumb for scale!) so that looks like... 3/4 of an inch? Maybe?

hbi1DBI.jpg

I'll try again very soon to print it way larger because 1) I think it'll look better and have more detail and 2) I'm too fucking old to paint something this small.

This was my very first attempt at painting a miniature figure, and I used very cheap paints with a brush because I don't know how to use and don't have an airbrush yet, so it shows a lot of brush strokes and doesn't look as good as it could, but I just wanted to give an update since some people wanted to see what some of this stuff could look like.

I'll make sure to post more pictures if I can print some larger stuff, I have 5 different models I downloaded so I'll be able to make a few cool things hopefully.

Little update : I printed it again quite a bit larger, but not too large since it's supposed to be a small character compared to larger races. I think the scale is pretty okay, he's a smidge under 2 inches tall. Still my terrible cheap paints and a potato phone for pictures, but it'll have to do for now. I cry when I think what some of the people on these forums could do to the model with their skill and paints but it'll slowly improve I guess.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Little update : I printed it again quite a bit larger, but not too large since it's supposed to be a small character compared to larger races. I think the scale is pretty okay, he's a smidge under 2 inches tall. Still my terrible cheap paints and a potato phone for pictures, but it'll have to do for now. I cry when I think what some of the people on these forums could do to the model with their skill and paints but it'll slowly improve I guess.

Also decided to go with a lighter skin tone, the midnight blue looked too dark and would be better for dark elves.

b9poU3D.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users