Everquest Mysteries

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
I don't know if this was an urban legend, but anyone remember a weapon that was purported to have an absurd damage rating and virtually zero delay but could only be used until you logged off? It might been been covered in flames as well.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I don't know if this was an urban legend, but anyone remember a weapon that was purported to have an absurd damage rating and virtually zero delay but could only be used until you logged off? It might been been covered in flames as well.
This existed as Daly claimed. The other was that there was some way to use Seru's sword which was usable by None/None if I remember correctly.

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider

Inte's Sword of Death iirc

Remember seeing that on Everlore, something like 175/15

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
this guy make's some really excellent videos. very high quality for something that has such a limited scope of appeal. hopefully he keeps it going.

Yeah, these are pretty rad. I always wondered what the BB chess board was about. Kind of why I loved the world of EQ - there was so much stuff that the game didn't explicitly explain that it always kept me curious. Of course, a lot of it could be random bullshit thrown together, but I always wondered at the "who and why" of certain places. Like, who put the firepots in TD? Or who was Dagnor?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Yeah, these are pretty rad. I always wondered what the BB chess board was about. Kind of why I loved the world of EQ - there was so much stuff that the game didn't explicitly explain that it always kept me curious. Of course, a lot of it could be random bullshit thrown together, but I always wondered at the "who and why" of certain places. Like, who put the firepots in TD? Or who was Dagnor?
it would have been really cool to be around in the early days of EQ before everything had been solved. like, who the fuck figured some of these quests out? it's crazy to me, especially considering that at the time they were all solved NPCs would eat whatever items you give them and give nothing back if it wasn't the right combination.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
it would have been really cool to be around in the early days of EQ before everything had been solved. like, who the fuck figured some of these quests out? it's crazy to me, especially considering that at the time they were all solved NPCs would eat whatever items you give them and give nothing back if it wasn't the right combination.

Yeah, I didn't start until just before Kunark and without Everlore or Allakhazam, it would have been hopeless. I guess the closest I remember from everyone being out of the loop was when the Epics were introduced and all the class-specific boards were trying like crazy to get those figured out. Some of those random-ass quests were pretty long, like the Holy Partisan of the Underfoot, Burning Rapier, shit like that. So many of them were get a rare drop from a named in some far-off zone - who figured that shit out?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Soygen Soygen . The discussion about what the ghost wanted for the Monk Epic in Overthere was legendary. That was probably some of the most hilarious and rage inducing shit I have ever read online. Monkly Business man.

What the fuck does this guy want? Does he want me to sing him a song? Join him for a midnight piss up? I still have NO idea how someone figured out that it wanted the ROTWF and that book from Trakanon's Teeth. Even that forum speculated that some guy just picked up his balls and handed it to the ghost randomly.

Or in the early early days when Monks could fail on the tailoring combine for ROTLC. Monks had it rough early on. I knew two guys who had that happen so I maxed tailoring before I even attempted it.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Soygen Soygen . The discussion about what the ghost for the Monk Epic in Overthere was legendary. That was probably some of the most hilarious and rage inducing shit I have ever read online. Monkly Business man.

What the fuck does this guy want? Does he want me to sing him a song? Join him for a midnight piss up? I still have NO idea how someone figured out that it wanted the ROTWF and that book from Trakanon's Teeth. Even that forum speculated that some guy just picked up his balls and handed it to the ghost randomly.

Or in the early early days when Monks could fail on the tailoring combine for ROTLC. Monks had it rough early on. I knew two guys who had that happen so I maxed tailoring before I even attempted it.
Yeah, the serverwide Epic discussions/discoveries really were awesome. So many people failed ROTLC or screwed up the pipe turn-ins. I got my Raster piece on a drug-fueled 40 hour camp.

Barraind

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, the serverwide Epic discussions/discoveries really were awesome.

I remember serverwide.bic for Breakdown In Communications aug. There was a lot of "???" surrounding many of those steps, then the last bits were drops off final zone bosses and the magic was a little lost.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I remember serverwide.bic for Breakdown In Communications aug. There was a lot of "???" surrounding many of those steps, then the last bits were drops off final zone bosses and the magic was a little lost.

The monk one will always hold a special place in my heart because the ghost said something along the lines of, "show me your mastery" and that was it. It only responded to hails from monks so that was the key clue. The rest.... wild speculation.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Soygen Soygen . The discussion about what the ghost wanted for the Monk Epic in Overthere was legendary. That was probably some of the most hilarious and rage inducing shit I have ever read online. Monkly Business man.

being a monk was rough. i couldnt carry much, always dirt poor, lived and died by mend and FD