Everquest Mysteries

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
So what was Flight?

Flying. Like levitation but controllable.

I never saw it nor do I know if it was ever implemented at any point but that's what the druid I ran into was telling me. It makes sense that they would have plans for it, but it also makes more sense that they would have to cut it.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They could have implemented a Spirit of the Cheetah type of flight spell. Fast moving, can ascend into the air, but only lasts 10 seconds and dispels you of any levitation effects when it expires. A somewhat controllable G-Flux. Could have been fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Barraind

Trakanon Raider
I was the one who pulled the entire line in a single place, then Allakhazam asked if they could use it (/pointed to "public domain" mention; we didn't had CC licensing)

Original is still at Gates of Discord : Breakdown in Communications (moved there from original frmug.org one which is no longer referenced on Google)

Wow. I dont remember the first few steps being anywhere near that involved. I do remember my unrelenting hatred for pookas after Tipt though.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
especially back when you could climb on top of objects and mobs would be unable to path to you.
My first GM warning was in high hold keep grinding the low 20s on the guards in front of the keep. If you ran up to the second story and jumped off the window balcony you could stand on a ledge and free cast. They couldn't path to you so they would just stand there and look at you as you nuke them to death. I was a mage and bolt spells would often double proc when there was an elevation difference between you and your target. It was glorious.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
My first GM warning was in high hold keep grinding the low 20s on the guards in front of the keep. If you ran up to the second story and jumped off the window balcony you could stand on a ledge and free cast. They couldn't path to you so they would just stand there and look at you as you nuke them to death. I was a mage and bolt spells would often double proc when there was an elevation difference between you and your target. It was glorious.
that whole area was a clusterfuck of pathing errors. you could go there right now and walk by the mobs(?) near the EK exit and if you were close to their level your aggro would send an entire train up your ass. in HHK there are or were a whole host of "safe spots" people were leveling off of for years and years. not gonna say where because i'm not a narc

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
There was a spot like that in Felwithe. If you went into the castle where the cleric/paladin guild was you could get to an open bridge near the water. From there you could jump to the cliff above the water, run around the water at the top edge of the zone, and end up on top of the bank. From there you could get on top of just about any building and nuke guards. Did that with my mage a few times before some going threatened to report me.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One of the best spots I found was Castle Mistmoore. To the left of the bridge into the castle there were rock you could get up on after using the trees to gain elevation. Once up on the rocks, running across to the castle rooftop was simple enough. From there you could could up on the pillars above the fountain and the Cloaked Dhampyre. Hooded Black Cloaks had a lot of value in the early days. The only treacherous thing about it was that the mobs around the found were casters, so they could nuke you down and then you also had to leave your safe spot to come down to the ground to loot bodies. To get back up, you had to run through the house back outside to the bridge and there would sometimes be mobs in the house that would see invis.

You could also do the Shaman Epic fight from up on the roof. You could kill that dog and get the pelt for insta-click SoW boots without him ever being about to hit you.

latest?cb=20110908013322.jpg

latest?cb=20120914164550.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I love that dudes videos so much, it makes me want to play so bad. I mean, I'm not going to, but it has that power over me at least. 10/10

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Flying. Like levitation but controllable.

I never saw it nor do I know if it was ever implemented at any point but that's what the druid I ran into was telling me. It makes sense that they would have plans for it, but it also makes more sense that they would have to cut it.

Probably similar to the GM fly command. We were able to use it and while running, I think we just looked up/down and our character would use the z axis. I don't think there was any levitation bobbing though. It's been awhile so my info might be foggy.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Probably similar to the GM fly command. We were able to use it and while running, I think we just looked up/down and our character would use the z axis. I don't think there was any levitation bobbing though. It's been awhile so my info might be foggy.

That's the GM fly command. You can enable it as a type of 'flymode' state in EQEmu.
0 = no lev, 1 = flying 2 = levitate bob

Also, the newer clients have even more movement state stuff in them. Demonstar55 of EQEmu may know more about that.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not really "Mystery", but felt this was probably more of a relevant thread considering the discourse here when compared to some of the other EQ threads.

Many of you may know the full history, but the first part filled in some gaps I didn't know about regarding Sony, Verant, 989, etc.. Enjoy...or not hehe

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty funny, he uses a picture of Ponytail as one of the original EQ creators. Oops...

I think Elidroth is more quoted than Abraham Lincoln at this point.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Pretty funny, he uses a picture of Ponytail as one of the original EQ creators. Oops...

I think Elidroth is more quoted than Abraham Lincoln at this point.
Better for Ponytail to remain silent and be thought a huckster than for him to speak and remove all doubt.

-Elidroth

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Have you guys seen these? There are tons of them for each installment of the EQ franchise. I thought this one was funny but they're all pretty funny.

Check them out..lol

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users