Everquest Mysteries

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ah, reminds me of good times. During the world-first kill of Fennin Ro back in Township Rebellion, all of the clerics agreed to fuck off on the CH rotation at 1% and start collectively nuking. One of us by the name of Selestri ended up getting the killing blow.
same thing here for some mobs back in the day. our very first Aten Ha Ra kill took 90 fucking minutes. at no point did we wipe or start to lose, we only had a low number of melee and nukers online and it took a long, long, long, goddamned long time to kill that bitch. the whole guildchat was people cracking jokes about how pathetic we were at this fight. finally the clerics and healers, myself very much included started bombing that motherfucker . i chain cast my shaman nuke bracer. i sent doggie, all my dots, epic, anything i could. then she died a bit more faster. then aftwer she died, the l00t celebration began and what do ya know, people started logging in again for raids. it was a miracle! PoP was the same old routine.Fennin we actually had a lot log on for. that zone is very straight forward and simple. you can run from the zone with invis and lev all the way up to Fennin's hidey hole. Xegony, though? nails on a chalkboard. Coirnav, ugh i didnt even want to log on for that shit. Earth B? where'd the guild go?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't even play EQ, but I enjoy all these videos
you should check out his other videos. he has pretty high production value on some of them.
this one is just him messing around in Highkeep, not one of the high production videos, but i spent so much damned time in that zone on my way to 50 it brought back a lot of memories. there used to be a "safe spot" in that gobbo basement, if you got a bad pull you could train that spot, which was the first landing on the steps, the gobbos would just instantly forget you and run back home. was pretty neat til it got nerfed. still it was a frigging easy zone, you could bind and bank there, always a group and the exp was highest in the game. while everyone was in guk fighting over named mobs i was playing it easy. that sort of bit me in the ass later on when i started messing in guk and i had no fucking idea how to get around. when Kunark came out i swore i wouldnt let that happen again. i made sure i hit Old Seb all the time. had some terrible close moments early on when it was just the high end guilds there and nobody else had the balls to tame that zone becase the keys werent soulbound yet. it paid off for me because i got to know all those guys and when my old guild fell apart i had the top 3 guilds trying to recruit me, my boy Sudo Sudo ended up being one of my sponsors to the guild i did pick.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rime

<Donor>
I spent a long time solo'ing Nobles in Highkeep. Not-terrible money and relatively easy while waiting for a group spot in an actual dungeon somewhere.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Couldn't you hot key spells in EQ? Why is that guy mouse clicking everything...

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Couldn't you hot key spells in EQ? Why is that guy mouse clicking everything...

Because EQ plays at such a slow tactical rate, you can.

Unlike the trash that came out later where you just played piano across your keyboard non stop.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Because EQ plays at such a slow tactical rate, you can.

Unlike the trash that came out later where you just played piano across your keyboard non stop.
i only ever used multiple hotkeys during groups and raids, i know bards who wrecked their hands for this game. dude is just farting around showing noob stuff for the TLP servers and its the old zones so it has a nostalgia factor. do you guys wanna see more of his videos or should i stop linking them?

-edit
That made no sense. I use hotkeys all the time. But very early on I didn't even know about them. Social hotkeys I only used for groups and raids.

Last edited:

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i just saw that one, was exceptional. i need to do that quest. i already killed qwinn for his lost circle robe. those pipes seem easy to my 82 monk

His description for the Chardok pipe is incorrect for Live. You just camp the bridge. Iksar Betrayer is a static spawn beside one of the pillars.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
His description for the Chardok pipe is incorrect for Live. You just camp the bridge. He is a static spawn beside one of the pillars.
i got the pawbuster pipe after a few hours, but im having a shitty time finding the right bridge in chardok. the maps online dont seem very helpful.
55f4e4583e8222cf6b0b3a79abf27e24.jpg

i'm using this one and there are several bridges with several ancient guardian/golems.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Theres just 3 bridges. One comes from the upper area, one goes to the Koru camp and one goes towards the GY area. Pipe mobs spawns just next to the bridge leading towards the GY area.

Bridge camp has 4 mobs. 2 mobs by the bridge leading towards the Koru camp(light blue dots on your zoomed in map), Bridgekeeper or ph, and the pipe dude or PH(big red dot). Hes much more common than the KC one

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Theres just 3 bridges. One comes from the upper area, one goes to the Koru camp and one goes towards the GY area. Pipe mobs spawns just next to the bridge leading towards the GY area.

Bridge camp has 4 mobs. 2 mobs by the bridge leading towards the Koru camp(light blue dots on your zoomed in map), Bridgekeeper or ph, and the pipe dude or PH(big red dot). Hes much more common than the KC one
i think the part thats screwing me up in the first right turn. i cant tell if thats a path or the drop down below the bridge. so i keep going and looking for the captain room killing everything along the way. earlier today i ended up by the royal palace and figured, ahh shit this cant be it.. i just ran out and decided to try later.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That bridge that took you to royal palace is it.

You want the east end of the bridge.

The 'a Dizok Dragoon' at 3:26 is the PH.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

ok i found the bridge keeper guy. killed him and everything in the Captain room. do i just kill the bridge keeper spawns?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That bridge that took you to royal palace is it.

You want the east end of the bridge.

The 'a Dizok Dragoon' at 3:26 is the PH.

thanks man, Betrayer just popped in that exact spot!. got robe and the two pipes and now just need to figure this handin out. iksar monk here too.

yay, now i guess i do the monk epic next.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users