Everquest Mysteries

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

rad

Lord of Guk
i hated Kedge Keep, i dreaded every time i had to go there.

In vein of the Great Astral, I named my mage pet Undertow on Agnarr. Pretty funny watching anyone with audio triggers freak out on me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
i hated Kedge Keep, i dreaded every time i had to go there.

The environmentalist of it use to make it more of a challenging zone. You'd constantly sink in the water and the water gloom limited your vision. But in new ez mode EQ they got rid of both "tedious features". Now its just another generic zone so long as you keep water breath up.

The list of changes to EQ that slowly cut away the magic of the old game are legion.

• 1EyeRoll

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
In vein of the Great Astral, I named my mage pet Undertow on Agnarr. Pretty funny watching anyone with audio triggers freak out on me.

This dude probably does the out-loud narrative even when he's not recording =/

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The environmentalist of it use to make it more of a challenging zone. You'd constantly sink in the water and the water gloom limited your vision. But in new ez mode EQ they got rid of both "tedious features". Now its just another generic zone so long as you keep water breath up.

The list of changes to EQ that slowly cut away the magic of the old game are legion.
Yeah
Forgot about the sinking thing. To be fair. It didn't make the zone harder. Just more laborious. They could have kept the gloom though.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah
Forgot about the sinking thing. To be fair. It didn't make the zone harder. Just more laborious. They could have kept the gloom though.

It absolutely made the zone harder, mob hit you and you floated back instantly, interrupting whatever spell you had cooking. They got rid of that too

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
was messing around in EQ yesterday and asked in /general for links on some end game SHD 2 handers. this is what i got. holy shit.
on the left is what i'm using at lv 84 i bought in bazaar.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Cazel to docks.

Fucking Oasis. One of the first times I awoke of my own volition at some god forsaken hour early in the morning on a weekend (back in '99 - '00) was to solo fucking Caiman / Crocodiles as a cleric because no one was on and I was just becoming adjusted to the digital cocaine.

Also used first person as said cleric until mid-PoP, even then 3rd person was generally limited to group content because doing that while standing in a corner of PoTime while surrounded by 70 folks and epileptic AEs didn't serve much purpose. Oh, and exploiting the pathing of those fucking Ravens at the entrance to PoTorment, found a little nifty spot where they would stop and allow themselves to be nuked into oblivion. Made for awkward moments when other guilds would port in and see me there with a few running in place -- YOU SEE NOTHING.

Last edited:

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
That Undertow video brought back a memory that rustled my jimmies. It was the downfall of my EQ playing time. It was required for the mage epic and I remember camping that stupid thing with a friend and we were there for what I can only remember as hours. Since it was just two of us we pulled stuff into corners of the room below and kept it clear so we could fight it solo. Finally, Undertow spawns and gets pulled. It poofs on us while being pulled. I petitioned a GM and got an 'oh well, keep camping' type of response. I quit playing for a long time shortly after that.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That Undertow video brought back a memory that rustled my jimmies. It was the downfall of my EQ playing time. It was required for the mage epic and I remember camping that stupid thing with a friend and we were there for what I can only remember as hours. Since it was just two of us we pulled stuff into corners of the room below and kept it clear so we could fight it solo. Finally, Undertow spawns and gets pulled. It poofs on us while being pulled. I petitioned a GM and got an 'oh well, keep camping' type of response. I quit playing for a long time shortly after that.
what GM? some are complete fucking assholes while others are the best thing since sliced bread. on Emarr the absolute worst was Uini, the other end was Valtron, dude was awesome. he actually invited me to be in all the expansion betas before he went to EQ2, he sometimes would hang out with us (Magister) in IRC.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
I don't recall. It was on Fennin Ro. I was a low key, guild less, random at the time. After that response I pretty much logged off and went to bed. It was stupid o'clock and I was tired. Given that I was mostly a solo player, it was odd that the easiest epic quest piece I got was the piece from Plane of Sky 7th isle. I got invited by a friend to join a raid in progress, who were on the 7th. I got there and after a few pulls, got my item, and the raid broke up.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't even play EQ, but I enjoy all these videos
I came back for a bit. Last night my 84 sk got buttraped by the Fabled version of those faggot named birds in pofire. So did the mid 80s group I was in. My 35k hp didn't mean Jack shit when they're smacking me for double 5k hits. Luckily a lv 110 shaman came to help and I got the highest end crackbuffs. All my stats were completely jacked. Hp went up 20k. So with him healing too we clowned those birds and then they cleared the Fabled guys in the back castle. Our group leader said "let's take down that dragon.." I'm thinking to myself, they added a dragon? Then they started moving up the ramp to Fennin Ro's lair. I had to to explain to them who the fuck he was and that he isn't a fucking dragon. But the demon God of Fire.
7c7cc4be245f0fe7a6556bd41211c01d.jpg

Luckily, Fennin wasn't home. Sad fucking times.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I came back for a bit. Last night my 84 sk got buttraped by the Fabled version of those faggot named birds in pofire. So did the mid 80s group I was in. My 35k hp didn't mean Jack shit when they're smacking me for. Double 5k hits. Luckily a lv 110 shaman came to help and I got the highest end crackbuffs. All my stats were completely jacked. Hp went up 20k. So with him healing too we clowned those birds and then they cleared the Fabled guys in the back castle. One of them said "let's take down that dragon.." I'm thinking to myself, they added a dragon? Then they started moving up the ramp to Fennin Ro's lair. I had to to explain to them who the fuck he was and that he isn't a fucking dragon. But the demon God of fire. Luckily Fennin wasn't home. Sad fucking times.

Ah, reminds me of good times. During the world-first kill of Fennin Ro back in Township Rebellion, all of the clerics agreed to fuck off on the CH rotation at 1% and start collectively nuking. One of us by the name of Selestri ended up getting the killing blow.