Everquest Mysteries

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember a Hate clear with Duel of the Fates on repeat. Don't think anyone was impressed with this maniac dorf barrel-rolling around twatting everything in sight.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Music was a huge part of my leveling process in any mmo. When I hear Unplugged in New York from Nirvana, I can see myself in Ultima online. Blink 182's Enema of State ? I'm directly teleported in Oasis of Marr, killing crocs and fleeing from sand giants. Muse ? City of Mist. Pennywise's Land of free? is Karnor's Castle. During Luclin I bought a pinacle TV card that was in my TV, so it was Shakira, linkin Park, etc. except of course in the Grey.
System of a Down is clearly PoP.
When I hear some songs from Deftones, I can remember getting ganked in Blackrock Spire by rogues.
fucking nostalgia

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
1597156760927.png

• 1Galaxy Brain

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Was there any real point to dragon necropolis? I was in a shitty guild, we went there and explored, but I don't really remember doing anything useful there.
Zlandicar was easy and had good lot and a sleepers key piece. Queen bp was nice. Plus you had to go there to actually get the sleepers key from jaled dars shade.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have you guys listened to Shawn Lord's interview with Jenn Chan? I have a few thoughts.

She seems like a genuine and good person. She loves EQ, she is likely brilliant, and a very hard worker. Shawn handled the interview delicately, he screened a lot of stuff, but she did answer the questions honestly and was forthcoming on some issues that she probably would have liked to avoid.

I am fascinated by her personality and the position that she now holds as Studio Head. I don't get the "leader" vibe from her at all. If I had to venture a guess, it would be that the team has been so stripped down to its bare bones over the years that she was one of the last people standing where it was truly a situation of "if we lose Jenn, we have to shut down EQ." She was the last truly essential employee on the team, so they locked her up by giving her the studio.

That seems like a drastic move, but Daybreak hasn't shown that they want to do anything with EQ other than keep it on life-support anyways. So, they said "We don't need a franchise visionary or innovator, we just need to keep the lights on. Jenn is the one that can do that."

I hope that doesn't sound harsh. I think Jenn deserves all the positions and accolades that she has earned. And even if she has been put in place to simply keep EQ afloat, then she deserves appreciation and gratitude for it.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Mine is kurns tower leveling a newbie listening to black sails at sunset by afi. Yes I was a homo.

Ugh, ultra homo because that isn't even the album title. It's Black Sails IN THE Sunset, plebe. Also, Burials is their best album. Sing the Sorrow used to be my favorite album of theirs, but holy shit Burials is so fucking good. Highly underrated and nobody really knows about it because everyone stopped listening to AFI 15 years ago. Rewind is about the only song on that entire album that I find myself skipping over most of the time.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
The interview was quite enjoyable. For the most part people in chat were kind.

I kept trying to politely ask about truebox removal on Selo but they dodged all the questions about that server.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Was there any real point to dragon necropolis? I was in a shitty guild, we went there and explored, but I don't really remember doing anything useful there.

Willsapper was nice to have as a weapon with a slow proc. Spirit of Garzicor quest had a shitload to do in that zone as well. Actually a really fun/challenging zone if you were willing to give it a shot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Willsapper was nice to have as a weapon with a slow proc. Spirit of Garzicor quest had a shitload to do in that zone as well. Actually a really fun/challenging zone if you were willing to give it a shot.
Was fun to single group deep into the zone.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was fun to single group deep into the zone.

Something thats kind of lost on current MMO's. Was cool to have like one off nights where you and a group of friends would just go out to a random zone like that and explore it in a way. iirc, Dragon Necropolis, Sirens Grotto etc, were all neat enough to pass the time when a TOV dragon was near pop.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Something thats kind of lost on current MMO's. Was cool to have like one off nights where you and a group of friends would just go out to a random zone like that and explore it in a way. iirc, Dragon Necropolis, Sirens Grotto etc, were all neat enough to pass the time when a TOV dragon was near pop.

All I remember about sirens grotto was there was some hack where you faced a wall, sat, and camped and came back in on other side of zone

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Milrop

Trakanon Raider
After watching those EQ music videos - I have to ask, does anyone remember or have a copy of the Patty McPhatty Everquest rap? I believe it was posted on the original FoH circa 2002?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
All I remember about sirens grotto was there was some hack where you faced a wall, sat, and camped and came back in on other side of zone
No offense to you, and I know finding groups to do different stuff isn't always easy... but didn't you ever want to explore the game? Hah.

• 1Dislike

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I used it to avoid the waterfall you had to swim up or something like that which was a major pain in the ass. I went through it to fear kite shit with my ranger in the next zone whatever it was called. Full of dragons and ice, Klandicar maybe.

• 1Pathetic

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I listened to a shitload of Iron Maiden and (clean) Katatonia while playing EQ. I mean to this day if I hear Dream of Mirrors I immediately think of farming plane of hate for the scabbard part of the SK epic. Like I can see the pulls =|

Or working through TOV, and listening to Slayer's God Hates Us All while doing all the FD work to get rando trash mobs to the group.

We let a Jaelen's Katana rot because we had some strife, but L`Malla on Druzzil Ro was my jam. Greatest bunch of gaming folks ever. Vindication in WoW on Medivh was a very, very, very close second. A bunch of Seekers cast-offs who didn't want to do the Stormhammer bullshit, but probably the best people for being in a new game with. Big ups to Coq, Dale, and crew. Just wish Shik and co didn't think my account info was open season =p.

Jesus, the sheer amount of BRM runs to get people keyed for Onyxia. I think myself and like, whatever the MT of Ascent was (Sa.. something, also the guy competing with me for highest level smith on the Horde Side) probably had run that dungeon more than everyone else on the server combined, just between us. Not EQ related but EQ guild related!

Last edited: