Everquest Mysteries

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everquest ended for me exactly two hours into the first raid of Gates of Discord

• 3Worf
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
I consider everything SoD and beyond to be "Extended Universe" and pretty much disregard it as far as canon is concerned. Once time travel enters the mix (and it does in MULTIPLE xpacs) everything goes to complete shit. The time travel aspect of the end of Plane of Time makes sense since all it is is us going back slightly on the timeline, not establishing a NEW timeline or that we were there the entire time (see SoD and like CoTF)

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I consider everything SoD and beyond to be "Extended Universe" and pretty much disregard it as far as canon is concerned. Once time travel enters the mix (and it does in MULTIPLE xpacs) everything goes to complete shit. The time travel aspect of the end of Plane of Time makes sense since all it is is us going back slightly on the timeline, not establishing a NEW timeline or that we were there the entire time (see SoD and like CoTF)
Make more vids Bobby

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I got into Coldplay when Shadowbane came out. I was never into that type of music before or after, but I listened to it a TON while playing shadowbane.

So now whenever I hear it I immediately warp back to my half-giant berserker or whatever the hell I played.

berserker was a rune (like a Kit) you could add to your class. I bet you were a warrior and applied berserker for that sweet sweet rage abilty.

And yeah in era songs are huge for us in MMOs. hell, even games in general. I associate some very early 90s stuff with some C64 games

Octave

Trakanon Raider
Zelda a link to the past and Alanis for me. I got both for my birthday. Then later blink 182 and team fortress classic. Terrific taste ~

They were both my sisters' old tapes and I only had a few so I listened over and over. To this day they are one in the same.

Secret of mana and everquest have their own music that is nostalgic and good. Except the eq combat music - that was repetitive shit. But kelethin and tox forest music were 👌.

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Was the Mayong Mistmore, ring of scale, and bard guild reverse love triangle ever explained?

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
If there's one thing I'll give EQ credit for, it's that it had compelling lore. McQuaid just have struck just the right balance of Xanax and Adderall the day he cooked all of this shit up.

Wow. I did not know any of this lore, lol. I always assumed Veeshan was the first ...but, of course, who had created Veeshan? Great videos.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Was there ever a mystery on how the fast running boots dropped, and if killing anything actually made the giant or whatever spawn ?

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Prathun listed the conditions on the AC around ten years ago but I can't find a link to his post anymore as the old forums are kaput.

Aha! for what it's worth...

ENCOUNTER_DESCRIPTION SROHusamAncientNightfall
MONSTER_1_NAME a_desert_madman
MONSTER_1_NIGHT_NAME an_ancient_cyclops
MONSTER_1_PERCENT 10
MONSTER_2_NAME a_sand_giant
MONSTER_2_NIGHT_NAME a_mummy
MONSTER_2_PERCENT 20
MONSTER_3_NAME a_sand_giant
MONSTER_3_PERCENT 10
MONSTER_4_NAME a_dervish_cutthroat
MONSTER_4_PERCENT 30
MONSTER_5_NAME a_desert_madman
MONSTER_5_PERCENT 30

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Prathun listed the conditions on the AC around ten years ago but I can't find a link to his post anymore as the old forums are kaput.

Aha! for what it's worth...

ENCOUNTER_DESCRIPTION SROHusamAncientNightfall
MONSTER_1_NAME a_desert_madman
MONSTER_1_NIGHT_NAME an_ancient_cyclops
MONSTER_1_PERCENT 10
MONSTER_2_NAME a_sand_giant
MONSTER_2_NIGHT_NAME a_mummy
MONSTER_2_PERCENT 20
MONSTER_3_NAME a_sand_giant
MONSTER_3_PERCENT 10
MONSTER_4_NAME a_dervish_cutthroat
MONSTER_4_PERCENT 30
MONSTER_5_NAME a_desert_madman
MONSTER_5_PERCENT 30
The Oasis/South Ro Ancient Cyclops is a named that uses the EQ Day/Night cycle and here are the possible spawns:
  • a_desert_madman
  • an_ancient_cyclops
  • a_sand_giant
  • a_mummy
  • a_sand_giant
  • a_dervish_cutthroat
  • a_desert_madman
So, if you kill the placeholder and it re-spawns during the day:
  • 10% chance of a_desert_madman
  • 30% chance of a_sand_giant
  • 30% chance of a_dervish_cutthroat
  • 30% chance of a_desert_madman
If you kill the placeholder and it re-spawns during the night:
  • 10% chance of an_ancient_cyclops
  • 10% chance of a_sand_giant
  • 20% chance of a_mummy
  • 30% chance of a_dervish_cutthroat
  • 30% chance of a_desert_madman
Bobbybick Bobbybick does this look correct?

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
That looks right. The PH for AC is also easy to find because almost everything else in the south half of the zone repops in like under 10 seconds, where the PH for AC/Erg Bluntbruiser is something like 18mins.

If you get the LOWERCASE "a dervish cutthroat" to pop thats 100% the AC trigger and you should try to time its death to be around 2-3pm gametime to get 2 chances to pop AC during night. Madmen and Mummies can make finding the PH by spawntime slightly annoying since they are hostile to eachother but eventually 1 side will extinct the other.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 4 users