Everquest Mysteries

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
At some point in early EQ the idiotic trend of appending PST to the end of all your sales announcements started. It wasn't around at first, and I quit for a while (maybe just pre-Kunark or just after?) and when I came back a few months later it was PST all over the fucking place.

No shit if I'm interested I'll send you a tell. You don't need a stupid acronym to explain that. And at a certain point I think people stopped even realizing what it meant because you'd occasionally see stuff like "PST tell."

I know the majority of people probably know it as Please Send Tell, but it was also an acronym for "Personal Service or Trade" - which, depending on how it's used, makes a lot more sense.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
At some point in early EQ the idiotic trend of appending PST to the end of all your sales announcements started. It wasn't around at first, and I quit for a while (maybe just pre-Kunark or just after?) and when I came back a few months later it was PST all over the fucking place.

No shit if I'm interested I'll send you a tell. You don't need a stupid acronym to explain that. And at a certain point I think people stopped even realizing what it meant because you'd occasionally see stuff like "PST tell."
EC tunnel, early days you would, /general chat, "runed mithril bracer 500pp"
if nobody interested, nothing. if interest /customer hey, i'll buy that, meet me by first torch.

kunark, 50 or 80 in zone,

/general chat
/me lammy 500pp
/dudebro yaks 500pp
/kewld00d amulet of necopotence 5000 pp
/ladydude full cleric buffs 50pp

/raytard hahahaha thats too much!!

everyone else
????
????
what?
eff you

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

North Freeport you noob server fools... EC was dumb :)

Veeshan it was NFP- the uber's stood on top of the rock wall by the bank

I liked back when you needed a trade rep, middle men, references etc. Lol oh REAL classic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I pronounce Velious Vel-you-lus. It makes no sense in my head when I see the spelling, but it’s how I’ve always said it. No idea if that’s right.

• 1Barf
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
in EQ i learned, rogue is spelled ROUGE, frog is spelled FORG, shaman pet is called a dogdog. expensive items are referred to as "spendy", very is "hella". as in, "that ruined circlet is hella spendy!"

"Hella" is northern California slang.

North Freeport you noob server fools... EC was dumb :)

Veeshan it was NFP- the uber's stood on top of the rock wall by the bank

I liked back when you needed a trade rep, middle men, references etc. Lol oh REAL classic.

Xegony was all about that GFay.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
EQ slang has nothing on that philly slang.

FBSS = "fast jawn"
Efreeti Boots = "that freeti jawnpiece"
Warrior = "tanky boul"
Paladin = "yous be trippin', man"
Magician = "smart dude"
Enchanter = "yo that man be powerful"
Water Flask = "wder ice"
Cleric = "church jawn"
Qeynos = "South Philly"
Freeport = "Camden"
Krono = "MAC machine"
raiding = "going to wawa"
DPS race = "arguing with out of state or pittsburgh shitters about whether sheetz or wawa is better"
#1 guild on the server = "E A G L E S EAGLES FUCK DALLAS"
guildhall = "Fine Wine & Good Spirits"
Prexus = "Tom Wolf"
Cazic Thule = "Pat Toomey"
Efreeti Camp = "Northeast Philadelphia"
Iron Ration = "Hoagie"
Fuzzlecutter Formula 5000 = "Yuengling"
Instanced Raiding = "Hershey Park"
West Karana = "Lancaster County"

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Rimshot