Everquest Mysteries

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
It runs via steam link on the cel phone pretty good. At least the eq emulator I run SoD

Can probably run it on Steam Remote Play or Parsec even easier too.

I'll have to give that a shot because I am masochistically crazy about playing EQ on a small device because I am dumb

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Seeing that Giant train I couldn't help but think of fancy and goo goo good team.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Reminder that the jenn chan interview starts in about 40 minutes for anyone interested.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Despite not having played since 07 i often get random EQ thoughts invading my head.

I'll be at work sifting through documents and suddenly SHOCK OF SWORDS. I was so physched to get that level 44 mage DD and my jr high shop class, me wearing a blue Abercrombie shirt january 00.

Anytime i hear nodoubts or rhcp music it immediatly brings me back to paw of Opala camping. No alt tab and dls took forever so i put on like a three song winamp mix with "spiderwebs" and "otherside" along with that 3 doors down track cryptonite. They played on repeat for 9 hours until i got the quest item and a ghoulbane to boot.

Installing any game inevitably reminds me of installing luclin. I logged in Cobalt Scar and the DL took most of the day.

No other game does this.

• 5Solidarity
  • 5Like
Reactions: 9 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
I love the correlation of a band or song instantly bringing you back to those memories. Theres a lot of random unfitting songs that just heavily remind me of EQ

A lot of that era's bands and artists like linkin park , muse, (50 cent lol), franz ferdinand, At The Drive-In, paul oakenfold, evanescence and tons of others immediately pull me back into those days as well

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I got into Coldplay when Shadowbane came out. I was never into that type of music before or after, but I listened to it a TON while playing shadowbane.

So now whenever I hear it I immediately warp back to my half-giant berserker or whatever the hell I played.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I love the correlation of a band or song instantly bringing you back to those memories. Theres a lot of random unfitting songs that just heavily remind me of EQ

A lot of that era's bands and artists like linkin park , muse, (50 cent lol), franz ferdinand, At The Drive-In, paul oakenfold, evanescence and tons of others immediately pull me back into those days as well
Mine is kurns tower leveling a newbie listening to black sails at sunset by afi. Yes I was a homo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I used to share accounts with my best friends. As high schoolers we simply did not have enough time on our own to read and do all that shit.

So, I had one friend who like to listen to this crazy metal all the time. Another, who would listen to Ska and stuff. So I would log on somebody would start talking to me about like metal or ska and I would instantly know who have been talkin to them.

Metal friend died of a freak heart thing 3 years ago. He would be 34 tomorrow. Me and him would always go on the old forum and just laugh our asses off first period conputer class. I forget what his Forum name was on here. We got in a fight sometime in like 2008. But when I saw him a few years before he died I know he still red re-rolled.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
During classic-velious days my playtime was really really late and Mtv would loop the same music videos nightly and Id have it on in the background.

Ill forever associate gorillaz - clint eastwood with killing spiders in velks.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
During classic-velious days my playtime was really really late and Mtv would loop the same music videos nightly and Id have it on in the background.

Ill forever associate gorillaz - clint eastwood with killing spiders in velks.
Haha yeah. I used to put on portisheads dummy album during velks and many velious camps.

During the end of 99 i was in guk xping. I had mtv on so i always think of nodoubts "end of the world as we know it" performance when i think of guk.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
i was listening to a lot of metallica then, so i associate 90s metallica and the S&M album with EQ

id basically have this song on repeat for hours while pulling NToV

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I was a fucking nerd (still am) and my music tastes back then were mostly movie scores and jpop. The last three tracks of the Gladiator score are forever associated with LoIO for me. In the same vein, the score to The Ghost and the Darkness reminds me of Velious. Ayumi Hamasaki in general just now reminds me of EQ forever. WoW PvP videos got me branching out into other music and introduced me to Muse, Chevelle, Fuel, In Flames, Rise Against, Three Days Grace, etc. Most of those songs now just remind me of the PvP vids I saw them in.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Best was when Kunark came out and some people had it and some people didn't yet, like the first day it opened. Dipshits in the guild thinking they weren't kos in places and died over and over lol.

Knew someone that managed to bind in a bad spot and they pulled the guards or whatever over and died over and over and over.