Everquest - Phinigel server

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Man camping zephyl since tehy added two more placeholders to the cycle and its brutal, my necro has my two pipes though so if I buy a ROTLC and get the ROWTF on my necro can he MQ it for my monks epic? just saw a ROTLC go for 3 fuckin krono and here i am sitting here 12 hours no robe

Needless

Toe Sucker
are all EoE players autists like sidefx? lmao

sitting here in RM laughing at him calling people shit lords while he KS's hillgiants and shit

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yea he's got Shroud, ODS, Epic, etc. Basically only upgrades I had left in Kunark to try for were PD robe (not worth it though with Sal'Varae's so close IMO though [and with a Donal's BP already]) and Vibrating Gaunts
yeah that would be a good sale
cool.png

im sitting here in RM thinking jesus people still farm hill giants and bitch about it

Ok. So, what's worse than the experience grind to get one character to max? Doing it multiple times, and each time realizing you don't like that class at end game each time you get to the 40s and 50s.

I've got nearly one of everything level 40 to 50 on Phinigel, and I'm finding myself wanting to start over yet again with either a ranger or rogue. Fuck!

Anybody want to put together a power level group one of these days? I can bring a 53 druid out side of group of you can bring some other out of group high level to help.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Ok. So, what's worse than the experience grind to get one character to max? Doing it multiple times, and each time realizing you don't like that class at end game each time you get to the 40s and 50s.

I've got nearly one of everything level 40 to 50 on Phinigel, and I'm finding myself wanting to start over yet again with either a ranger or rogue. Fuck!

Anybody want to put together a power level group one of these days? I can bring a 53 druid out side of group of you can bring some other out of group high level to help.
I know the feeling. My main is a necro, but have a rogue, ranger, and cleric, and want to play around on an enchanter and bard too ugh.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Quarm by nature isn't for casuals, but even on Phinny, or Live, it comes down to EQ isn't made for casuals. You ain't gonna get shit done if you only have 2 hours to play. Certainly not with solo exp on Phinny being so bad. Casuals in this game play on Live, use MQ, and 6 box their own group content. lol...

I wish there was a way to be truely casual with this game, but alas, there isn't.

And yes, I realize everyone's definition of casual is different, but for me, in my situation, it comes down to blocks of time. When Kunark launched, I was working 3rd shift, and I only played twice a week, but for 10-12 hours straight, 2 nights a week. Was my nights off, because that was the only time I had that much time in a row.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man camping zephyl since tehy added two more placeholders to the cycle and its brutal, my necro has my two pipes though so if I buy a ROTLC and get the ROWTF on my necro can he MQ it for my monks epic? just saw a ROTLC go for 3 fuckin krono and here i am sitting here 12 hours no robe
Toxn I think spent 3 days nonstop there for one robe for the monks hes leveling.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I was grouped with toxn, he was debating dps racing me but with my 4 necros/war/clr he decided we'd team up and roll. I ended up getting the robe while he was tanking AOW 2 days ago and let him roll anyway since he was only left with 2 chars when Z popped instead of the 4 he had, but he stayed with me for 4 hours after he won the robe which was pretty awesome of him. Just got Z now he was up walking around with robe, fuckin amazing. The added PH is so annoying, yesterday probably 80% of the pops were grizzly bear, and there's multiple grizzly bears up already.

INTERESTING news - eqmule is now allowing MQ2 on phinigel but map/macros are turned off, he's allowing EQBC, MQ2melee, MQ2cast so basically isboxer. I'm curious what DBG will do with people running around boxing/broadcasting more. MQ2melee has flags that are basically if statements and I see as not much different than macros if you know how to set them up, so people can just if stateement for a mob, if statement resummon pet, if statement for heal % on current target etc. But this really goes against DBG's truebox, and I thought MQ2 was working with DBG to avoid being detected on other servers....

list of allowed plugins
MQ2Advpath
MQ2AutoAccept
MQ2AutoLogin
MQ2Bzsrch
MQ2Cast
MQ2CustomBinds
MQ2EQBC
MQ2EQBugFix
MQ2HUD
MQ2ItemDisplay
MQ2Labels
MQ2Log
MQ2Melee
MQ2MoveUtils
MQ2Rez

Needless

Toe Sucker

I could do this (preferably on weekend(s)) or weeknights, my druid is ~19 or so atm and i can bring my 55 enchanter oog for haste/clarity/whatever. I'd like to get the druid to around 50 if i can before Luclin hits, then i'll use him to PL a BL lol

lost

<Bronze Donator>

Welp I've got an account with a 33 rogue on it rotting, if you want to pay the transfer fee we can look into it and you can have it on your own account, there was something about account transfer being down but supposed to be up by tomorrow. after that you can gear it and do the skills etc.

tarquinn_sl

shitlord
I like how eqmule makes it a point to say that MQ2Map is disabled but have always touted that MySEQ is acceptable and is "Phinigel Approved." I still remember the post on their forums, about how he wanted to make sure MQ2 wasn't used on Phinigel to show DBG that MQ2 was basically required to keep the game alive, and that Phinigel wouldn't last very long without it and people would be bored. I gotta go find the posts now. Even how many times I saw him reply and say shit like "Let the people that don't want this program play on their little server, we have all of the other servers still" etc. Turns out Phinigel is a gi-fucking-gantic sucess and is probably the most popular and fun server to ever exist.

However, DBG basically just throwing up their hands and letting this shit slide after all of that public display of "NO 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE!" just screams that they don't give a shit about Phini anymore. I'm just completely convinced that the Luclin instancing is going to be slopped together because the higher ups have now put all resources towards a new expansion that they can release sometime around Christmas. What a joke this company has become.

On another note, how's that Distraction Server coming along? You know the one, the one in the left hand saying "HEY LOOK OVER HERE, LOOK OVER HERE" and in the right hand is the promises of 84 day unlocks, completed and functional instancing on time, and no 3rd party software.

Crone

Despite my very recent previous post, just thinking about and talking about EQ gave me that itch, so I burned a Kronos. I don't even know what to do. I basically ground hard to 60, then stopped playing, burned out.

Where do I go? Is there exp hot spots I can try and get back into the enchanter game again? velks?

Should I go for my epic? Seems a little out of scope considering I don't play that much, but maybe? Any direction would be appreciated.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I like how eqmule makes it a point to say that MQ2Map is disabled but have always touted that MySEQ is acceptable and is "Phinigel Approved." I still remember the post on their forums, about how he wanted to make sure MQ2 wasn't used on Phinigel to show DBG that MQ2 was basically required to keep the game alive, and that Phinigel wouldn't last very long without it and people would be bored. I gotta go find the posts now. Even how many times I saw him reply and say shit like "Let the people that don't want this program play on their little server, we have all of the other servers still" etc. Turns out Phinigel is a gi-fucking-gantic sucess and is probably the most popular and fun server to ever exist.

However, DBG basically just throwing up their hands and letting this shit slide after all of that public display of "NO 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE!" just screams that they don't give a shit about Phini anymore. I'm just completely convinced that the Luclin instancing is going to be slopped together because the higher ups have now put all resources towards a new expansion that they can release sometime around Christmas. What a joke this company has become.

On another note, how's that Distraction Server coming along? You know the one, the one in the left hand saying "HEY LOOK OVER HERE, LOOK OVER HERE" and in the right hand is the promises of 84 day unlocks, completed and functional instancing on time, and no 3rd party software.
I know its funny cause eqmule keeps MYSEQ going, so who needs mq2map that much? I do recall those posts where they thought witholding mq2 from phinigel would show DBG that the people dont want truebox and the server would die. I would think MMOBUGS and redguides are hurting from not having subscriptions from phinigel people, which I thought would happen.

The MQ2 compile just came out today so I'm not sure you can say DBG is just throwing up their hands and letting it slide. I dont think they will. myseq is just a map but this is different, its isboxer to put it poorly. What baffled me is I saw a post where eqmule claimed he didnt know isboxer wasn't allowed on phinigel, cause he said well this is no different than isboxer.

Havent tried Quarm yet but my father got to level 61 in a few hours after launch so it's fast, not sure how hard the trials are compared to what they used to be though. I only considered it for the mount but I dont want to be putting tons of effort into quarm and phinigel at the same time.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Despite my very recent previous post, just thinking about and talking about EQ gave me that itch, so I burned a Kronos. I don't even know what to do. I basically ground hard to 60, then stopped playing, burned out.

Where do I go? Is there exp hot spots I can try and get back into the enchanter game again? velks?

Should I go for my epic? Seems a little out of scope considering I don't play that much, but maybe? Any direction would be appreciated.
Enchanter epic? Still a huge pooposock on Verina I heard, and you'll need help with wraith in fear so you'd need a guild. Velketor is good and popular spot, DN, seb etc. I'd look into a casual instancing guild to get some easy upgrades or tov/pog/kael quest armor.

Crone

Enchanter epic? Still a huge pooposock on Verina I heard, and you'll need help with wraith in fear so you'd need a guild. Velketor is good and popular spot, DN, seb etc. I'd look into a casual instancing guild to get some easy upgrades or tov/pog/kael quest armor.
Yeah, you're right. Enchanter epic isn't going to happen ever... lol. I suppose any of those spots wouldn't be bad, but then I'm like, I'm 60, and can't raid, wtf is the point.
frown.png

Shit ass 2nd shift work schedule.

Wonder if Quarm could be more viable in shorter bursts... hmmm...

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
2? Pretty sure they just added the grizzly bear.

maldyn, drake, grizzly bear, hasten, zephyl. I've done this cycle a ton.

That said, it's almost always better to camp raster first and if he spawns with a robe do turn in + kill and if he doesn't spawn with the robe just turn in and fuck off. Play both angles.

Also, I bought that ROTLC for 3kr. It was awesome. MQ'd that epic to Coltaine fo free tho :p I have this need to make it rain from time to time o_O

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah from broken wave? I spawned that Zephyl but my box group wasnt nearby and my porter access was afk online so I couldnt make it there, would have definitely paid 3kr for loot rights if I knew. After that I decided to just bring the group there ahead of time. Yeah its just a grizzly, not brown bear I learned better.