Everquest - Phinigel server

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bro, you've got worse MMO add than I do. This and the WoW thread tell me you can't ever make up your mind :p
So true. Always on the personal quest to find the perfect fit of game + community I guess. :(

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So true. Always on the personal quest to find the perfect fit of game + community I guess. :(

I've never managed to make friends in other MMO's the way I have in EQ. I think it's the slow as fuck combat that encourages chit chat. I've spent a ton of nights running in circles in Cabilis or EC Tunnel while on Vent/TS with people from my guild.

Also the forced interaction brought on by a non instanced universe.

Crone

I've never managed to make friends in other MMO's the way I have in EQ. I think it's the slow as fuck combat that encourages chit chat. I've spent a ton of nights running in circles in Cabilis or EC Tunnel while on Vent/TS with people from my guild.

Also the forced interaction brought on by a non instanced universe.
Yeah, EQ friends have lasted more so than any other game. As for crazy good gaming experiences, I'd say EQ and WoW are about even. But it took a lot more years of WoW to get to that same point that EQ did in a much shorter time frame. I play games these days for the community and social interaction, typically not because of the game. So basically join for the guild, and like you, I've spent countless hours staying online to chat, and was doing nothing else at the time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Same thoughts on it Zaide - leaving the game in my rear view (heck, a good hunk of gaming in general) as I'm getting a bit more mentally well though. Still debating selling or not though - hate it ethically, but shame to see accounts I'll never touch again go from something of value to worthless. Decisions, decisions.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are there any good resources for droppable gear through velious on the progression servers? I want to pimp my ranger but I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
You should sell everything besides your original account. If you do the math on how many hours you spent getting the characters to where you could sell them for $100-$400 it comes out to sweat shop wages.

I have an old account that has permanent premium access, I've thought of selling it but it sort of feels wrong.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Are there any good resources for droppable gear through velious on the progression servers? I want to pimp my ranger but I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

You can get some sick twinkage going on for the Ranger if you are ready to drop some $ on krono. Most of the loot in kael is droppable, like BoC etc. For visible slots you can probably get the Matchless Dragonhide gear for a lowish price.

Matchless Dragonhide Breastplate

You've got a variety of dragon haste which is probably in extreme abundance from classic/kunark farming. Finding a CoF and RBB for sale should be trivial. Also it never hurts to have a Fungi Tunic for the lower levels.

Vaclav

You should sell everything besides your original account. If you do the math on how many hours you spent getting the characters to where you could sell them for $100-$400 it comes out to sweat shop wages.

I have an old account that has permanent premium access, I've thought of selling it but it sort of feels wrong.

From guiding? I did that years ago without thinking, part of why it always gives me hesitation.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
From guiding? I did that years ago without thinking, part of why it always gives me hesitation.

It's from account sharing with Devs.

Zaide you're still playing?

Na, I haven't played in a while. The day Modest Man and the rest of the "Juggernaut" quit LJ was the day I quit. With no competition I no longer had a reason to play.

I played with MiM on Phinny for while but my account there got jacked and I got bored with streaming so I stopped.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Twinked my ranger and having fun so far. Experience per kill seems a lot higher than when the server first launched. That might just be the ability to solo yellows, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I always read this thread, get them feels, burn a Kronos, login, walk around a bit, try and talk to peeps, but no one is online, and then logout and never log back in again before my month runs out. I don't want alts, and raid times don't work out for when I have the free time to do it, so it's a no win. Just sitting at level 60... with AAs coming in Luclin, maybe that'll give incentive to come back and get some groups going or something.
I got tempted to install it after that EQ Mysteries thread, but I haven't played in at least a decade. Wouldn't seem worthwhile I doubt, especially after reading how the F2P actually works.

Crone

I got tempted to install it after that EQ Mysteries thread, but I haven't played in at least a decade. Wouldn't seem worthwhile I doubt, especially after reading how the F2P actually works.
I've got a 60 Enchanter to go back to on Phinny if I ever so choose, and even a guild, but my play times are pretty bad, and life in general doesn't allow me the time necessary to play. I don't have 4+ hour chunks of time anymore. 1-2 hour max, and that's not enough time to really get anything done in EQ.

WoW just works out better because of sheer size. There's more opportunities to find other people that play on my weird times.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Which faction armor set is the more doable for a single group in Velious west wing or Halls of testing?

Eonan

Doer of Things
Logged in to all of my LIVE accounts yesterday to look for my Krono's. Bitches have vanished, ah well.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Which faction armor set is the more doable for a single group in Velious west wing or Halls of testing?

Should be Halls of Testing easily iirc. Says person not playing here, basing information on 15 year old experiences