Everquest - Phinigel server

Sterling

El Presidente
Which faction armor set is the more doable for a single group in Velious west wing or Halls of testing?
They're basically equal difficulty. Depends what you want. HoT armor tends to be better for non tanks/pullers since it has more stats/resists on average, but less AC.

Stench

Golden Knight of the Realm
Is there an official rererolled guild or? I want to play but have no buds to join up with - EQ sucks to play on your own!

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Hell yeah, more rerebros is always good, especially since Regime abandoned us.

I might be interested in pursuing this endeavor. What playtimes might I be looking at to keep up with you gents? My time is a bit limited, but I'm awesomesauce.

Sterling

El Presidente
I might be interested in pursuing this endeavor. What playtimes might I be looking at to keep up with you gents? My time is a bit limited, but I'm awesomesauce.
We do some instances during prime time, but we do openworld whenever. This late in the expansion it's a lot more relaxed of course, but early on expect a fuckload of raiding. Also nobody is 100 percent RA, honestly even 70 percent is very good, and our minimum attendance is like 30 percent. If you make roughly half the raids you'll still see twice as much loot as the other instance only guilds.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Which faction armor set is the more doable for a single group in Velious west wing or Halls of testing?

West is for tanks (high AC), East is lower AC / better stats for every other class. Each wing is certainly the same difficulty and each has nice safe spots for camping. I boxed each wing on my 6 box setup on Ragefire. The biggest issue you need to deal with is the gating dragons. You need to have a chanter to mana drain the shit out of them (use lower level, fast recast one.. not high level long reuse).

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
West is for tanks (high AC), East is lower AC / better stats for every other class. Each wing is certainly the same difficulty and each has nice safe spots for camping. I boxed each wing on my 6 box setup on Ragefire. The biggest issue you need to deal with is the gating dragons. You need to have a chanter to mana drain the shit out of them (use lower level, fast recast one.. not high level long reuse).

k have a bard and an enchanter so should be no issue on the mana drain

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep, youre golden. If you are farming East, Dozekar room is nice and safe when he is not up or due. West, there is another cubby that has no wanderers or static with a nice 90 degree wall to dodge AE's if necessary.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Talk to Shelston in game about getting a friends and family app Bigdub, once youre 60 you can raid if that's your thing. We're the only open world guild pretty much so we allow 2 mains even if you wanted. Last night was a raid night and we cleared PoG for example in under an hour, its not an insane time commitment as people sometimes think.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Stuck at work late as hell tonight because some dipshit installed 32bit SQL during the downtime window--now I have to fix that shit after hours. =\

I made level 47 today on my ranger. I'll eventually make it to 60, but I will NEVER start a new character in Everquest again.

The one thing DBG has done with the fucked up slow as hell experience rate on Phinigel is guarantee that I will never play on another EQ server ever again.

When Phinigel dies off, I will uninstall EQ for the last time.

Fuck you DBG. Fuck you!

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Nah, I recently joined DW and was curious if any other Phini members run around here. But thanks for the answer.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Woo, we had our first Tunare kill last night. Velious beaten (we started 3.5 months ago).

But damn, PoG is a miserable raid. The trash drops aren't noteworthy except for alts or people REALLY new to the guild, they're a pain in the ass to pull, it's nothing but hills so you can't see shit, and there's tons to kill. Miserable.

Bruman

Golden Squire
I assume you're joking? I know EoE at least still just clears it.

We do tag-and-flop the mini-bosses to help gather up some of the trash. But can't really AoE down when you have bosses that AE silence.

That is pretty much what we do with Fear though. Beeline the golems, AoE'ing what's in the way, then clear the temple, then tag and move CT and ignore everything else.