Everquest - Phinigel server

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I disagree. I think they knew that the vast majority would be from those servers. Since those people are already paying the sub fee, nickel and diming them is their main way to increase revenue
If that's their plan that plan is terrible. The RF/LJ refugees are a burned out, surly lot and I don't think all that many of them are going to go through the work to get to 50 to do more Classic raid content . They aren't going to stick it out.

Add a bunch of pots to the store, fine. Add a higher tier of exp potion even, fine. But don't try and combine increased revenue streams with dragging out leveling. If I was King Fish of Daybreak I'd fucking change course on that today, revert the exp changes, and give out 25% bonus exp through the weekend as an apology.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Going to post again because fuck it this bugs me.

YOU'VE GOT INSTANCED RAID CONTENT WHY ARE YOU GATING IT BEHIND DECREASED EXP RATES HOLY FUCK

That's the hook! That's how you get people to give you money month after month after month after month! Every single person can have access to raid content!

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Got half way through level 8 tonight. Holy hell. 9 Hours played and im not level 9 yet and I have been xping non stop.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
50/50 they revert the leveling over the next few days? Debating on even playing this weekend. Hate to be a sour ass, but fuck, not here for the leveling.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't worry there is a krono sell this weekend!

50/50 they revert the leveling over the next few days? Debating on even playing this weekend. Hate to be a sour ass, but fuck, not here for the leveling.
I wouldn't be shocked it happens. Maybe not in a few days, but eventually? They've got people subbed for month, so as long as its done before those expire(to bring those people back and re-sub) it's ok.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Given their track record it's more like 25/75. What I hope is that they see the server pop tank immediately and change course right away.

And again, you've got instanced raid content. There's no fucking reason to gate the endgame. RF and LJ was plenty slow enough.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Poop sockers are going to poop sock regardless of the exp rate. I'd change it to whatever it was on RF and leave it at that, it was good for casuals. If those poopsocking nerds want to go hard to get uncontested loot then let them lol

I reaaaaaaaaalllllllllly doubt i'll stick with this server at this rate though, petitioned a refund on the TLP expansion package just to rub it in :^)

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
XP rate doesn't bother me, shrug - hit L12 tonight, got about 18 hrs played. (10 of those in Qeynos area with its relatively bad XP in comparison to many other areas)

Already debating it a bit on Live so not repeating here - but I'm fine with it - raiding an expansion behind shouldn't be a big deal for people that really are casual. The guild I'm in (IV) might even end up that way from the leveling numbers I'm seeing so far. (We didn't over-recruit at all, just a little over 1 full raid of people - and it's looking like about half are leveling slow L3-7 range ATM) I'd prefer raiding in era, but if I have to raid an expansion late or only a few times in era because of slow leveling, so be it.

Not that I'd mind if they reversed it to LJ/RF levels, but it doesn't ruin things to me.

Crone

I enjoy manually playing an enchanter compared to other classes but I worry about the exp rate and of course pet changes really making starting out difficult. Just have to suffer through killing light blues or whatever until you get into grouping range?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just group up right away? Grouping range starts @ 1 imo.

If you do solo, killing blues to yellows shouldn't be a problem. Just don't expect your pet to tank everything like before. More then like you just use pet as a DoT(especially chanter pet) while you tank.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Going to post again because fuck it this bugs me.

YOU'VE GOT INSTANCED RAID CONTENT WHY ARE YOU GATING IT BEHIND DECREASED EXP RATES HOLY FUCK

That's the hook! That's how you get people to give you money month after month after month after month! Every single person can have access to raid content!
And especially considering each expansion is only 3 months. Fuck leveling.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This will get patched or it'll kill the server. Not even the hyper casuals will put up with this after they spend three hours grinding to barely even get a level in their mid teens.

But whatever, I was looking forward to dicking around here and playing a new troll, but not like this. I ain't got time in my life to sink 200+ hours in to leveling.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Having put in now a few hours in Lavastorm with a full group of synergistic classes piloted by decent players chain pulling yellows I don't think anyone is really going to put up with these exp rates. Daybreak has completely sabotaged what could have been a server with mass appeal and they have insulted everyone who left Ragefire or Lockjaw and is trying to start over.

It's only Friday and the server just launched Wed so there's zero chance of Daybreak reversing course on this now but there's a slim chance that after everyone gets to really give Phinny a go over the weekend and see's how miserable it is that the uproar combined with the crashing server population will get Daybreak to move on it. I thought for sure Phinny was going to be packed with guilds doing raid content and there's no chance of that now. I'm actually shocked that Daybreak was able to put this many good ingredients together and still sneak a spoon full of dog shit into the apple pie at the last second.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Certainly not going to bother playing it in its current state. Glad I haven't dropped $$$ on a Satchel.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The rumor going around is they can't get raid instancing to work right so this is how they are buying time.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yep. That's why the change in exp rates never came up before despite having a couple months to talk about it, why it also wasn't mentioned in the FAQ, and there wasn't even an official response until a full day after Phinny went live. If anyone else has noticed it's only kill exp that's reduced. Quest exp is 100% identical to Lockjaw and Ragefire. They didn't change the global exp rates as part of some server rule set. They cut kill exp in half to buy time.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
They pretty much destroyed boxing anything but a full group atm. Duoing exp rates are dismal as you can't realistically kill mobs that yield decent exp at a good rate. I duo'd my toons to lvl 23 or so on LJ in well under 10 hours played. I'm at 14 hours played now and only at lvl 8. Granted I died a whole shit ton finding a decent spot... but finally decided to punt and just focus on a single toon because a full group goes so much faster.

Vaclav

The rumor going around is they can't get raid instancing to work right so this is how they are buying time.
The non-plane ones worked fine on Test, no reason to think they're not working right besides idle speculation.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The non-plane ones worked fine on Test, no reason to think they're not working right besides idle speculation.
By the way I liked your definition of casual on the boards with 20 hours a week of play time. Well done.