Everquest - Phinigel server

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How is Nagafen still alive on this server. Wtf are you guys doing?
So, I take it that our 40 hour Nagafen lives on as the greatest achievement in the history of EQ? Suck it nubs.
rrr_img_119990.png

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ya.. hell I'm only lvl 10. I have only been in two groups since I started (and one was just one other two boxer at lvl 8) I have my shamy and a necro on a laptop to dot and sic pet on stuff. Wednesday is my last day at work till the 4th, so outside of chasing women and visiting family on Christmas, I'll hopefully do some leveling. We have what.. another 2 and a half months of classic before Kunark? That should be plenty of time. My biggest thing is that I don't know where to look for gear (been over 10 years since I did any of this). I have 35p on each character and with people doing chrono for items, there is no way in hell I'm buying anything. I just hope people let others into camps for gear that they need and don't monopolize shit just to be a dick.

Apostolos / Nekris

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Claimed 500 DBG cash for spending a Kronos, and didn't see the deal that popped up about the discounted 3 exp potions for 500. Fffuu! Ended up buying 1 for 270 before I saw the deal.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Claimed 500 DBG cash for spending a Kronos, and didn't see the deal that popped up about the discounted 3 exp potions for 500. Fffuu! Ended up buying 1 for 270 before I saw the deal.
That shit is annoying, i claimed on a different character so i couldnt do that deal either

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Put in 8 hours in unrest today. Went from 20 to 25.5 - potted for 4 hours. I don't think I'll have a problem being 50 by the 1 month mark. My guild should do fine in classic but I've always hated kunark levelling. It was a giant grind on release, still felt like a grind on LJ and if they keep this shitty exp up, it's going to be murder on phini.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So what the best way to gear up a low level enchanter cheaply on a progression server? Krono is not a option and I have not played in so long I don't remember where anything decent drops at low level

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Perhaps you're thinking of servers previous to Vazaelle though - back when servers were coming out every other month or so I did have a number of servers where I was way ahead of the pack (Qeynos had so many exploits - back when I was willing to exploit blatant stuff) - but then found I didn't like my class. I had a Rogue and Monk that were both retired around 20-30 because I found I disliked the class and a new server popped up that gave me the excuse to jet)
Naw, it was Vazaelle. You were playing your Erudite cleric and were leading the leveling pack. I was behind you with a legit crew of people. Maybe you quit and came back, but i don't recall you getting 50 or 60 during the early IV reign, which was the time that i was playing. Gore-something, ogre warrior, was the first 50, and i don't recall who the first 60 was. I was close to the first bunch of 60s on a necro.

Not a fan of high competition anymore - not sure where you'd get that idea. I was just saying if you dial back expectations a bit things can be MANAGEABLE. [And note, I have revised that opinion - I tried my first real "PUG" style throw together whatever is available group and the XP was a slog in one of my favorite zones - although I'd technically not min-maxed building my groups before they'd ended up stacked - often double charming ENCs, often 1-2 wizards, etc]
I wasn't referring to you here. Was just saying in general. The majority of the people still playing this shit neckbeard style are either 1.) Mentally ill, 2.) Unemployed living with parents, 3.) Unemployed and on welfare. Catering a game to these types of people and then justifying it under any circumstance is retarded. I know quite a few P99 dudes that wouldn't play on Phinny, or EQLive for that matter, because they can't fucking afford to pay the $15 sub... lol...

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
im liking phinny alot right now. Feel more invested in my characters than normal
I'm only one day in but I like it also, feels a lot closer to P99 and classic rates. It felt like most of us on Ragefire boxed out of necessity more than actually liking to box.

Vaclav

Naw, it was Vazaelle. You were playing your Erudite cleric and were leading the leveling pack. I was behind you with a legit crew of people. Maybe you quit and came back, but i don't recall you getting 50 or 60 during the early IV reign, which was the time that i was playing. Gore-something, ogre warrior, was the first 50, and i don't recall who the first 60 was. I was close to the first bunch of 60s on a necro.
If you were only tracking me by "first to 50/60 stuff", yea, I'd have absolutely fallen off the radar - the quest I used to abuse back then could do L20 in around ~12 hrs of doing loops to vendors in EC. But otherwise I didn't level particularly fast, never have - I'm not one to focus on doing permagroups or min-maxing groups - I like to just put together/join whatever is available (real PUGs if unguilded - like I think I was at the time - I think I joined SF a couple weeks in. Think that was the server I did <Mere Mortals> that was myself + 2 friends until something real rolled around --- OR if guilded random LFG from within the guild) - I'm quite anti-clique when it come to EQ though - never been how I enjoy the game but definitely slows the leveling, besides that silly quest I abused. (And note, my quest was slower than the Tumpy Tonic people, that were using /anon or /role - I'm always too lazy to obfuscate what I'm doing though)

And I think we may have grouped for a day or two when there weren't too many people caught up, right? I seem to recall grouping with an ogre warrior with a similar name + a female ogre shaman for a couple of the first days while the leveling pack was quite far behind.

But leveling wise, I think I was only in the "first to max level" for my class ever on Stromm - and that was largely because I went for the complete hardcore leveling clique, premade group with scheduled times to get on, etc every day thing with Faite's group/Cypher while being the lead cleric for the guild, so first Cleric epic, etc. [And I had ditched the quest bullshit for that server for my main - did use it to jumpstart alts though - did give me a little chuckle seeing how "accepted" bone chip leveling was these days now, when the people that knew that I quested 1-20 back then would always give me tons of grief. Frankly with how the XP on that quest was, if I knew MQ2 existed back then (I was willing to use SEQ then so I'm sure I'd have used it, unlike now - post Stromm/do-anything I mellowed a ton) and it had the scripting stuff back then - I probably could've easily used it to max level - it was still a few levels every ~20 min run or so but doing a million bag combines by hand was hand cramp central manually]

sukik

I'm only one day in but I like it also, feels a lot closer to P99 and classic rates. It felt like most of us on Ragefire boxed out of necessity more than actually liking to box.
The big draw for me on this server is no boxing. If I want to box I'd just go play my characters on the live servers and not waste my time with progression.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
*** Progression Servers ***

- Corrected an issue where the level 1 necromancer pet Cavorting Bones would immediately generate low hp aggro with any attacker at full health.
That's right folks, they nerfed pet health so hard that on the level 1 pet it meant every NPC treated it as being critically low.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it was useless. Immediately got agro and died in 2 hits. Was fun leveling to 4 with my 5hp nuke and restricted piercing.

Crone

Just saw EoE showed up on this server. I didn't realize they were doing it, but then again I haven't checked their site in a while.