Everquest - Phinigel server

Needless

Toe Sucker
I have never used MQ2
frown.png

What does the map even do show whats spawned?
yeah it shows everything that is spawned on the map and global zone targeting i think? it's really fucking handy.

I haven't used it in a few years though, don't want to pay for it or compile my own shit.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
In February's patch we're fixing this oversight. Quest experience will be brought back in line with kill experience and the game will play a bit more like it was at launch.
At launch people quested as much as possible to advance quickly doing repeatable quests. What changed is that killed exp on Phinny was terrible enough that optimizing quest exp was incentivized. The early levels really are a slog and yeah, people will engage in other mundane tasks to skip those mundane tasks. The fire beetle eye quest in Freeport has some weird math hidden in it and the instantly respawning multiple tri-spawn packs of fire beetles are the issue just like the instantly respawning packs of skeletons were an issue with the Kaladim bone chip quest. Nerfing all quest exp everywhere because of Paineel factor farming to fuel a couple specific quests that are/were themselves outliers is just awful.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Lol

Inc butthurt casuals
In a game that is 16 years old, I don't see how this could not be welcomed by everyone. No one in their right mind gets on an alt and enjoys these exp rates, especially the players on this server who have done this time & time again. Luckily there is still time to boost with red wine!

You'll notice XP is better after this update when you're clearing level appropriate content in-game, but the XP rate on Phinigel will still be slower than what it currently is on Ragefire/Lockjaw. - Roshen
Imagine we will get close to what double exp weekend rates were, which would be fucking amazing, yet still slower than RF & LJ. Actually have some drive to level alts!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The occasional mob will let me land a fire dot but the majority only will land the life tap ones. Yeah even belly casting. I don't know if its because of the buffs or if its always been this way since I played a rogue.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shit on Ragefire a ton of people used it for the assist bot thing and got busted, I don't think Sony even cares about the map portion of it to be honest. I talked to plenty of GMs with the maps always on and never heard a peep so they either don't care or don't even monitor for it.
Wasn't the "fake Inny/CT" thing to catch people using MQ2 maps?

Siddar

The occasional mob will let me land a fire dot but the majority only will land the life tap ones. Yeah even belly casting. I don't know if its because of the buffs or if its always been this way since I played a rogue.
Try using the lower level versions of Dot's. EQ has resist checks invisibly modified by casting lower level spells. It is one of the reasons casting undead charm in your fortys as a necro is actually useful. While at higher levels the charm is almost completely useless because the level of the charm and level of mobs you want to charm are so close.

By the way damn it on this experience change I was just about to bail on server and now I have to check the new rate.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
anyone got that old legends stormhammer picture of the person asking for food from the GM and in the lower left corner VISA paypal macros etc lol.

Vaclav

anyone got that old legends stormhammer picture of the person asking for food from the GM and in the lower left corner VISA paypal macros etc lol.
I know the pic was from Befallen and a Rogue character.... but I think he was asking for a Mrylokar Dagger wasn't he? If those breadcrumbs help someone in their googlefu for the search - I failed personally.