Everquest - Phinigel server

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Alright, so I went ahead and farmed up 70 stacks of fire beetle eyes and then turned them in on my level 22 high elf wizard using a DE mark and then Origined to Felwithe to turn in the earrings. At level 22 the 70 stacks were 58% experience, the 24 earrings I got were another 19%, and the total cash earned was 116 platinum. It took an hour and a half to farm the eyes and I had my wizard bound at Grobb so I could go from Crushbone and back quickly. I tried to turn in some eyes at the Freeport lady but I couldn't get to Amiable but I don't think there is any way that quest suddenly becomes more exp at level 22 than it was at level 1 when I directly compared it with Grobb.

Sure, in the first hour of Phinny if I had completely refined the steps and no one else was buying eyes I could have really had an edge but when it comes down to bot farming eyes to level a character it doesn't seem very good to me. It would be a better use of my energy to group for an hour or two. Sure, it takes very little work with most of it being sending the eyes and turning the eyes in but I can't imagine trying to put a character into the 40s with this and using multiple Mage boxes to do it.
I would have sold them for 1400 plat instead.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I would have sold them for 1400 plat instead.
If they've got a big sale price than farming them makes sense. I didn't do the farming on Phinny so I don't have access to that market to unload them if I wanted to. Ragefire and Lockjaw have the exact same quest exp as Phinny does.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm seeing WTS around 2p each and WTB around 1p each, and in both cases their spamming stopped so I assume someone bought/sold.

rad

Lord of Guk
Back in camp if anyone needs Guise
smile.png

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Back in camp if anyone needs Guise
smile.png
The guise is so iconic to EQ for me, I always want to make multiple alts that can't naturally be dark elfs and get the mask. Paladins, druids, and monks are the most common. Dark elf monk is so awesome! Haha

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm in bed they are sending me back to the salt mines tomorrow. I'm 47 and got jboots and a guise so I'm pretty happy .

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
People are saying that they are getting 1-25 on the Freeport turn in (4 eyes per) with about 200-250 eyes. After level 25 the exp slows down quite a bit, one guy said at 32 he was getting 2% per turn in with a pot. Dismal Rage is the faction, and I have no idea how many Bone Chips it takes to get high enough for the eye turn in. Some are saying DE's are able to do it immediately, as another guy said his wood elf bard took 500 chips.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I tested four eyes in Grobb and four eyes in FP before I got going and at level one Grobb was 34% and FP was 31%. I don't think that there's any way for the exp to be different (and much, much better) with the one versus the other later on.

I guess I'll go check it out?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Well, either I screwed up my initial test or there's another part of the quest exp calculation because 59 stacks of eyes was 100% of level 23 and 70% of level 24. I may have had an excellent way to farm cash at the very start of a server but this exp is indeed pretty crazy given how little labor is involved. Hell, on Phinny at the open you could have done something like made an Erudite Necromancer and then bind yourself at Xelha's feet (or a human Necromancer and bind in Paineel) and been your own little leveling bot.

Much like how automation resulted in the Kaladim bone chip quest getting hammered I expect the same here.

edit - I went back and make a level 1 troll and had him turn in a stack of eyes and it put him to level 2 at 92%. A level 1 Human Necro in FP was set to level 2 at 35%. The Freeport quest just works different than I thought quests worked. I have no idea why it has the scaling that it has.