Everquest - Phinigel server

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol. Those in virtue guys don't care, I had some KS tranix from me while I was killing the FGs infront of him. Trained them also. It's the wild wild west
Who? Trust me when I say we don't have many problem players... but a few have a mean streak for a few people that have caused them problems before (even if they're just grouped with those problem people) though.

But not known a single one to be the start of a problem.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who? Trust me when I say we don't have many problem players... but a few have a mean streak for a few people that have caused them problems before (even if they're just grouped with those problem people) though.

insert dindu meme

Vaclav

insert dindu meme
Seriously - last case I saw of something like that - one of us did train people back, but it was after we had three trains thrown at us in Efreeti for example. (And that's only a few of us that will even bother with that, a number just say screw it, not worth the hassle in a case like that and roll out)

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I'll have to look at the names again, it was a full group of em though. Vyrvak or something comes to mind.

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande

Kizzu or Kazzu (gnome wizard) is a Ksing faggot cunt. He's openly ksed, dispelled charm/root, and killed hasten (while people are doing turn in) in Rathe mountains Hill Giants (he won't be sporting his guild tag though, I wonder why?). He brags about it in ooc too, really giving your guild a shitty name.

Vaclav

I'll have to look at the names again, it was a full group of em though. Vyrvak or something comes to mind.
Vyray or me (Vaclav) are the only two that were close - definitely wasn't me (unless it was during the time we were trained a bunch of times already - and there was only one return train before I calmed the puller the heck down)... and as for Vyray, I'd find it hard to believe - he tends to be super chill, but I'll talk to him about it when he's on to at least get his side assuming it's him. [Monk I presume, right?]

Vaclav

Kizzu or Kazzu (gnome wizard) is a Ksing faggot cunt. He's openly ksed, dispelled charm/root, and killed hasten (while people are doing turn in) in Rathe mountains Hill Giants (he won't be sporting his guild tag though, I wonder why?). He brags about it in ooc too, really giving your guild a shitty name.
On Hasten it might have been when we were finishing up Robes for Monks - and he might have gotten a bit worked up over the nonsense that had happened there to us being nice - I was only there for the first try at being nice... and it was bad enough that I said screw it and took 2 days off - first and only time when the game has gotten to me on Phin yet. (Talking bad enough interaction with AoS for a couple days that some of them were stalking our camps including KSing a Grimrot from someone completely unconnected - lame shit)

On HGs... it sucks but that's a shitty camp with people constantly doing shitty things to others... but yea, Kizz (no U) is a bit of a hot head at times. Good guy overall, but definitely gets a mean streak once wronged - that you probably accidentally stepped into with how shitty people treat each other over HGs.

Crone

I need a way to be able to heal people from my phone. Setup my cleric in a group somewhere, and just be like most clerics that don't talk, and face a wall, but keep everyone healed. Lol. I could have the group window up on my phone app, and just click a name whenever a heal needs to go out. Single, double, or triple tap on my phone will determine what heal spell was cast? Sounds legit. Let's make it happen so I can heal groups while hanging with the family at the same time! lol...

Titan_sl

shitlord
I need a way to be able to heal people from my phone. Setup my cleric in a group somewhere, and just be like most clerics that don't talk, and face a wall, but keep everyone healed. Lol. I could have the group window up on my phone app, and just click a name whenever a heal needs to go out. Single, double, or triple tap on my phone will determine what heal spell was cast? Sounds legit. Let's make it happen so I can heal groups while hanging with the family at the same time! lol...
Get a Microsoft phone, and you can! Know a few people that play from Surfaces. Can't be too hard to port it.

Crone

Get a Microsoft phone, and you can! Know a few people that play from Surfaces. Can't be too hard to port it.
Haha, I suppose it wouldn't be too hard. Crazy! Of course everything about traveling, and interacting would be more of a pain, but I keep thinking how whack-a-mole early EQ group healing is, and how easy it would be if I could do it through a mobile device. Binding certain heals to different mouse clicks was/is a huge thing in WoW. I healed that way in WoW for years, so it kind of reminds me of that.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Vyray or me (Vaclav) are the only two that were close - definitely wasn't me (unless it was during the time we were trained a bunch of times already - and there was only one return train before I calmed the puller the heck down)... and as for Vyray, I'd find it hard to believe - he tends to be super chill, but I'll talk to him about it when he's on to at least get his side assuming it's him. [Monk I presume, right?]
Ya Vyray was in the group. It's not a big deal it's part of the game anymore. I have my group bound at FGs so I was clearing as they were meeting at FGs. Maybe they thought I was leaping them but they had like two people sitting at fg when I was pulling. I expect drama at FGs every time

Vaclav

Ya Vyray was in the group. It's not a big deal it's part of the game anymore. I have my group bound at FGs so I was clearing as they were meeting at FGs. Maybe they thought I was leaping them but they had like two people sitting at fg when I was pulling. I expect drama at FGs every time
It's minor drama usually (besides one really shitty case with an old friend) - but yea, around 30-40% of my FG runs have had some form of drama involved. Be it train, leapfrog or whatever. Still curious of Vyray's take though, 90% sure you're right and he probably missed seeing y'all and thought you were leapfrogging and tried to pull past you or something not realizing they're super proxi. (I think it's his first time playing a puller? First since I've known him at least, was Paladin previously)

I could definitely see him trying to compete for stuff legit, training just doesn't seem something that fits his personality.

(I can definitely list a few people that are hotheads/legitimately would train folks people - but they're in a drastic minority... i.e. talking to Kizz over the RM stuff he gladly admits it, at the same time though admitting he does it w/ a 6 sec nuke that people should be able to pull the HG away from his nuke if they wanted to... shitty, as all HG behavior tends to be... but at least gives humans a reasonable method of fighting back against him. He claims he started doing it to deal with people doing autofire macros to farm there)

But seriously, if you end up having problems with any IVAS - try to take it up with the person - MOST are reasonable, and for the few unreasonable ones try to bring it up to Krimz - he does actually give a shit about how we're perceived for the most part. (Barring people that have been raging assholes to us already - those get no sympathy)

Crone

Anyone know the IP address for Phinny server? I'm having a lot of issues lately where I'll have 400-600ms latency while playing, but only in dungeons it seems. Or could be that's just where I notice it. Wanted tracert to see where the problem might be, but can't seem to find anything on it. With DDoS such a problem these days, I can understand not making it super easy to find, but anyone happen to know it? Thanks.

Vaclav

Anyone know the IP address for Phinny server? I'm having a lot of issues lately where I'll have 400-600ms latency while playing, but only in dungeons it seems. Or could be that's just where I notice it. Wanted tracert to see where the problem might be, but can't seem to find anything on it. With DDoS such a problem these days, I can understand not making it super easy to find, but anyone happen to know it? Thanks.
Dunno, I had weirdness like that (on all 3 machines at once - but not usually the rest of my group) in various zones first week or so of the server - so it isn't just you. (In my case it was overland zones - was all examples that had a bunch of /pick's at the time however - like dungeons do now though, guessing you were in zones with lots of /pick's when it happened?)

lost

<Bronze Donator>
It's minor drama usually (besides one really shitty case with an old friend) - but yea, around 30-40% of my FG runs have had some form of drama involved. Be it train, leapfrog or whatever. Still curious of Vyray's take though, 90% sure you're right and he probably missed seeing y'all and thought you were leapfrogging and tried to pull past you or something not realizing they're super proxi. (I think it's his first time playing a puller? First since I've known him at least, was Paladin previously)

I could definitely see him trying to compete for stuff legit, training just doesn't seem something that fits his personality.

(I can definitely list a few people that are hotheads/legitimately would train folks people - but they're in a drastic minority... i.e. talking to Kizz over the RM stuff he gladly admits it, at the same time though admitting he does it w/ a 6 sec nuke that people should be able to pull the HG away from his nuke if they wanted to... shitty, as all HG behavior tends to be... but at least gives humans a reasonable method of fighting back against him. He claims he started doing it to deal with people doing autofire macros to farm there)

But seriously, if you end up having problems with any IVAS - try to take it up with the person - MOST are reasonable, and for the few unreasonable ones try to bring it up to Krimz - he does actually give a shit about how we're perceived for the most part. (Barring people that have been raging assholes to us already - those get no sympathy)
Oh no he didnt train me, I trained them, lol. I pulled those first two FG at the first gate with the roamer FG charmed as a tank, then they showed up 10 seconds behind me, charmed one of the two fg i pulled and then pulled tranix right after while I was still working on my trash pull. Shit pissed me off, not like I wanted to kill trash FG I was there for tranix/skarlon, so I bombed them lol then went on to kill magus.

IMO, if you leapfrog someone theres nothing to talk about. <3 I appreciate it though, most people see me 6 boxing and want to slit my throat anyway so I deal with it.

Crone

Dunno, I had weirdness like that (on all 3 machines at once - but not usually the rest of my group) in various zones first week or so of the server - so it isn't just you. (In my case it was overland zones - was all examples that had a bunch of /pick's at the time however - like dungeons do now though, guessing you were in zones with lots of /pick's when it happened?)
Yep, seems to be, but I was just in Neriak Commons and it was still doing it there too, according to the in game latency meter.
frown.png

Vaclav

Oh no he didnt train me, I trained them, lol. I pulled those first two FG at the first gate with the roamer FG charmed as a tank, then they showed up 10 seconds behind me, charmed one of the two fg i pulled and then pulled tranix right after while I was still working on my trash pull. Shit pissed me off, not like I wanted to kill trash FG I was there for tranix/skarlon, so I bombed them lol then went on to kill magus.

IMO, if you leapfrog someone theres nothing to talk about. <3 I appreciate it though, most people see me 6 boxing and want to slit my throat anyway so I deal with it.
Ah - completely matches with his story then really once I chatted with him. They thought you were leapfrogging though - but yea, said you parted ways after without much fuss - you took one pick they took another and it was all good. Heh.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I'm sure it's proxied and NATed and what not. Best you could probably do is trace the login server - you should be able to find that info in one of the ini files.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
So theres this guy that boxes about 6 or more chars in "rainbow pony parade" at efreeti, he likes to tell people that he got trained and you took his camp, then he trains you. He also tells people that you are a multi pick farmer lol. Had him train me 3 hours straight on friday, seen him at efreeti everyday since.

So today I log in and hes camping two efreetis hopping back and forth. His char names are catherine/gloria/sunboy/sungirl/angels and a few others. Phinigel's premier asian efreeti farmer, its possible might be two people but every interaction with each they all have very broken english and are always on at the same time/swapping between camps.

Crone

So theres this guy that boxes about 6 or more chars in "rainbow pony parade" at efreeti, he likes to tell people that he got trained and you took his camp, then he trains you. He also tells people that you are a multi pick farmer lol. Had him train me 3 hours straight on friday, seen him at efreeti everyday since.

So today I log in and hes camping two efreetis hopping back and forth. His char names are catherine/gloria/sunboy/sungirl/angels and a few others. Phinigel's premier asian efreeti farmer, its possible might be two people but every interaction with each they all have very broken english and are always on at the same time/swapping between camps.
I've been in a group with Gloria as the healer. If I remember correctly, they weren't very good. A lot of close calls and a couple deaths because heals just weren't coming.