Everquest - Phinigel server

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Can bards not swarm kite with charm? Or if not that do the huge circles with DoT song like people did on p99?

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Can bards not swarm kite with charm? Or if not that do the huge circles with DoT song like people did on p99?
I believe Charm kiting still works (although I don't know if it's as good as it used to be). AoE kiting like on P99 does not work on live servers.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Not really sure about effective soloing, especially with these XP rates. We had a lot of bards disappear because they felt the class is stale in classic which is a shame. They are very important to raids from classic onwards so you'd never have a problem finding a guild.
I'm tempted to make a Bard on Phinny once I get my Necro leveled. Been leveling one on Lockjaw and loving it (although still not great at it). Did the Bards in the guild main change, or just quit?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm tempted to make a Bard on Phinny once I get my Necro leveled. Been leveling one on Lockjaw and loving it (although still not great at it). Did the Bards in the guild main change, or just quit?
A couple quit only. Overall this server has had hardly any attrition which is good and bad, really surprising though.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
~3 months per expac and the server started in mid december, so yeah. pretty easy to figure out... we'll be in PoP by next winter.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've been completely floored at the lack of attrition. It's really almost trivial compared to prior TLP.
I'm surprised people are surprised by it myself - top end was always where the largest bleed was in the past, largely because of the drama over content.

Crone

Probably has to do with a lot of things, and not just 1 thing.

Lack of drama over content is for sure one. You end up more vested in your guild when you are working on content together, and the content is fun, rather than just a zerg fest.

I'm sure no boxing has a bit to do with it as well. Boxing burns me out much faster than just playing a couple toons. Right now I have a few toons, but rarely box any of them. Lots of times will log them all in, go LFG, and just play the 1 that gets a group first!

Vaclav

Lack of drama over content is for sure one. You end up more vested in your guild when you are working on content together, and the content is fun, rather than just a zerg fest.

I'm sure no boxing has a bit to do with it as well. Boxing burns me out much faster than just playing a couple toons. Right now I have a few toons, but rarely box any of them. Lots of times will log them all in, go LFG, and just play the 1 that gets a group first!
Oh don't get me wrong there's other bleeds too - just the biggest one was always the bleed at the top. Which this nipped in the bud.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

I agree with the boxing thing, I am glad this server is like P99 almost with limited boxing. A lot of the people I asked last night what the difference was that made them so much more vested in this TLP versus RF and the most common reply was the no boxing. Another reason people said they quit last time was poor class choice with the TLPs being so different mechanically than other servers including p99.

Dalnoth_sl

shitlord
Bards are legit the shit. I main switched to one and am wondering how I actually played a rogue for 10 years on live. Prolly make a ranger or rogue to box with it come Velious, raiding is a little stale without boxing but its the price you pay for being a god.
cool.png
People are fotm enchin for charm cheese but you can't fuck with what bards bring to the table from now until ever.

Rathmort_sl

shitlord
With LJ now being pretty much dead, the impossibility of getting into VP without joining FI and the fact that Phinny will be getting Velious at pretty much exactly the same time as LJ, seems pretty pointless to stay on LJ

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Bards are legit the shit. I main switched to one and am wondering how I actually played a rogue for 10 years on live. Prolly make a ranger or rogue to box with it come Velious, raiding is a little stale without boxing but its the price you pay for being a god.
cool.png
People are fotm enchin for charm cheese but you can't fuck with what bards bring to the table from now until ever.
Hey now, rogues are fun!

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
With LJ now being pretty much dead, the impossibility of getting into VP without joining FI and the fact that Phinny will be getting Velious at pretty much exactly the same time as LJ, seems pretty pointless to stay on LJ
Yeah, it's pretty depressing how dead LJ has become.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Well, Norrathians, it has been quite a month, both in and out of game, and we honor your steadfast commitment to your adventures. To end the month strong, this weekend will be a Double Experience Weekend for all players!

From 12:00PM PST (Noon) on Friday, January 29, 2016 through 12:00PM PST (Noon) on Monday, February 1, 2016, all servers (yes, including Ragefire, Lockjaw, and Phinigel) will have double experience!

Take some time and end January stronger than ever! We'll see you in Norrath.