Everquest - Phinigel server

Sterling

El Presidente
I actually enjoyed the fact people had to pay attention and not auto attack and AFK. They should think about changing all the MoMs that are set to level 3 and update them to 1.
If it stays exactly how it is, there's going to be some guilds that will struggle with it.

Bruman

Golden Squire
My guild is still just getting its feet wet with Phinny. Is MotM kinda reverse numbered, so that 1 is the toughest, and higher numbers get easier?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
My guild is still just getting its feet wet with Phinny. Is MotM kinda reverse numbered, so that 1 is the toughest, and higher numbers get easier?
Yessir basically, the current content has 3 and classic had MoTM1. You really shouldn't see MoTM1 on anything in Velious. Its stronger because mobs in classic have such low hps and hit very weak.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Ya it is just the number of the xpac, so 1 is classic since those mobs needed the biggest buff, then it gets a bit less each xpac cause less is needed to get the mob tuned right. So you slap motm1 on a velious boss and it wrecks shit cause that buff was meant for a shit 32k hp boss not a much beefier velious boss.

Sterling

El Presidente
Ya it is just the number of the xpac, so 1 is classic since those mobs needed the biggest buff, then it gets a bit less each xpac cause less is needed to get the mob tuned right. So you slap motm1 on a velious boss and it wrecks shit cause that buff was meant for a shit 32k hp boss not a much beefier velious boss.
Cazic is pure loot pinata though with motm3, he was actually interesting with motm1.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Maaan i log in once in awhile feeling like "shit... it's time to get from 52-53 at least!". Then i just log out because it's too much thought to find an exp spot.

#EnchanterStruggles

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Maaan i log in once in awhile feeling like "shit... it's time to get from 52-53 at least!". Then i just log out because it's too much thought to find an exp spot.

#EnchanterStruggles
Lol, damn, must be hard getting tells for groups when you're anon and not lfg.

Also, they need to remove MOTM on the old (classic / kunark) shit so that old epics don't take a goddamn raid night to go do. Getting a bard epic now that no one kills trak is just a mess.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I know group xp is the best but I see enchanters charming froggy all the time in seb then they roam around solo clearing chef/disco whatever. Lot of them stack the store potions but some just use bedlam/rune/ac etc

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Also, they need to remove MOTM on the old (classic / kunark) shit so that old epics don't take a goddamn raid night to go do. Getting a bard epic now that no one kills trak is just a mess.
Bard Epic Trak (undead bard spawned) doesn't have MoTM on it. At least, it never did on Ragefire. Takes a couple groups tops.

*edit* guessing you mean real Trak in the way all the time. Yea, we stacked craploads of Dragongut Strings in bank and didn't deal with it.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bard Epic Trak (undead bard spawned) doesn't have MoTM on it. At least, it never did on Ragefire. Takes a couple groups tops.

*edit* guessing you mean real Trak in the way all the time. Yea, we stacked craploads of Dragongut Strings in bank and didn't deal with it.
Yeah, spawned trak is like a 4 man joke. But he kills UDB every time he spawns. There's lots of shit like this for the older epics that are simply an enormous pain because of the buffed mobs.

Needless

Toe Sucker

I don't even get that far, i login to EC; contemplate if i want to type /lfg, decide it's too much effort. alt tab and forget i'm logged in for an hour then /q when i remember.

I should have leveled a bard, bards are way cooler
frown.png

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yea, we stacked craploads of Dragongut Strings in bank and didn't deal with it.
You should part with some of those bastards for a random bard who you don't know and has absolutely no connection to you or your guild. Yes, that is a fantastic plan!!!!!

I am trying to coordinate my guild to kill trak when I have a day off work so I can sit there and camp that stupid UDB, but I have no doubt it will pop at some random time when most of the guild is offline and it won't happen anyway.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You should part with some of those bastards for a random bard who you don't know and has absolutely no connection to you or your guild. Yes, that is a fantastic plan!!!!!

I am trying to coordinate my guild to kill trak when I have a day off work so I can sit there and camp that stupid UDB, but I have no doubt it will pop at some random time when most of the guild is offline and it won't happen anyway.
UDB seems to be a pain point for a lot of bards at the moment. I know we have 3 that have been looking and commenting on how some guilds are poopsocking it even on Phinny.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Yeah, I'm not too thrilled with my prospects of getting my epic as a fellow bard. I have everything else done, and the lute body ready to turn in, heh. We'll probably poopsock (ugh) some UDB once we get strong enough to take on open world Trak.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I'm sure they'll do something, they always do once the forums fill up with it and I mean it is pretty silly cause trak is always up now.