Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
Cupie12 Cupie12
it looks fishy that is all, the rotating. Also there was no spin, usually there is a small spin when KA readjust the new target, and then runs forward. There is also a small delay in the script. I didnt see anything on that.

The engaging the mob right after that is well what every human would have done.

I never met a Dps class who sat there after a kill, you just tab/cycle and move.

Also if using mq2melle is the worse they did, then that is even less impact-full than using Maps.

ps: give a link to the full video.

i can understand that, but imagine using kissassist/mq2melee to automate a bunch of melee dps, or afk farm aa's. its a slippery slope for sure

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is why you should never vaccinate your kids, everyone.

I've volunteered with autistic kids. I suspect a good portion of the tlp ballers are on the spectrum. Mabbu doesn't strike me as autistic, quite the opposite, he just seems spoiled and antisocial. Autists do shit like farm a shit camp for 14 hours and then wake up to do it again, mabbu apparently couldn't? Autists in my experience either spill immediately with no filter or bottle up until uncontrollable, mabbu is a drama whore and a calculating snake.

Please don't insult the fine and upstanding autistic eqers by associating them with mabbu.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
watch whole video. also half of your raids dps turned off a little into the video when i first uninvis'd. then it got pumped back up and you can see the mq2. ill post the whole 10 min video here.

I am confused what does no swing animations mean if you come uninvis? And in that video the only person I see stopping(no animation, no way to tell if attack was suddenly turned off) that was in range was loker(and I dunno if he wsa targetting you or not when you came out). Ansel and the warrior were both out of range it looked, though the warrior did swing and kick and something elese which pushed the mob way after you came out of invis. Danxor was attacking entire time as was I. But suddenly that is 90% of the melee are using a bot? What crack are you on? SHould I say 90% of your guild is using warp softare because gris and a few officers are doing it? No because that would be dumb.

Again I think you are seeing things you want to see, I dunno, the only odd thing in that video to meet is the stagger straffing to behind, whether that is some bot or part of recrording I don't know, I am not familiar with either to have that knowledge.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Like 99% of Faceless had a ton of fun racing and are stoked to run again in PoP.

Server is great fun so far.

GG's on AHR.

Korrupt Korrupt I actually made it to max this time. In as Panzer.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
i can understand that, but imagine using kissassist/mq2melee to automate a bunch of melee dps, or afk farm aa's. its a slippery slope for sure
Have you ever used MQ2Melee/KissAssist?

It most definitely does not look like what Danxor is doing.

Not defending anyone, just stating that in all my time using MQ2 on Emulator, I've ran 40mans on PEQ with KA/Mq2melee, my chars always run through to get to the back, even configured correctly and set to no-tank mode. Danxor tanks a few of them, KA would feign it and then pop up and do a run through. Looks like typical strafe behind.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Silinius_LJ

Bronze Knight of the Realm
warping is literally a feature of mq2 which your melee have. anyone with eyes can see 90% of your melee instantly move directly to the back of a mob any time its turned

God Cupie, you are cute. MQ2 isn't even supposed to be used on Truebox-TLPs. EQMule implemented code in MQ2 Base under an agreement with DBG that he wouldn't allow a version to be used on Truebox TLPs. That's why, if you load up a legit version of MQ2 from Redguides, MMOBugs or one of the other limited sources, it will crash your game when you try to go into a Truebox server. DBG implemented detection for it. Now that said, if someone were to say... dissect and recompile MQ2, they could make essentially a new program based upon MQ2 Base which bypasses those stop gap measures.

There are other programs that allow you to warp, far-taunt etc... that are NOT MQ2.

If any of our Melee have a working version of MQ2, I'd love to get a copy... because I'd give it to EQMule immediately and let him figure out other ways of disabling the ability to use it on Truebox. There's a reason it was disabled initially. I fully agree that it has no place on Truebox TLP just as I agree with a_skeleton_03 that warping doesn't belong in the game. I wouldn't be nearly as salty with Grisvok if I didn't actually watch him warp between Comms and his camp in Ssra on Grisvok the character and experience the shitbaggery of level 1 trains in Velks and Lower Guk while level and Ssra during our HP kill. I didn't role up level 1s, pay someone $$ for a program to fuck with your teams during leveling or while you were trying to raid.

Outside of that, your execution as a guild was solid. I commend the guild as a whole on the strategy. You guys played the Open World VT / Instance VT card out well. The initial race was fun but I'd like to get back to playing EQ without the shitty tactics.

• 1Solidarity

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Amtrak officer here, never RMT'ed. TYVM.

Amtrak idiot here, who is so sad and serious about EQ they joined the rival guild to sabotage a static but only made it to level 9 before giving up(coincidentally right after a level 1 cleric DA trained us and after just deciding to wait until UR to pop a 50% group pot from someone other then Esai).
But good acting :
W3UrDLa.png

"This is a video game.. Fuck all that rofl".

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
EQ drama is the best.
I haven't played the game in 14 years but I'm just happy to be reading this thread.
Best entertainment in a long while, brings me back to the old IGN & Ezboard server forums.

The most amazing thing about Everquest beyond everything else is that despite all it's warts, there still has never been any other game (no matter the genre) that generates the type of drama/backstabbing/general bullshit that EQ does. It really is one of those things that you probably will never be able to replicate again.

• 1Solidarity

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Amtrak idiot here, who is so sad and serious about EQ they joined the rival guild to sabotage a static but only made it to level 9 before giving up(coincidentally right after a level 1 cleric DA trained us and after just deciding to wait until UR to pop a 50% group pot from someone other then Esai).
But good acting :
W3UrDLa.png
E Esai ..
shots fired

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Every TLP I see some video of a dude skipping around the screen from latency and it being called warping or running straight to the back of a mob (like melee should) and it being called /stick. Have you guys run MQ2 or used warp? I'm sure a lot have done the former, the latter is a little harder to come by though I'm sure you guys know people. There is 100% no mistaking when someone /sticks or uses a warp.

• 1Like

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
God Cupie, you are cute. MQ2 isn't even supposed to be used on Truebox-TLPs. EQMule implemented code in MQ2 Base under an agreement with DBG that he wouldn't allow a version to be used on Truebox TLPs. That's why, if you load up a legit version of MQ2 from Redguides, MMOBugs or one of the other limited sources, it will crash your game when you try to go into a Truebox server. DBG implemented detection for it. Now that said, if someone were to say... dissect and recompile MQ2, they could make essentially a new program based upon MQ2 Base which bypasses those stop gap measures.

There are other programs that allow you to warp, far-taunt etc... that are NOT MQ2.

If any of our Melee have a working version of MQ2, I'd love to get a copy... because I'd give it to EQMule immediately and let him figure out other ways of disabling the ability to use it on Truebox. There's a reason it was disabled initially. I fully agree that it has no place on Truebox TLP just as I agree with a_skeleton_03 that warping doesn't belong in the game. I wouldn't be nearly as salty with Grisvok if I didn't actually watch him warp between Comms and his camp in Ssra on Grisvok the character and experience the shitbaggery of level 1 trains in Velks and Lower Guk while level and Ssra during our HP kill. I didn't role up level 1s, pay someone $$ for a program to fuck with your teams during leveling or while you were trying to raid.

Outside of that, your execution as a guild was solid. I commend the guild as a whole on the strategy. You guys played the Open World VT / Instance VT card out well. The initial race was fun but I'd like to get back to playing EQ without the shitty tactics.

If im mistaken about MQ2 then I apologize, as i said ive never once used it. Maybe they are using the bot that abyss dude is using or something but it definitely looks sketchy when melee all move at the same exact time in almost the same exact way. Also hi Sil hope you dont hate me because I have no ill will towards you at all <3

• 1Like

Silinius_LJ

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If im mistaken about MQ2 then I apologize, as i said ive never once used it. Maybe they are using the bot that abyss dude is using or something but it definitely looks sketchy when melee all move at the same exact time in almost the same exact way. Also hi Sil hope you dont hate me because I have no ill will towards you at all <3

I wasn't in FG for that farm but from what I can see of the video, I don't see anything sketchy at all. It looks like strafing to me. Looking at the names there, those are all main melee characters names so that pretty much kills the idea that someone is boxing them. To have that many people all using a hacked version of MQ KISSASSIST that isn't readily available is HIGHLY unlikely. I'm sure if you have spies in our guild as your discord chat claims, they'd see links to said programs if we had all of our melee using it lol

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
I wasn't in FG for that farm but from what I can see of the video, I don't see anything sketchy at all. It looks like strafing to me. Looking at the names there, those are all main melee characters names so that pretty much kills the idea that someone is boxing them. To have that many people all using a hacked version of MQ KISSASSIST that isn't readily available is HIGHLY unlikely. I'm sure if you have spies in our guild as your discord chat claims, they'd see links to said programs if we had all of our melee using it lol

hey im not above admitting when im wrong, it just looks sketchy to me is all. shoot me a tell on victory sometime i miss talkin to u :(

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
im a prolific uses of mq2 /KA and those videos are at best inconclusive.

When using KA there is a small lag when mob a dies and the script goes back into puller/assist mode. Also when KA is computing the next mob, it rotates the character without moving him. Like turn then run, think of it as rotating first then running.

No human player does this, since they start running first and adjust the direction on the fly, while running.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider

If you think MQ2 isnt on TLP servers you are very sadly mistaken. It has been on every TLP server and will always be. Just takes a half hearted attempt at programming or whatever to circumvent the stuff eqmule put in.