Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Doing two servers was a fucking terrible idea. If they can make a decent single server then people would actually play and stick around. A non-pop locked agnarr modified server sounds about right.

Yeah it was. Unfortunately the population seems split. Some still want to start in classic for the 100th time and they never go beyond PoP, while others finally want to see what lies beyond PoP.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well Amtrak getting ahr and beating FE at eq makes the ice t thing seem less cool. Seems like fe got dunked on by true MJ's of eq. I genuinely had my money on FE. Had me fooled.

Nah they had a solid plan and EVERYTHING ws focused on that plan, all keys set to ceratin people, all gear to certain people, everything funneled to get that kill. It takes serious orginization and jumping into things like AoW and Emp with the gear people had was nuts. I would say TvK too but supposedly that can be skipped somehow.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it was. Unfortunately the population seems split. Some still want to start in classic for the 100th time and they never go beyond PoP, while others finally want to see what lies beyond PoP.
Ya I mean I just don't get it. Who comes up with these ideas. It's like they want to win/win but they need to realize they can't make everyone happy. Their target demographic should be (if economically viable) to Target the crowd that keeps showing up and do that by seeing what they value in a server. I thought agnarr was a blast and a huge hit. I mean it wasn't perfect but xp rate was on point.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Nah they had a solid plan and EVERYTHING ws focused on that plan, all keys set to ceratin people, all gear to certain people, everything funneled to get that kill. It takes serious orginization and jumping into things like AoW and Emp with the gear people had was nuts. I would say TvK too but supposedly that can be skipped somehow.
Ya thats dedication to sacrifice for others. Don't think I care enough anymore to farm shit for guildies so they can be in the select 24 for world first. To me I just don't think it's worth my time.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Agnarr was fun, the PoP lock though had to spell its doom. You can only gear/AA so much then what? Make alts? Not many willing to stick around to do that forever.

Honestly exp should just be live at this point. People are still going to buy pots just not as many. And DBG has shown they are not all that busisness savy, taking things away from the store just because "out of era" but don't really impact the game all that much, quite literally throwing money away.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya thats dedication to sacrifice for others. Don't think I care enough anymore to farm shit for guildies so they can be in the select 24 for world first. To me I just don't think it's worth my time.

You find less and less willing to as time goes by. Racing shit is just dumb for the most part, especially when its people comparing times between servers, since they are all so different and thus that effects times. Even more so for such a old game with everything known and cheats galore.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Agnarr was fun, the PoP lock though had to spell its doom. You can only gear/AA so much then what? Make alts? Not many willing to stick around to do that forever.

Honestly exp should just be live at this point. People are still going to buy pots just not as many. And DBG has shown they are not all that busisness savy, taking things away from the store just because "out of era" but don't really impact the game all that much, quite literally throwing money away.
Ya, the ever looming end of that server at PoP never left the noggin. Would love to actually be on a server that goes through all expansions. Ya you seem spot on, imagine, whoever is making the calls on the business model seems to be disconnected.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
You find less and less willing to as time goes by. Racing shit is just dumb for the most part, especially when its people comparing times between servers, since they are all so different and thus that effects times. Even more so for such a old game with everything known and cheats galore.
"Everything known" is my problem. If this same shit went down and everything wasn't known I'd be on board. Guild contest on unknown content is a real proving ground.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"Everything known" is my problem. If this same shit went down and everything wasn't known I'd be on board. Guild contest on unknown content is a real proving ground.

Why i want to try and see beyond DoDh, will be all new to me at least. Just have to pray server can last that long.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Not unreasonable to feel that way, it's certainly not for everyone. Definitely a team effort, it's not easy getting 30 odd VT keys done in that kind of timeframe.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Why i want to try and see beyond DoDh, will be all new to me at least. Just have to pray server can last that long.
DoDH is pretty good, there's plenty to do outside of raids which is pretty nice, Demiplane has a couple of real shitty events, but a lot of them are pretty cool. PoR after it is real shitty though.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I quit in oow. If we could get FE/Amtrak momentum to go past oow I would get my jollies off and play 24/7. Seriously how many people have experienced that content? Maybe daybreak should think about that.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
DoDH is pretty good, there's plenty to do outside of raids which is pretty nice, Demiplane has a couple of real shitty events, but a lot of them are pretty cool. PoR after it is real shitty though.
Yes but I want to find out that it's shitty for myself!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Yeah i've done dodh, it was a blast and I have touched a toe in PoR. I really want to see after that. Problem will be both server and guilds lasting that long.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I quit in oow. If we could get FE/Amtrak momentum to go past oow I would get my jollies off and play 24/7. Seriously how many people have experienced that content? Maybe daybreak should think about that.

I hope. If its just amtrak, I will wait for mangler to hit velious or just quit until further. I refuse to both do classic/kunark again or to be in a guild with gris's in any kind of leadership(goes for mabbu too).

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah i've done dodh, it was a blast and I have touched a toe in PoR. I really want to see after that. Problem will be both server and guilds lasting that long.
Between burnout, split population and WoW Classic this might be a huge problem for sure

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Would be cool if server could somehow start there versus classic. Would give lots of people a whole new experience for eq.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Honestly if agnarr hadn't been PoP locked I think it would have kept going. I know I'd prob have come back in PoP had that been the case

Sterling

El Presidente
Honestly if agnarr hadn't been PoP locked I think it would have kept going. I know I'd prob have come back in PoP had that been the case
I mean Phinny is about to hit Underfoot and it's going just fine. SO probably would have. PoP lock is another real dumb idea.

• 1Like