Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sterling

El Presidente
So I saw Zaide Zaide mentioned Clerics, Shaman, or one other class that's pretty hot for PoR, but wasn't sure why? So what happens in POR? Any other classes getting pretty big boosts?
I'd imagine it's more just what his guild is shortest on, not really being specific to PoR.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sorry about that. You should def come place a Beastlord w/ us though.
Was between BST or Berserker, and I chose Berserker. I'm sorry, but non-stop buffing other melee in raids isn't my jam. :(

Zaide

TLP Idealist
EQ000154.jpg

Good times in Prophecy of Ro so far.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
PoR done. TSS drops on December 4th, at which point we'll unlock level 75 and our exp rate will be faster than live.

AOR2.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Buddy of mine playin on Selo got his lifetime sub banned this past week. Wouldn't surprise me if DBG went after those accounts harder than normal.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Heard of a number of bans for Vms this week, two of which I can confirm. Did your friend use a VM?

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mmmm don't think so. He doesn't even box. My dollar is on account sharing, but he swears that isn't it.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Mmmm don't think so. He doesn't even box. My dollar is on account sharing, but he swears that isn't it.
He probably reported one of the non-stop botters that is friends with someone at DBG. I mean, they sure do make it seem like the botters are protected, and anybody against them are the bad guys. It's hard to not think some of the blatant botters are on the inside. /TinHatFirmlyOnMaHead!

Toalin

Trakanon Raider
So currently looks like, its suspensions for having any sort of VM ware package installed on your pc/laptop. Doesn't have to run or load eq, just has to be installed or any of the background processes running.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

I'm not sure I buy that. People lie about this shit all the time. This feels like some banned people trying to sow doubt. Or they're account sharers. There are other factors at play and/or DBG incompetence. I personally know people who had a VM box get banned but not the main account. Why wouldn't both get banned if just being installed is enough? And if they can tell who is the account in the VM, it's clearly somewhat sophisticated so they wouldn't need to do blanket bans for VM tools.

I have VM tools on my computer, btw, and no ban. Also, vms aren't illegal for live, right? So how could they differentiate?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
If that's the case, it would be the stupidest way possible to deal with the botters running rampant on the game. To me, it sounds like bullshit.

When you get right down to it, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell who is botting in the game. They're online 24 hours a day every day at the same camps none stop. Their puller takes the same paths over and over, and their DPS resets to their "waiting position" after every pull.

There is NO WAY that someone at DBG can't tell who is cheating. NO WAY.

When you factor in that people get suspended for griefing these cheaters, threatened and/or suspended for naming them on the forums, the cheaters never end up suspended/banned (because THEY'RE ALWAYS THERE), AND the cheaters taunt their accusers on the forums (with no reprisal for doing so), there really is no way to NOT think that DBG employees are involved in the cheating some how.

I know it's tinfoil hat at it's best, but what other logical explanation is there for seemingly protecting the cheaters and punishing the legit players?

Somebody's getting paid somewhere. Kickbacks from the cheat software or something.

DickTrickle

The problem is the devs never check for cheating and the GMs are not empowered to do more than sending tells. It's just dumb.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I haven't been playing but I loaded up 8 accounts on isboxer on live since they don't need active subs. None of mine were hit.

On truebox servers I run all my toons through multiplicity and stream my boxes to my main monitors so at least that 3rd party program isn't tripping any cheater alarms.

DickTrickle

Pretty sure hitting people from multiplicity would have a tremendous impact. Most people don't use it in a bad way but I know you can coordinate actions with it and that's not something DBG likes.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I never went crazy and would just box one, and Steam streaming always worked out fine for me. Just had to Alt-Tab between the 2.

xeg_is

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's true. I've been running multiple VMs for work for 2+ years and I got hit with a 7 day suspension on Tuesday. I've never run EQ on a VM. When I do box, which is maybe once per week now, I use my old ass laptop w/ multiplicity.