Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

cq_michah

Silver Squire
yep, AAAA components are usually the ticket to making money at this stage of the game. clockwork gnome bolts, off creep reapers, in corathus creep. those are usually great for bringing in cash since they're fairly rare - and if you're in the grindy stage of leveling, you'll have more patience for farming them then most 70's. If there's one thing that's for sure on selo's, it's that no one wants to farm, so folks that do can make some quick bank on TS mats.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Level places with better money like Acrylia Caverns. You don't need to do ldon for gear; the stuff from points can take dozens of low level missions' worth of points. Better off just grinding somewhere with cash and buying attuneable stuff. If you're just in your duo, consider hopping over to corathus creep and blasting anything that has quad a bottleneck drops; those should be around level 50.
I know what Corathus Creep is, but what is "quad a bottleneck drops"?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I know what Corathus Creep is, but what is "quad a bottleneck drops"?

Quad A, or AAAA, is an item for making crafted last blood (etc) armor. It takes heavy tradeskilling plus farming of shit that, aside from the literal last blood, is an inconvenience for 70s raiders to get. So there's a market for some of the parts.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
So, those mobs you kill in Corathus Creep, does that lower your faction with the quest givers, bankers, etc in that zone, or can you kill them and still be fine for everything?

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
On a side note, I got tired of not having money on my SK, so I loaded up my old 60 wizard on the server to do some farming. Before I knew it, I was in a group in Splitpaw (didn't even realize that it is a high level dungeon at this point until someone told me), and I was level 70 on him in a day. I made good plat during that time, but then I spent every last plat of it buying spells for my wizard, and I still am missing shit tons of spells on him.

I think I have decided to just go back to my wizard as my main on Selos, and keep my SK as my alt. I love playing tanks, but I am fine playing my tank as an alt on off nights. My wizard was stripped naked from when I quit Everquest the last time, so he's literally wearing a robe, arms, gloves, and an item in his primary hand... and that's it right now LOL. It'll be easy to gear him up in some groups I am sure.

Still a lot of good people on Selos from what I saw. A monk named Hawt (think that was the name) pretty much power leveled me from 60-66 for free because he was soloing Splitpaw and saw me talking in general chat. Then a couple Faceless guys got me from 66 to 67 before calling it a night. The next day I got in a group with some people from Rusty Short Sword in Splitpaw to get those last few levels to 70. All in all, I haven't ran in to any assholes since coming back to Selos and Everquest. Everybody has been helpful.

What's the raid guild scene like these days on the server? Not looking for mandatory raiding, and not interested in high stress "you all suck! get your shit in order!" raid leadership. I just want to chill, make friends, raid on a schedule, and have some fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
<--- Need/Want/Xeoo/Sorrows/Torky/Xoom

You got a little free powerleveling on the last day my accounts were active. =)

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Where do you get the Wall of Slaughter portal spells? They show to be level 61-64 spells, so they should not be from turning in muramite runes, but I didn't see them for sale in the PoK library either.

Sterling

El Presidente
Where do you get the Wall of Slaughter portal spells? They show to be level 61-64 spells, so they should not be from turning in muramite runes, but I didn't see them for sale in the PoK library either.
The WoS and Bloodfields port spells are quested.

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I need to do some heavy farming of Omens for spell runes and everything. Anybody want to come join me tonight?

ps. that means anybody want to come tank and heal for me since I am a gimp ass wizard. Well not just me, my brother will be there too, but he will be on his gimp ass mage, so yeah you'll be pulling all the weight for us LOL

deev

Lord Nagafen Raider
NB you can also farm DoDH content for Shadowspine runes - they reward the same spells as Muramite runes

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Over the weekend, I understood why my friends had left the Selos server recently. It's sadly fairly dead when it comes to people grouping outside of raids. Don't get me wrong, there are some great people on the server that will go out of their way to help you out, but there's just not many people playing on Selos right now other than to log in for raids and then log out.

I'm kind of torn here. On one hand, I love the fact that Selos is hitting the expansions that I missed in my raiding days while at the same time has a super fast unlock timer, so those expansions don't drag on for ever. On the other hand, the pick up grouping scene for earning those AAs and completing the missions/tasks in era for each expansion are not there. You pretty much need to have a pre-made group, box your own group, or be able to solo all of the out-of-raid content that you need.

I'm certainly not saying it is a bad thing. I'm sure that the server is perfect for some. The server is fairly quiet, not a lot of trolling that I have seen, and those few people that are actively playing on it are VERY helpful and nice that I have met so far.

I ended up joining CI, and really enjoying raiding with them. I don't want to let them down because I just got in the guild, so I will continue to show up for raid nights, but if the server is still as dead when PoR opens next week, I might have to re-evaluate my time spent on Selos going forward.

**Edit** I just wanted to add that in no way am I posting this in hopes of people going out of their way to help me grouping or getting missions/tasks completed. That's not the intent at all. I am just saying that the average player with no connections on the server would have a very difficult time doing anything outside of raiding on this server the way it is right now. I'm not asking for help or handouts. I am just pointing out the reality of the current state of the server from my perspective.

cq_michah

Silver Squire
Over the weekend, I understood why my friends had left the Selos server recently. It's sadly fairly dead when it comes to people grouping outside of raids. Don't get me wrong, there are some great people on the server that will go out of their way to help you out, but there's just not many people playing on Selos right now other than to log in for raids and then log out.

I'm kind of torn here. On one hand, I love the fact that Selos is hitting the expansions that I missed in my raiding days while at the same time has a super fast unlock timer, so those expansions don't drag on for ever. On the other hand, the pick up grouping scene for earning those AAs and completing the missions/tasks in era for each expansion are not there. You pretty much need to have a pre-made group, box your own group, or be able to solo all of the out-of-raid content that you need.

I'm certainly not saying it is a bad thing. I'm sure that the server is perfect for some. The server is fairly quiet, not a lot of trolling that I have seen, and those few people that are actively playing on it are VERY helpful and nice that I have met so far.

I ended up joining CI, and really enjoying raiding with them. I don't want to let them down because I just got in the guild, so I will continue to show up for raid nights, but if the server is still as dead when PoR opens next week, I might have to re-evaluate my time spent on Selos going forward.

**Edit** I just wanted to add that in no way am I posting this in hopes of people going out of their way to help me grouping or getting missions/tasks completed. That's not the intent at all. I am just saying that the average player with no connections on the server would have a very difficult time doing anything outside of raiding on this server the way it is right now. I'm not asking for help or handouts. I am just pointing out the reality of the current state of the server from my perspective.
You're towards the end of an expansion, a large percentage of people around you are already aa capped and done with group content in the current expansion as a whole. instead of an 8-12 week server, where people disappear for the last 3-4 weeks of an expansion, people on selo just disappear for the second half of a month. it's a fairly similar routine to other tlp's, it's just condensed. additionally the lvl 70 xpacs tend to drag.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Long time no see pals. Finally back and looking forward to doing a real expansion launch from the free world.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pharone Pharone I curse you!!

Reading your recent return to Selos has given me even more push to come back myself. I have a buddy that has a 4-5 box crew already, and I could slip right into it with a number of different classes and be able to get shit done. With WoW Classic, and other single player games, I have no idea why I'm even considering this. Ugh.

Zaide

TLP Idealist

It sounds like you just need to join a guild. I see people LFG, forming group, running tasks and even clearing raid content at all hours but the vast majority of that is confined to guild chat.

Afaik your guild options are Faceless, Rusty, Major, Circulus, Reversion and Modus Gelidus. I still see Honor and Blood around but they are an off peak guild and I am not sure if they have managed to get into Demiplane yet.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In your case I recommend circulus. Very casual, lots of sociable chatty but goofball types. You'll fit in - no offense.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
In your case I recommend circulus. Very casual, lots of sociable chatty but goofball types. You'll fit in - no offense.
Here's the funny thing. I am in Circulus lol. I really like them to be honest. It's just like everyone has already said, we are at the end of the month, so there's not a ton of activity until the next expansion lands next week. I'm planning to give it a good shot when PoR drops to see how things work out. But, yeah. CI is a lot of fun.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I saw Zaide Zaide mentioned Clerics, Shaman, or one other class that's pretty hot for PoR, but wasn't sure why? So what happens in POR? Any other classes getting pretty big boosts?