Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Next month, EverQuest will turn 20 years old. Together, we've shared 20 rich years of magical moments and created countless memories in Norrath.
Of course, we're excited to keep creating this magic with all of you. Beginning on EverQuest's 20th Anniversary, we will have the chance to start together in Norrath once again, on the new Progression Servers Selo and Mangler. These True Box Progression Servers will launch on Saturday, March 16, 2019 for EverQuest's 20th Anniversary!

What is a True Box Progression Server?
An EverQuest Progression Server is a way to experience EverQuest as it grew over time. It begins with access to only the original zones that were available at a specific point in the game’s history, then gradually adds expansions at varying intervals specific to the rules of the server. On a True Box server, each player will only be able to play on one EverQuest account from their computer. We want to encourage players to play with their friends on this server, and not just form groups of only their alts. If people are truly wanting to multi-box, they’ll have to do it the old-fashioned way - with a whole lot of computers!

Selo Progression Server

The Selo Server will be a "fast" or "casual" Progression Server. This means that gaining experience will be much easier, with experience nearly double that of Ragefire or Lockjaw when the server launches. Additionally, instances can be reused more often, rares are more likely to spawn, and faction is earned more quickly.
This server will start during the Shadows of Luclin era, and will unlock new expansions on the first Wednesday of each month, starting with The Planes of Power on May 1, 2019. Once the server catches up to the present era, it will become a Live server.
For more detailed information on Selo, you can read the server FAQ here.

1550003240418.png

EDIT: Unlock dates added 4/10/2019 -Amod

Ngreth posted official dates for every expansion release:

"Correcting my data (It should make the April Patch, though it's not critical until the May patch)

it will look like:
Progression: Selo: PoP Unlocks 5/1/2019
Progression: Selo: LoY Unlocks 5/1/2019
Progression: Selo: LDoN Unlocks 6/5/2019
Progression: Selo: GoD Unlocks 7/3/2019
Progression: Selo: OoW Unlocks 8/7/2019
Progression: Selo: DoN Unlocks 9/4/2019
Progression: Selo: DoD Unlocks 10/2/2019
Progression: Selo: PoR Unlocks 11/6/2019
Progression: Selo: TSS Unlocks 12/4/2019
Progression: Selo: TBS Unlocks 1/1/2020
Progression: Selo: SoF Unlocks 2/5/2020
Progression: Selo: SoD Unlocks 3/4/2020
Progression: Selo: UF Unlocks 4/1/2020
Progression: Selo: HoT Unlocks 5/6/2020
Progression: Selo: VoA Unlocks 6/3/2020
Progression: Selo: RoF Unlocks 7/1/2020
Progression: Selo: CotF Unlocks 8/5/2020
Progression: Selo: TDS Unlocks 9/2/2020
Progression: Selo: TBM Unlocks 10/7/2020
Progression: Selo: EoK Unlocks 11/4/2020
Progression: Selo: RoS Unlocks 12/2/2020
Progression: Selo: TBL Unlocks 1/6/2021"

Last edited by a moderator:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Q: How is this server different from other Progression Servers?

There are two major differences between Selo and other servers: First, Selo begins during the The Shadows of Luclin era, giving access to Vah Shir, Beastlords, mounts, and everything else that came with Luclin, The Scars of Velious, and The Ruins of Kunark. Second, Selo is what we are calling a Fast Progression server. When the server launches, experience is nearly double that of Ragefire or Lockjaw, instances can be reused more often, rares are more likely to spawn, and faction is earned faster.

Like Coirnav, Selo is a “True Box Server”. On a True Box Server, each player will only be able to play on one EverQuest account from each one of their computers.

There will be no voting for content unlocks, and the server won’t wait until all raid content is defeated before the expansion unlock timers start. Instead, on the first Wednesday of each month a new expansion will be unlocked, starting with The Planes of Power on May 1, 2019.

Once Selo catches up to the current era, it will become a live server and receive expansion unlocks as we create them.

In addition, on Selo, big raid targets from each expansion will be available via instances.

Q: What’s the XP rate on Selo?

Earning experience on the Selo server will be noticeably faster than the rate of other progression servers, but not quite as fast as a normal server.

Q: Can I transfer my existing character here?

No. This will be a fresh server where all players will begin their adventures from level 1. There are no plans at this time to offer transfers to this server from any other progression server.

Q: How does Raid Instancing work on Selo?

The system will allow a full raid (72 players) into an instance. You will need at least 6 players in your raid to request a raid instance, and the players in your raid need to be level 46 or higher.

When you request a raid instance, the player that requested it and their entire raid group will be given an account-wide request lockout for that specific raid for 1.25 days.

Each “boss” in the zone will grant a 3.25 day account-wide lockout. For the most part, this is only for the big boss (like Lord Nagafen or Lady Vox) and the stuff in their immediate vicinity.

For launch, Plane of Sky is an exception to the above instancing rule. Each island will have a lockout. Kill any NPC on that island and everyone in your raid will receive a 3.25 day account-wide lockout for that island.

Q: Can I claim the 40-Slot “Broker's Backpack” on the new Progression Server?

Yes! This bag is a one-time claim available on any server, including progression servers. But be sure to keep your eyes peeled for a new starter pack that will be released when Selo is launched.

Q: Which versions of zones will be on Selo?

Zones that were graphically revamped (Freeport, Commonlands, Nektulos, Lavastorm, and Ro) will be in their revamped form. Our progression servers have to co-exist with live servers, so we need to have the same geometry running on all of them. In cases where the geometry was the same but population changed, we will use the original populations where possible:

• Splitpaw - Will begin in its first revamped form (with the Ishva Mal).
  • Cazic-Thule - Will begin in the form after Rubicite was removed.
  • The Hole - Will begin in its first form (with Master Yael).
  • Plane of Hate - Will be in the current layout, but with population much like the original zone after the first loot revamp.
  • Plane of Fear - Will have population the same as the first loot revamp.
  • Droga/Nurga - Original population.
  • Firiona Vie - Original population.
  • Veeshan's Peak - Original population, but no death restrictions.
  • Plane of Mischief - Original population. The "easy" entrance will not be active until it changes to the current version.
Zones that are set up in this manner will transition to their current datasets in roughly the same timeframe as they originally changed.

Q: Will you be removing changes made to game functions?

In most cases, no. For instance, the UI will be current, you will not leave your items on your corpse when you die, coin will not have weight, and the advanced loot system will be in place. If it is a modern system that is enabled on live servers for everyone, it will be in place.

Features that were added with expansions, such as the Bazaar (Luclin), armor dye (LoY), out-of-combat regeneration (TSS), and mercenaries (SoD), are scheduled to unlock when those expansions are unlocked. The following will be enabled on launch:

• The Raid window
  • Maps
  • Augmentations
  • AAs (though most abilities are restricted by level or expansion)
  • Saving recipes in tradeskill containers
  • Audio Triggers
  • Many Achievements (but not kill or collect achievements)
  • Hotbar revamps
  • Guild rank customizations
Because leadership AAs were introduced as an expansion feature but later added for free to everyone, they will be available upon launch as well.

Q: What things are not allowed on this server?

A True Box Progression Server is a place where players are only allowed to play one EverQuest account at a time on their computer.

Doing any of the following on Selo may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:

• Playing multiple characters at the same time from a single computer.
  • Using 3rd party software.
  • Any method to send one key press to multiple characters.
  • Any attempt to avoid or circumvent lockout timers.
And as a refresher, doing any of the following on ANY server may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:

• Unattended Gameplay: Any method that lets a character take actions while you’re not at your keyboard.
  • Playing on virtual machines.
  • Any attempt to circumvent the /pickzone timer.

Sterling

El Presidente
This is all pretty great up until long keying expansions. Wonder how they'll handle those.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Finally, I can start as a Beastlord and engage in furry erotic roleplay right from the start.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
This is all pretty great up until long keying expansions. Wonder how they'll handle those.

Less time spent grinding AA/Next level cap + 3.5 day LO should help a bit. But yeah I think 6-8 weeks would of been better.

If it was 6-8 weeks and allowed everyone to box 1 character, I would call it my perfect server.

If I play though, this is where I am going to play. Screw doing classic/kunark again but with even slower exp rates and high exp loss on death(Sucks to be DT takers in classic), just makes it even more asinine.

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm good with 1 month, would have prefered it to be like 1 week after content cleared. 2 clears through everything is enough! Would also solve the long keying expansions later without having to change stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
thinking i'll do my classic Paladin / Necromancer two box. getting an Iksar and a Human together early on in Luclin tho, hmmmmm.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
thinking i'll do my classic Paladin / Necromancer two box. getting an Iksar and a Human together early on in Luclin tho, hmmmmm.

I never thought about that combo. I've had more fun than I should've on Coirnav as Druid Enchanter. I'll probably do it again here :p

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I never thought about that combo. I've had more fun than I should've on Coirnav as Druid Enchanter. I'll probably do it again here :p

i've never seen anyone else do it as a two box. necro not getting a new heal after level 26 til level 43 kinda makes that level range rough, but otherwise it works out a lot better than most people would expect. great for dungeon crawling even with just those two. self-sufficient enough as a two-box but can add pretty much any other class and have them contribute meaningfully.

plus the Vorthos in me loves mixing holy and evil.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Next month, EverQuest will turn 20 years old. Together, we've shared 20 rich years of magical moments and created countless memories in Norrath.
Of course, we're excited to keep creating this magic with all of you. Beginning on EverQuest's 20th Anniversary, we will have the chance to start together in Norrath once again, on the new Progression Servers Selo and Mangler. These True Box Progression Servers will launch on Saturday, March 16, 2019 for EverQuest's 20th Anniversary!

What is a True Box Progression Server?
An EverQuest Progression Server is a way to experience EverQuest as it grew over time. It begins with access to only the original zones that were available at a specific point in the game’s history, then gradually adds expansions at varying intervals specific to the rules of the server. On a True Box server, each player will only be able to play on one EverQuest account from their computer. We want to encourage players to play with their friends on this server, and not just form groups of only their alts. If people are truly wanting to multi-box, they’ll have to do it the old-fashioned way - with a whole lot of computers!

Selo Progression Server

The Selo Server will be a "fast" or "casual" Progression Server. This means that gaining experience will be much easier, with experience nearly double that of Ragefire or Lockjaw when the server launches. Additionally, instances can be reused more often, rares are more likely to spawn, and faction is earned more quickly.
This server will start during the Shadows of Luclin era, and will unlock new expansions on the first Wednesday of each month, starting with The Planes of Power on May 1, 2019. Once the server catches up to the present era, it will become a Live server.
For more detailed information on Selo, you can read the server FAQ here.

View attachment 194365

Strap on those women’s panties

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Blue Hair Cuck said:
Q: Can I claim the 40-Slot “Broker's Backpack” on the new Progression Server?

Yes! This bag is a one-time claim available on any server, including progression servers. But be sure to keep your eyes peeled for a new starter pack that will be released when Selo is launched.

Day one 1 purchase

ED97D447-254E-4E6A-BCA1-B7A01D7AAF8B.gif

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Gonna need that bag space for all the useless shit luclin mobs drop.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Going to need that money, when you have to buy 1-60 spells in less then a day :p

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So I buy a bag now to claim later, and then I can get a second bag after release? Do I have that right?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So I buy a bag now to claim later, and then I can get a second bag after release? Do I have that right?

People have done that on previous TLPs if you are indeed that much of a degenerate.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
They should rename Mangler server to Hadden because it's dead right after it spawns.

• 6Worf
  • 5Like
  • 3Mic Drop
Reactions: 13 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I would seriously be amazed if Mangler's population was more than like 20 percent of the other server's. Literally only classic diehards want that shit