Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I remember paludial was the place to be for exp. Basically can go there at like lv 10 or so and leave lv30ish if I remember. But I think they neutered that place for exp since.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
I feel like TLP PoP is vastly overrated and that Luclin is a better expansion experience. People also always want to shit on GoD, but it's probably the best expansion on TLP that I've played and Phinny is on SoD at this point.
Yea from a TLP standpoint I don't have a clue, I'm probably just nostalgic for PoP anyway, because i transferred to FoH early'ish Luclin but everything was already on farm so PoP was my first expansion actually doing cutting edge content for the first time. Plus I just enjoy the visuals with PoP, it's fun to kill ginormous gods moreso than random aliens with 50billion hp to me.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yea from a TLP standpoint I don't have a clue, I'm probably just nostalgic for PoP anyway, because i transferred to FoH early'ish Luclin but everything was already on farm so PoP was my first expansion actually doing cutting edge content for the first time. Plus I just enjoy the visuals with PoP, it's fun to kill ginormous gods moreso than random aliens with 50billion hp to me.
Lunar Vampires sir. But sure, nostalgia is a powerful thing. PoP just turns out is a very shallow expansion and once you get into Time even elemental planes aren't as much of a thing. In Luclin you got a lot of things going on all the way through. VT obviously, but also Emp, Seru, Akheva etc.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
What a terrible set of servers. I was debating getting back into eq or playing wow classic. No debate now. How do they make what might be their most hardcore server ever in Selos and call it casual.

Only the most truly hardcore will be able to keep up with that schedule.

• 2Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I remember paludial was the place to be for exp. Basically can go there at like lv 10 or so and leave lv30ish if I remember. But I think they neutered that place for exp since.

Paludal mobs were high dps low hps and the zone at least used to be among the highest zem. This made it the best.

The downside is that the bulk of the zone will stop being good xp by your high teens and has no real loot, while the bandits that take you into the 20s are crowded with just 2 groups there. Expect a lot of drama and downtime.

Sterling

El Presidente
PC is good until low 20s, but as mentioned the problem is once you're high teens there's really just the bandit area and that won't be good with multiple groups.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Netherbian Lair is another good spot from 18-25ish with trogladites and those alien things. Also closer to Marus seru or DPS for if you go there next.

Now that I know I cant handle poopsocking like I tried on agnarr I hope they keep with opening at Luclin but push the unlocks to 2-3 months.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Will they have that busted ass easy 1h sword fungal caverns quest in?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No doubt, this server is going to be a Luclin clusterfuck. Only the noobs will be in the old world.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Optimal level path will not be the same and the classic route will actually be very bad after level 30.

The faster the xp is, the more optimal it is to just kill stuff and not slow for upgrades or shopping. Just dropping in a limitless-kill outdoor spot with low travel or contention can beat out a higher zem dungeon that requires movement, prep, and/or trains.

Thinking about the server more (at the guild level) I'm interested to see what people not only do with regards to class selection and leveling path but equipment and AA acquisition. Some people are going to try (and I expect it to be a server meme to replace trash with Luclin BiS) but it isn't really feasible to upgrade your cloth choker into a Talisman of Vah Kerrath. Who stops when to do what during leveling and then what kind of gearing up path a guild takes as a whole are serious considerations. Does the premade with with Enchanter/Warrior/Cleric/Shaman pop a Hate instance in the mid 50s? How and where can you bootstrap? Which epics are not optional? If you dump a pile of AAs on to some Warriors and Clerics is that good enough to drag everyone in rags through ToV? Is ToV even where you make your first foothold?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
It will definitely be interesting to see what ends up being optimal. My first thought was just level everyone to 60 and once you've got 3 or 4 groups of 60s could do like PoG > NtoV > Ssra as long as you're just funneling gear to tanks/clerics early you'll be fine I bet.

edit: disclaimer I know absolutely zero about lower end luclin loot and all that shit may be pointless other than just getting shit levelling in luclin and jumping straight into luclin raiding / ntov

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
The thing that I think will be interesting is ST key's....Primal's are still valuable to have into luclin/pop right or is there something else that replaces that proc? (always played a necro or cleric so no clue about melee stuff). Given that I wonder if something like zland will be super profitable to farm with small numbers because i don't feel like guilds are going to want to spend any time at all doing ST key shit given short cooldowns and better options available. Except for people trying to get SoDs and shit before he's awake I guess.....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The thing that I think will be interesting is ST key's....Primal's are still valuable to have into luclin/pop right or is there something else that replaces that proc? (always played a necro or cleric so no clue about melee stuff). Given that I wonder if something like zland will be super profitable to farm with small numbers because i don't feel like guilds are going to want to spend any time at all doing ST key shit given short cooldowns and better options available. Except for people trying to get SoDs and shit before he's awake I guess.....
Isn’t there a different Sleepers in Luclin?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Isn’t there a different Sleepers in Luclin?

On fresh servers I believe he starts asleep. I wouldn't be surprised if there's already a team forming with the singular goal of getting into Sleeper's Tomb first. You could farm a lot of warders between open world and 3.5 day unlock timers if that was your singular objective.

LDoN and Ykesha unlocks "selo's" | EverQuest Forums

as of right now, LoY and LDoN will each count as a full expansion, 1 month for each. so essentially 3 months of PoP. not sure how i feel about that.

They need to combine LoY and LDoN releases together.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
tho to be fair, that does make the server more casual than it first appeared to be.