Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Reading the official forums is pretty terrible. It's like this is the worst thing that's ever happened to some people.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Reading the official forums is pretty terrible. It's like this is the worst thing that's ever happened to some people.
At least reading the official forums is currently more fun than trying to fight the login server.

• 1Solidarity

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
tenor.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Well I was all ready to go for Selos but seems like Selos ain't ready for all of us!
20190316_165348 - Copy.jpg

• 2WTF
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Congratulations Zaide and Faceless on winning the most important race.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is what it is, I don't even mind the queue. What's annoying is after awhile both PC's just get that timeout message and we have to restart the process again. If your going to institute a queue, don't boot people out of the queue. I do find it pretty interesting that after 20+ years, MMORPG's haven't figured out how to deal with launch day/large influx of players issues. You would think technology would of kind of alleviated that stuff by now.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I do find it pretty interesting that after 20+ years, MMORPG's haven't figured out how to deal with launch day/large influx of players issues. You would think technology would of kind of alleviated that stuff by now.
I'm just a clueless schmuck when it comes to this stuff so I have no idea what really "goes into it" to make the hamster run in the wheel so to speak but this is why you guys are getting paid for it and I'm not. I'm curious and want to know too... I mean, I'm not bursting blood vessels over here or anything, just cleaning up a bit but it really DOES make me wonder how/why this happens every... single... time...

Who or what is really at fault here for the hours upon hours of delayed time during clusterfuck launches? Can someone please do an ELI5 for this?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
There is easily technology to make this not happen. It's a matter of expertise at implementing and willing to spend the financial resources to do so. And that's the core reason why this will never change.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Made it to level 5, made a tarnished 2h, best geared SK on the server. I should retire undefeated.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The official forums are fucking gold. The amount of crying over temporarily available out of era mounts and downtime is fantastic. Trolling opportunities abound..

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
The official forums are fucking gold. The amount of crying over temporarily available out of era mounts and downtime is fantastic. Trolling opportunities abound..
I mean people being like level 15 with a mount that gives 500ac and 2500hp is a bit silly, but people demanding refunds all kinds of dumb shit is pretty wild. They should probably roll it all back especially if there was item duping and shit.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Did people really not see this coming?

Thinking they're going to spend thousands to fix something that's going to work itself out over a day or two is unrealistic.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity