Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The EXP rate is great even just two boxing. Wish more people were okay with levelling off of the beaten path, tried all day yesterday to get anyone to join me in The Warrens and didn't get any bites. I'm gonna keep being stubborn and exhaust my possibilities there before I move on, tho. Because with this EXP rate it feels like I actually have the freedom to level wherever I want.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The EXP rate is great even just two boxing. Wish more people were okay with levelling off of the beaten path, tried all day yesterday to get anyone to join me in The Warrens and didn't get any bites. I'm gonna keep being stubborn and exhaust my possibilities there before I move on, tho. Because with this EXP rate it feels like I actually have the freedom to level wherever I want.

Warrens is the best. Leveled from 7 to 21 there. You should try splitpaw at high 20s/low 30s if you want something else off the beaten path (not sure what you're two boxing, though). Like the warrens, it has a super high zem. Struggling to find as smooth a place in my life 40s now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Been having fun, only 17 CLR now with limited time but here's hoping for a guild invite soon. Love me some green text.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I went with chanter/shaman this time. Troll just for the snare necklace, so I don't miss the druid much minus the ports (but hey PoP soonish!)

Lotta fun! I noticed the named spawning a ton more too. No changes on rare drops though, I ended up with 5 pair of pants and 6 helmets while camping SMR, still hasn't dropped.

I farmed up 2k, and hit the bazaar but it's mostly empty so far, no surprise :p

I'm only 50, but if you need a group holler at my enchanter (Patriarch).

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Warrens is the best. Leveled from 7 to 21 there. You should try splitpaw at high 20s/low 30s if you want something else off the beaten path (not sure what you're two boxing, though). Like the warrens, it has a super high zem. Struggling to find as smooth a place in my life 40s now.

Boxing paladin / necro. Great for dungeons crawls, easy single pulls with paladin and great DPS + snares from necro. And ghetto crowd control in the form of Screaming Terror is a lot more valuable than it might seem. Splitpaw is doable with these two, done it on harder servers with the same setup.

And yeah, level 21 is about where Warrens dries up. Which is too bad, because King Gragnar has a great deep loot table, but the EXP is so good you don't have enough time to get much of it at all.

Got a Crown of the Forlorn and a few pieces of Cold Iron at least. Was really hoping for a Forlorn Naginata for a beefy magic weapon.

Might scrub it up and stick around a bit longer despite it being a sea of green mobs...

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Any box ideas for a beastlord? I'm using a druid right now, but I'm afraid the DPS will be an issue long term and ports usefulness will drop off a cliff in a few weeks. Also thinking of scrapping the beastlord in favor of a mage, but I'm afraid that without the slow, pets will get shredded.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I am using new models for cats. The old model goes all sideways when playing bard songs and running.

BTW is there any sort of setting that can influence what pick you get sent to? Been doing the gnome race and it always sends me to faydark69 and I have to sit around 5 minutes and pick to main so I can hail the npc.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I jumped in yesterday for a few hours, bein' all gay and bardy (redundant). Left the game on overnight just to raise my stringed instrument skill, and when I awoke, it was closed out. No big deal, but now when I log in to the actual game (past server select), the game never loads and i'm stuck with a full screen black window that I can't close. I can bring up Task Manager and alt-tab works properly on the overlay but no other window, including Task Manager, will come to the front, and no methods of closing it work, so I have to restart my computer.

What ancient .ini file should I be poking at to try and fix this? I played fine for like 5 hours yesterday.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Without reading anything, I will say this so far, haven't seen such blatant cheating on a server in a long time. So many level 1 warpers being used to train. How DBG doesn't instantly catch something like that just shows their ineptitude or complete lack of care.

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
Without reading anything, I will say this so far, haven't seen such blatant cheating on a server in a long time. So many level 1 warpers being used to train. How DBG doesn't instantly catch something like that just shows their ineptitude or complete lack of care.

All behold, EverquestBOT.
I quit day 1. Like a scrub.

• 1Dislike

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah the level 1 warp training is just poor play, and honestly saw a level 60 warp last night. Hopefully they get banned soon. It's whatever, not causing me to quit or even slow down, just a real disappointment some people have such low morals to cheat in a 20 year old game. Like what does that prove?

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

I jumped in yesterday for a few hours, bein' all gay and bardy (redundant). Left the game on overnight just to raise my stringed instrument skill, and when I awoke, it was closed out. No big deal, but now when I log in to the actual game (past server select), the game never loads and i'm stuck with a full screen black window that I can't close. I can bring up Task Manager and alt-tab works properly on the overlay but no other window, including Task Manager, will come to the front, and no methods of closing it work, so I have to restart my computer.

What ancient .ini file should I be poking at to try and fix this? I played fine for like 5 hours yesterday.

Try deleting the the UI file for your character. It's like ui_name_server.ini or something.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I never levelled up after Luclin, is there a spell area other than the cleric guild i should be looking for stuff at? I see some different spells on alla's but not sure where to find and what expansion

DickTrickle

I never levelled up after Luclin, is there a spell area other than the cleric guild i should be looking for stuff at? I see some different spells on alla's but not sure where to find and what expansion

Eqitems has a pretty good spell list that restricts the vendors by era

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
So while we finished our 82 Emp keys today I maxed 1HB on my Cleric. Pretty happy about that. Bash still has 10 points, though :(

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Just started looking into Spell Research, having never messed around with the new (post-words/runes/pages) research system. DAMN it's expensive! How in the world is someone supposed to research their own spells at the appropriate levels?

On that note -- looking for necromancer research only spells if anyone has a hookup.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Guilds will usually have a couple people that make it a point to do this.

I was goin to, but ended up sending all the mats or even static farmed to the guy that got a early start on skills