Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Did some grinding on this server over the weekend and with some help got to 57 in 2 days! If anyone needs a shm hit up Begaro! Looking to hit 60 before pop!

Vise

Molten Core Raider
Anyone else smell a plat dup on Selo? dont get me wrong 8-10k on a 3 month unlock at this point isnt unreasonable. however the krono are spiking up hard every day.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Could be the leveling curve - higher levels = better cash loot faster, but I haven’t been on Selos in a while so not up to speed on pricing.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
prob just some plat farmers sitting afk in sirens and other nice places to farm plat =p

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
anyone know when pre-nerf Guises and whatnot are supposed to go away on this server?

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
AE groups are really changing the game. I think people underestimate how much cash the truly dedicated AE groups are pulling in. I know a couple folks that go hard on it and while I don't have specific numbers, I know they are making a shit ton just from loot. Not to mention to PL earning potential.

These are huge influxes on plat into the economy.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I see the same group of fishin pole wielding dark elves every time I pass through sirens.

well theres the ones that farm the seahorses in the south part of sirens which isnt very good plat, then you have the ones that can farm the upper sirens which can net you about 120-150k platinum a day.

AE groups do make a lot of money, just from drops and also selling PLs but its a lot of work. When you can automate sirens for 150k a day per pick it makes AE groups look dull and cumbersome. Then again if you have the free time to AE then no reason you couldnt be doing both at the same time. I'm sure there are people that do.

lost

<Bronze Donator>

depending on your gear it can be done with 1 or 2 groups, 150k a day is based on 24 hours of keeping that whole area clear, even if you cant consistently keep it clear you can still clear 100k a day. but again this is the upper sirens. it sounds like its just the asian farmers farming seahorses at the cobalt scar zoneline which isnt very profitable. they're terrible players and arent afk.

DZing sebs isnt nearly as profitable. im not sure how much an AE PLer/puller in seb makes in 24 hours from just the top of seb, if I could guess I'd say 75k max vendoring the gems/spells (not including RBG or ODS or item drops). thats a lot of work. sure during kunark 75k a day is good cause a krono can be 5-9k.

what would be great is if everyone started making AE groups and it became oversaturated. they already bump into each other as it is, and most ae PL groups want at least 2 picks to themselves. if more groups start popping up then they'd have to take one pick and split the upper floor. with the fast XP though thats most likely going to mean less AE PLer groups

Ill be curious to see how TLPs are a year from now. Each TLP has gotten more and more boxers, AE PLers, farmers, krono bazaar flippers (barter vs seller), items have dropped value a lot faster and platinum has lost its value even faster each expansion on each TLP thereafter. DBG just doesnt seem to be able to keep up, cant even stop MQ2 so has to make mule do it but now you have abyss and his eqbot that DBG doesnt seem to be able to stop.

maybe the next move is one account per IP, cant monopolize a camp more than 12 hours, add lore tag to more items like GEBs, maybe even "account lore" tag, and that anti camp code where a named is less likely to spawn the longer a specific person is there.

Last edited:

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
im not sure how much an AE PLer/puller in seb makes in 24 hours from just the top of seb, if I could guess I'd say 75k max vendoring the gems/spells (not including RBG or ODS or item drops). thats a lot of work. sure during kunark 75k a day is good cause a krono can be 5-9k.

The Deep AE run 24/7 makes 500k+ in vendor items.
Velks AE run 24/7 varies more based on how much you can pull and if you can pick or not .But in vendor items alone you make 700k+ a day.
Neither of these is counting the krono from the PL and the items sold for krono.

My point is AE PL groups make by far the most in the game and it isn't even close.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
god damn, nice. but the difference is thats manual labor youre manually pulling at least, constantly, so those people cant do that 24/7 unless they rotate shifts every few days.

Last edited: