Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PoP is out and PoK is a character deathtrap. IF you zone in, you get stuck and can't get out or do anything. GG

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
PoP is out and PoK is a character deathtrap. IF you zone in, you get stuck and can't get out or do anything. GG
I mean this is every tlp pop launch ever, they're never going to get more/better hardware to deal with expansion launches.

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
Always been curious, how much money do these Chinese krono farmer people or mega boxers ACTUALLY make? Like dude who locks down efreeti camp, how much money is this guy making for selling GEBS every day for 3 months of mangler? Are these people making an above-poverty level livable wage doing this? Is it just supplemental income?

Anyone have any insight, I'm genuinely curious.

Sterling

El Presidente
Always been curious, how much money do these Chinese krono farmer people or mega boxers ACTUALLY make? Like dude who locks down efreeti camp, how much money is this guy making for selling GEBS every day for 3 months of mangler? Are these people making an above-poverty level livable wage doing this? Is it just supplemental income?

Anyone have any insight, I'm genuinely curious.
I mean it's probably shit compared to a real job, but it's obviously worth it for the company that probably pays them dudes whatever 3rd world wage they make.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can make 4krono per hour if you monopolize King camp in Seb. That's $40 to $48 USD per hour.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
PoP has been open for a day now... where's the juicy shit talking stop cheating blah blah blah posts to entertain us?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
One group can make on average 3-5 gebs a day, 1-3 rings a day. Best day I’ve seen is 8 pairs of gebs and 3 rings from one pick. Now imagine these people are camping 1-3 picks at once. Gebs go for 1 kr on average and ring 2-5 krono depending on time of day and education of buyer. Smart farmers will hop to FGs every 5 hours for easy mithril loot which can fetch a krono each at best or half a krono at least, but with multiple picks you can get lot of mithril in a few minutes every 5 hours and leave a toon or two to hold your efreeti camp while doing fg.

I’m not on mangler or selos, been busy so these estimates are from coirnav and agnarr etc.

That’s just the math and sure it’s a lot of work if you’re actually manually playing each group.

Last edited:

YHO

Trakanon Raider
At the scale the Asian farmers are farming at, and some non Asians farmers, its definitely decent money but as someone said earlier they’re generally beholden to some overlord who is paying them Nike shoe wages. On a side note, Selos is really living up to its name in terms of exp rate. Within the first few hours of PoP launch, due to aoe farming, people were 65. No drama to report yet. Will update as necessary.

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
Where are all the Michael Jordans of eq talking shit at each other? Surely someone has beaten quarm by now?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I always forget if there was ever any reason to do LoY content. There wasn't, was there?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I always forget if there was ever any reason to do LoY content. There wasn't, was there?

Blood of Nadox is a must for Shamans. Other than that, a few solid quested spells and a couple good leveling zones for the 30-60 levels IIRC. The raid stuff is inconsequential.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The paladin quest heal from LoY is pretty essential to paladins like me that mainly end up in gimpy groups. That's all I remember tho, and I'm not even sure, there might be a way to get it other than questing these days.

Neuad

Trakanon Raider
One group can make on average 3-5 gebs a day, 1-3 rings a day. Best day I’ve seen is 8 pairs of gebs and 3 rings from one pick. Now imagine these people are camping 1-3 picks at once. Gebs go for 1 kr on average and ring 2-5 krono depending on time of day and education of buyer. Smart farmers will hop to FGs every 5 hours for easy mithril loot which can fetch a krono each at best or half a krono at least, but with multiple picks you can get lot of mithril in a few minutes every 5 hours and leave a toon or two to hold your efreeti camp while doing fg.

I’m not on mangler or selos, been busy so these estimates are from coirnav and agnarr etc.

That’s just the math and sure it’s a lot of work if you’re actually manually playing each group.

On Mangler at least GEBs and Djarn Rings didnt really hold their price. It might have something to do with Selo affecting prices, but they haven't been worth a krono in over a month.

Krono are currently going for about 4.2k, and Djarn Ring/GEBs are only going for 1800-2kish and we're still a month away from Kunark.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
each server prices have dropped faster, but with the increased exp rate prices also drop faster ive noticed when theres fast or slower tlps.

Sterling

El Presidente
On Mangler at least GEBs and Djarn Rings didnt really hold their price. It might have something to do with Selo affecting prices, but they haven't been worth a krono in over a month.

Krono are currently going for about 4.2k, and Djarn Ring/GEBs are only going for 1800-2kish and we're still a month away from Kunark.
I mean part of that is no focus effects so the ring is actually kind of trash. Boots still good even if not as good though.

Xeris

Trakanon Raider

So, assuming that you're able to lock down 3 picks and you get the max amount of drops, and assuming that for the first few weeks you can make 2kr for each item, you're making $600/day, in a full day that's ~$25/hour. After the first month when they drop to 1kr, that's 300/day and $12.5/hour. I guess that's ok? But then you need to think that you've probably got at least 12 accounts doing this, so that's -12 kr each month to keep them going, eats into it a bit. And this is pretty much just in classic era. There's probably nothing that can make you as much later on, right? Interesting.

Mwapo

Golden Knight of the Realm
So, assuming that you're able to lock down 3 picks and you get the max amount of drops, and assuming that for the first few weeks you can make 2kr for each item, you're making $600/day, in a full day that's ~$25/hour. After the first month when they drop to 1kr, that's 300/day and $12.5/hour. I guess that's ok? But then you need to think that you've probably got at least 12 accounts doing this, so that's -12 kr each month to keep them going, eats into it a bit. And this is pretty much just in classic era. There's probably nothing that can make you as much later on, right? Interesting.

You can make as much or more on old content raid drops in later expansions if you can box the raids.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Never underestimate how low some human beings will go to make a dollar. Have you seen people standing on street corners? Prostitutes? God damn enough EQ to RL money analysis. The end dudes

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah there's lot more to be made after Classic, although the no focus items until luclin hurts since ODS was an easy 8kronos and somedays I'd get 3-4 of them. Best day I got 5 of them lol. Usually got 2 a day plus other drops/vendor plat. So minimum 22kr a day for one pick of disco in beginning of kunark.