Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
It's the ones that are online 24 hours a day non-stop that I am more talking about. Like the necros that were in Rathe Mountains on Mangler 24 hours a day for ever. It didn't take a rocket scientist to know what was going on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siirx

Golden Knight of the Realm
How many people / accounts got the van hammer? % of guild?
Like Yerm said it was only a handful of people, I am just pretty salty I get hit with a 21 day suspension because I bypassed the truebox code on Coirnav, not even on Selo. Meanwhile I got some guy laughing to me in discord about how he's untouched and he is running MQ2 warping all over and far taunting shit. Great company.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Like Yerm said it was only a handful of people, I am just pretty salty I get hit with a 21 day suspension because I bypassed the truebox code on Coirnav, not even on Selo. Meanwhile I got some guy laughing to me in discord about how he's untouched and he is running MQ2 warping all over and far taunting shit. Great company.

Just mute Gris, no more laughing at you :emoji_grin:

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
For botting, I try to put myself in the gm's shoes. My guess is >90% of petitions are just completely salty people sperging out. Most botting accusations end up not being automation and/or they aren't when the gm goes to look.

Nah, it's 100% the GMs are retarded and don't know shit about EQ. A lot of the time GMs won't even zone in to where you are. They will just send you a tell like " this is GM such and such are you currently at your keyboard?" If you respond they won't even investigate.

Shit like the below goes on for weeks/months with tons and tons of reports and they do nothing. Skip to 19:30 if you wanna see the best part

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

griscuck

Golden Knight of the Realm

maybe dont cheat??

Grisvok

Molten Core Raider
Yes

Speaking of MQ2, SoE has never been able to detect it when you're using passive/vanilla MQ2, so does DBG do process scanning, or memory injection scanning?
Nope

Basically all the ways to defeat truebox were very trackable. Warping/active hacks are very trackable. People who use a personal mq2 compile to just bot or do eqbc probably didnt get hit. If I had to guess.

I think defeating the truebox code was the biggest source of the ban though. More evidence people want atleast 1 instanced tlp that allows some amount of same comp boxing. Guess we gotta wait for them to fire a few more employees before they start considering that though.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
V Vise are you trying to say you won ldon? Congrats if so? There's too much smug for me to figure out what your posts mean.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I used virtualbox on coirnav and as of two days ago my 4 groups werent banned. What did you use to bypass truebox?

Ya know they must have logged the detection in a certain timeframe. I hadn't played my 4 groups for about 3 weeks - then started up a week ago, so in that time they were logging that stuff and I got lucky I guess. I'm done with coirnav anyway but this is curious. I did notice before I took my 3 week break that I couldnt log on mangler with virtualbox but it still worked on coirnav.

I did notice that the boxer in the video at the top of the page wasnt on anymore so he got banned i assume.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
LDoN raids aren't as bad as people make them out to be. You really only should be doing about half of them and while some are just glorified trash slogs some aren't quite so bad. And the augs you get will last many expansions.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ldon raids are better than elemental raids. It's a mediocre expansion, sure, but this era is just hands down better than pre-ldon pop era. It hurts nothing.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I don't understand a lot of EQers.
Typical EQer chat:

"Man, EQ is such a boring game, not sure why I play it. All the fights are boring tank and spanks. My favorite raids are NToV and Vox/Naggy."

Fast forward to LDoN where raids start to have minimal reactive gameplay mechanics:

"Man this content is trash, not nearly as fun as PoFire or Water."

🤔

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users