Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
I'd be curious to know what % of people are actually playing vs AFK botting when the queues are active.

i'm sure a lot of the people in the tunnel are using a combination of autokey and gina to let them know when tells come in

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
i'm sure a lot of the people in the tunnel are using a combination of autokey and gina to let them know when tells come in
If I afk'd that's where I'd do it. Hidden in plain sight.

What's funny is that from the server's perspective that's the worst place to AFK because there is exponential growth on server load for players. If you AFK in qeynos or something, the server sends your info to the dozen or whatever players that are there in a given time while receiving info about the dozen other players. Which means 12^2 or 144 player datum being sent. If you do it in commonlands, you're sending it to the 100+ characters while receiving info about the 100+ players, or 100^2 or 10,000 player datum.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vedette

<Donor>
If I afk'd that's where I'd do it. Hidden in plain sight.

What's funny is that from the server's perspective that's the worst place to AFK because there is exponential growth on server load for players. If you AFK in qeynos or something, the server sends your info to the dozen or whatever players that are there in a given time while receiving info about the dozen other players. Which means 12^2 or 144 player datum being sent. If you do it in commonlands, you're sending it to the 100+ characters while receiving info about the 100+ players, or 100^2 or 10,000 player datum.

i've heard guildies mention quicker afk kicks in commons. Anyone else heard this mentioned, or experienced it?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds like you guys are experiencing everything we did with wow classic queues. Queue gets longer and starts earlier because people will login hours before they are ready to play just to ensure they can be online when they want to play. It sucks and I layers fixed it but for EQ I think they should just open another server. There seems to be enough demand for it.

Vise

Molten Core Raider
Anyone remember how many keys trakanon drops? I've heard anywhere from 6 - 24.

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Anyone remember how many keys trakanon drops? I've heard anywhere from 6 - 24.

I've never seen anywhere close to 24. I've been killing him regularly on Mangler because it's easy and guts and bp still sell okay. It's somewhere in the 6-10 range.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That feeling when you queue up four hours early and it doesn't feel like enough to be on time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
If anyone has a guild going, I have a 30 cleric - Fartstain, if you want to add me, thank you.

Down to raid at 50 or whatever.

• 1Picard

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Can anyone vouch for me for a decent raid guild? I'm a bit slow on the uptake and just now, at 50, realized my guild is WestCoast. Which is a fine coast to be sure, but I can't start a long EQ raid at 1130pm my time :p

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
lol Ghaleon. Great group of people in SoE, but I'm not very useful due to the time difference!

Vedette

<Donor>
Can anyone vouch for me for a decent raid guild? I'm a bit slow on the uptake and just now, at 50, realized my guild is WestCoast. Which is a fine coast to be sure, but I can't start a long EQ raid at 1130pm my time :p

What class are you? I'm in Altered Minds. We are pretty full, but still accepted a few classes(bard, cleric, a few token rogues). We start raids at 5:30 your time though.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What class are you? I'm in Altered Minds. We are pretty full, but still accepted a few classes(bard, cleric, a few token rogues). We start raids at 5:30 your time though.
Just join That's EQ Baby? They start raids way early. Like 7pm EST.

• 1Like