Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
1592412051606.png

Enchanters are OP and this wont change much for them, just funny they arent addressing/fixing the real issues with server performance.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd say the nerf sucks more for druids than for enchanters, since they already were very low on the group desirability list and and mostly used the charm to solo.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What about necro? I just skimmed that garbage but that looked like more bs nerfs on them too.

They didn't fix shit lol. Prolly just let this month lapse and play Witcher 3 for a 2nd time. 250 min queues suck.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Honestly, why don't they just release two more aradunes and collapse them if the population drops enough? I don't get why that doesn't help. The entire rest of EQ players are not facing any issues with queues, so they can't be all bottlenecked together.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
Nothing to fix Aradune. Expected. The month is almost up and they figure people who are going quit after the first month will and they might get a few more subbing for the second month holding onto hopes the next patch will fix something for Aradune. What a shit show. Well I guess I need to end the enjoyment I was genuinely having with the TLP and go play Destiny 2 or something.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Far beyond their logic capabilities to scale with demand and retract/merge with declining interest. Plans like this a clearly quite foreign to them and beyond their capabilities.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, which bothers me more a lot more than the enchanter part.

That's just flat out ignorant and lazy by DBG. If they want to nerf chanters, do it in their spell. Bard charm is not OP, and you have to mind it constantly. You can't even get enough FT to keep it up all the time until the very end of Luclin.

• 1Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol if they really did no fixes to Aradune and there will still be a massive queue I dont know what to say at this point.

Only hardcore people and farmers were in game the past few days. Most casuals were able to get in close to midnight and play for a short period.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lol if they really did no fixes to Aradune and there will still be a massive queue I dont know what to say at this point.

Only hardcore people and farmers were in game the past few days. Most casuals were able to get in close to midnight and play for a short period.

That's was me last night got in at 10pm got to the hole and up and running by 1115 and 1 hour of exping before group broke up.

• 1Solidarity

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lots f responses from Devs today: Aradune -- nothing in patch notes | EverQuest Forums

Addressing the underlying issues with Aradune performance (so we can up the pop cap again) is top priority, but nothing substantial could be ready for this update.

We still believe (for now) that a third tlp at this time would ultimately split the playerbase and cause more harm than good in the long run. That said, we know the massive wait time in the queue is awful, so we will continue to monitor carefully.

We do have many prospective server crash fixes in this update, but the we won't know for sure until the changes are up in the live environment. These fixes address known issues, and we expect there are still more as yet unknown issues impacting the server crashes as well.

----

For some further clarification, when we weigh a new server or not, we are going by experience with doing this before but, more importantly right now, that standing up another server would likely have tremendous impact on crashes on all live servers, including the new progression servers. The fixes in today's update may change that calculation some.

Also, the problems we face right now are not a hardware situation, in that just adding new hardware won't solve anything. If that were the case, we would have done that right away. It's a perfect storm of multiple significant problems that have popped up recently converging.

Short-term, we are working as quickly as we can on the server perf issues so we can raise the cap (most important), and on the crash issues (game-wide). Medium-term, if the crash issues can be resolved, we can explore another server. Long-term, we need all of these issues resolved, so we can have more flexible plans when populations blow up in the future.

For Aradune right now, we will keep creeping the pop cap up as much as we can to make the queues as short as possible, and we are tackling the AFKer issues both manually and systemically, as that just exacerbates the problem.

---

I'm not trying to convince you the current situation is acceptable. It's not, the frustration is valid and real, and we should not have let ourselves get trapped in this. I am trying to share insight into the situation for the sake of transparency, even if that insight is just more bad news.

---

Alright just wanted to pop a quick update in this thread before I post in other locations.
Some of the fixes that were put in have solved some of the underlying issues Mepps mentioned in their previous posts so we've raised the population cap slightly to a point we're comfortable with. This won't eliminate the queue at this time but you should see some changes to it.

Vise

Molten Core Raider
Unless you're a Monk that's after a Shield of Immaculate, Cloak of Flames, Sky weapon and 41% haste belt there's plenty to go around.

This is true for any guild though, we have like 11 monks on our roster and most only need like a better haste or Wu's fist. Velious / luclin is when Batphone guilds gear really takes off, But again most of the vulak gear will be on very high play time players. if you are a DZ only raider (set times) there isnt much of a difference in any of the guilds who clear all content.

There are pro's and cons to both type of guilds but if you have a lot of playtime and are chasing pixels only, Batphone guild is the way to go.

• 1Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I mean they could make charming risky again thus risk=reward but nope who needs charisma. my guess is they dont like people doing naggy with fire giant pets.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Lol. I love how they act like some unknown thing is causing their servers to be shit, and requires monitoring and creative solutions.

Just upgrade your servers you cheap slimy fucks
You could read their post and they say they would improve hardware if it would make a difference but it won't because the infrastructure/code is shit. If you think they're lying, that's fine, but then you should probably not play their games anymore.

Improved hardware isn't a solution to every problem.

• 1Like

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why is the unfrastructure/code shit suddenly when it was fine with the last few TLPs?

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well if you read their posts it makes it sound like an addition of servers stresses the whole system, which is why they won't do a split of Aradune. There's now two more very active servers. That sounds like bad code, not bad hardware.

Servers got noticeably worse when the free TLP period was in effect. If you have a significant bottleneck in your stack new hardware isn't necessarily going to provide an advantage.