Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Its crazy how the run from Freeport to Qeynos used to be so terrifying. Im gonna go to High Hold in a bit I think. I remember that being fun.

Shit my memory is shot whats the levels on the Aviak towers in Karana?

Gonna try to follow my first character from 99s path. I think I went Black Burrow, NroSroOasis, High Hold, Aviaks...then I might have went to Lake of Ill Omen. I started late and by the time I got a single character up to 25 I was like 5 characters in.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Aviaks range from 18-28 or so, can be okay in the 20s but there aren't that many of them so a group might run out of mobs.

Group xp being what it is, it pays to stick to the beaten path. Unrest 10-30, lguk 30-45, Hole 45-50.

Skeletons/gargoyles in OoT are pretty nice xp and money around 20 if you can find the camp open and have 2-3 people. Drops gargoyle eyes wich sell for 8p each.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I've leveled lots of toons from 9 to about 22 off of just the Lake Rathe aviaks at the arena entrance. Until about 12 you just do the little guys, then from 12-15 or so you can do both the two big ones and the little ones and then push to 22 on just the big ones alone. They are super easy to kill, pretty quick to spawn and completely safe with the arena zone in right behind you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
I made the mistake of starting at Qeynos so im dealing with the 6-9 ish Blackburrow bog. Still fun reliving the old days. Cant wait for a few more levels and ill head to Fay land and hang.

Whats the normal level path? I forget twhen I should head to Unrest then MM.
You should check out southern Toxx (past the river) after the revamp the mobs across the river are quite plentiful in the 7-10 range.

The issue is that finding a group out there is extremely unlikely.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
But you can go to Unrest at level 10 and stay until 30'ish if you want. So the trip ends up being really worth it.
This is true, but then you spend a huge bulk of your time leveling either staring at an ugly building or starting at one of three rooms in the ugly building :D

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
But you can go to Unrest at level 10 and stay until 30'ish if you want. So the trip ends up being really worth it.

Uguk is just as good, spent about 17-28 there and made tons of cash off the weapons, no real drops though. Think I walked outta there with about 1k plat.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Unrest sucks. It has OK density but a very long respawn. Any decent group will cuck themselves out of mobs very quickly. It's also a haven for powerlevelers because no healers and no runners (mostly). A lot of times, you end up walking all that way and then having to do a long and painful about-face.

UGUK on the other hand, you'll be hard-pressed to find level appropriate camps that aren't open. Areas by warden or south of scryer are very often open. Areas around 3 way are very often open. Same with shin lord.

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
Kedge is a totally different and far safer zone than it was back in the day and the ZEM is really nice. I did 38-47 there with my enc/sham duo but should have started and left a few levels early. Putting in real time there was one of the few things in early EQ I hadn't experienced.

Main problem is mob density, I had to swim around quite a bit. Later, some of the mermaid druid dots hurt and spawning a corrupted seahorse sucks.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Cazic is funland. Runners, healers (through walls/floors even), challenging pulls, good times.

• 1Worf

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I’ve enjoyed Paw a lot this time around but it has one of the poorest ZEMs in classic (20%). The ZEM values right now do a poor job of accounting for zone difficulty. Places like Paw, Perma and CT which are stacked with healers should all be in that 60% range. Instead some of the easiest zones are 40-60%.

Or they could just make healing require LoS and suddenly a ton of classic dungeons become great.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I’ve enjoyed Paw a lot this time around but it has one of the poorest ZEMs in classic (20%). The ZEM values right now do a poor job of accounting for zone difficulty. Places like Paw, Perma and CT which are stacked with healers should all be in that 60% range. Instead some of the easiest zones are 40-60%.

Or they could just make healing require LoS and suddenly a ton of classic dungeons become great.
Yeah what the hell is up with rando mobs healing each other. Splitpaw was a hassle because of this.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I dont know why they play favorites like that with the zems. Plus they never seem to change them. Its like every single TLP its the same shit.

• 1Seriously?

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
God what a night... first time I’ve been able to get on early and it’s either “reeee I’m going to bring my 50 ench badass to charm and clear the whole fucking level while y’all watch!” or “thanks for the invite, can someone guide me from the Upper Guk entrance to executioner camp?” Fucking hell.

• 2Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
God what a night... first time I’ve been able to get on early and it’s either “reeee I’m going to bring my 50 ench badass to charm and clear the whole fucking level while y’all watch!” or “thanks for the invite, can someone guide me from the Upper Guk entrance to executioner camp?” Fucking hell.
That's EQ Baby!

For real though I got a buddy that finally hit 45 on his Monk and the past week he says has been f'ing terrible with groups. Multiple times with the hey come group! Only to get there and be told Oops we invited someone else. Or join a group and 5 pulls later it breaks. Not just 1 person that you could probably replace, but 3-4 of them are like ehhh, I'm tired, night!

To say the least it's been a shit show for him.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Finally hit 50 last night and got about a 20% buffer. Time to start working on what I can for hard epic

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Ran from Qeynos and to Commonlands. Got merced by a dreadwolf like 80 percent through kith. Was fun seeing all the old areas. Karanas XP is great its just so spread out and the levels vary so much. Ended up tossing someone 10pp for a port to SRO, never saw the new zones so explored SRO, NRO, What used to be oasis of Marr. Then to NEw Freeport. FUCK THAT SHIT. Hit 10 in Nro gonna level here a bit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ran from Qeynos and to Commonlands. Got merced by a dreadwolf like 80 percent through kith. Was fun seeing all the old areas. Karanas XP is great its just so spread out and the levels vary so much. Ended up tossing someone 10pp for a port to SRO, never saw the new zones so explored SRO, NRO, What used to be oasis of Marr. Then to NEw Freeport. FUCK THAT SHIT. Hit 10 in Nro gonna level here a bit.

Yeah Nro has a zem bonus, great place to level.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I keep seeing ZEM, I assume Zone Experience Modifer? Is there a list of all of them? Is that like the old Hot zones?

• 1Like