Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Sterling

El Presidente
I keep seeing ZEM, I assume Zone Experience Modifer? Is there a list of all of them? Is that like the old Hot zones?
Hot Zones had extremely cranked up ZEMs but every zone has their own ZEM. And yes it's Zone Experience Modifier.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I keep seeing ZEM, I assume Zone Experience Modifer? Is there a list of all of them? Is that like the old Hot zones?

If you go back some pages to approximately May 27 a dude posted his updated list of ZEM, and other tips and tricks.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Anyone done any testing to see if the incapacitate spells that lower agi/str/ac are worth using?

I can't really speak to lower levels but I know that on raid mobs they help reduce special abilities like flurry or rampage and I believe also how often they have multiple attacks. I have logs that show the rampage/flurry thing (but, across a data set of only a few dozen boss kills). Druid dots later on that reduce AC a lot definitely help DPS.

So, I'd say they do useful stuff, but it's always a question of is it worth the mana? For a group mob.... probably not.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
What a difference a day makes, got invited to a cav/sage group last night - ranger/cler/3x mage + me (34 ench) - went from 34 - 38 and moved over to frenzied towards the end. Ahhh, EQ.

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Just a LITTLE mage epic progress:

1593279735106.png

1593279891209.png

First hate run, No staff. Gunna do a couple other locations tomorrow, maybe a few drop.

I am shooting to be in the first 10 done with the quest on the server but I won't lose sleep if I'm not.

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

rad

Lord of Guk
Undertow is the real chase, not peggy.

If you're not using your weekly Kedge DZ, start popping it now.

• 1Picard

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Getting the peggy cloak was the big win.

On this server, heck yeah it was. So many botters, warpers..ect.

Spawn and Dirkie were the worst so far. They "Bound" in the fuckin zone, or so they said. I targeted one of the guys pets and he as he PROVED he was bound in SK. He vanished and then appeared again insinuating that he left the zone and then gated back. His pet never left my target. Fuckin dude warped away an then gated back.

Had some cool people help me too.

Was killing spawns like a god damn vietnam war vet and then I read another guide saying "66 seconds" between spawns and "An Elephant" and "An Escaped Splitpaw Gnoll" were major on the PH list. Found the elephant in the designated area and then a couple gnolls spawned in the paw / aviak / west wall "circle". Guy comes in and sees me killing asking how I'm timing, I was the only one in the zone for a while so there wasn't a need to time. I was just killing anything that fit the bill really and apparently I got super lucky that it was an elephant, and 3 escaped in that SPECIFIC area. He took over tracking and was running all over with me in group.

Undertow is the real chase, not peggy.

If you're not using your weekly Kedge DZ, start popping it now.

I'm in a guild that does Undertow / Phinny now. So here's hoping.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I need to find one of those for the Ranger epic. I like the check boxes.

66 seconds, almost to the second.

An elephant ONLY
Lion and lioness
Aviaks
An escaped splitpaw gnoll

If you start getting named gnolls, undead Cyclops or a named Cyclops, then you are on the wrong spawn cycle. Seems like if you start getting a ton of mobs in the south east corner, you are likely on the wrong cycle. Most of your mobs should spawn in the western half, South of splitpaw.

If you see a mob path over splitpaw, North / south, kill it as it maybe a placeholder.

Mobs involved in spawning it will path to the northern half of the map but will also path back to the southern half of the Map after a while. Your best bet if you arrive and somebody is already killing a bunch of stuff is to wait and see if he spawns as well as watch to see if mobs are passing up to the north from split paw to the west of split paw.

My phone is flipping out so I'm just going to tag this here and maybe edit the post later.

Sterling

El Presidente
I'd spin up to 4 DZs per cooldown on Agnarr specifically looking for Undertow. It was probably up about 40-50 percent of the time but it won't always have the wand since it can also drop Squallsurge Shawl. Looking at something like 1 in 4 or 5 DZs having a wand would be my guess. Obviously a sample size of 30 or so DZs is pretty small so the number could be like 10 percent or 40 percent or something. but it's certainly less than half but not particularly rare.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
66 seconds, almost to the second.

An elephant ONLY
Lion and lioness
Aviaks
An escaped splitpaw gnoll

If you start getting named gnolls, undead Cyclops or a named Cyclops, then you are on the wrong spawn cycle. Seems like if you start getting a ton of mobs in the south east corner, you are likely on the wrong cycle. Most of your mobs should spawn in the western half, South of splitpaw.

If you see a mob path over splitpaw, North / south, kill it as it maybe a placeholder.

Mobs involved in spawning it will path to the northern half of the map but will also path back to the southern half of the Map after a while. Your best bet if you arrive and somebody is already killing a bunch of stuff is to wait and see if he spawns as well as watch to see if mobs are passing up to the north from split paw to the west of split paw.

My phone is flipping out so I'm just going to tag this here and maybe edit the post later.

Good info

EQ000289.jpg

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

rad

Lord of Guk
I'd spin up to 4 DZs per cooldown on Agnarr specifically looking for Undertow. It was probably up about 40-50 percent of the time but it won't always have the wand since it can also drop Squallsurge Shawl. Looking at something like 1 in 4 or 5 DZs having a wand would be my guess. Obviously a sample size of 30 or so DZs is pretty small so the number could be like 10 percent or 40 percent or something. but it's certainly less than half but not particularly rare.

You told me on Phinny not to do it.. and I should have listened. Not sure why the hell I ever did it twice.

• 1Like