Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Sterling

El Presidente
Sky is such a dogshit zone from a mechanical standpoint. So much of it is just pure cancer for casters and the longass timers for island bosses is terrible. might be the worst end of expac raid zone until at least Deathknell.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sky is such a dogshit zone from a mechanical standpoint. So much of it is just pure cancer for casters and the longass timers for island bosses is terrible. might be the worst end of expac raid zone until at least Deathknell.
Yeah that’s why I just bounced until Kunark.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The problem with pretty much any caster class after, lets say level 10, is that if you med to full between mobs you have basically 0 chance of dying to anything less than a red con. Unless you try to solo in places like guk or mistmoore where adds might get the better of you it's just going to be a really long meditation session.

Shaman would be fun up until about level 24 and then you get Envenomed Breath and just cast that spell and walk the other direction for a few seconds until the advloot window pops.

TBH I think Ranger is the one other class that'd be particularly interesting for this challenge without having any easy-outs. Casters have gate, Bard can always escape, SK/Monk can feign, Warrior/Rogue would be boring as shit, etc. Lack of LOH would make it that much more treacherous. There would also be more room to strategize, like root-rotting the last 40% of a fight instead of spamming healing if you're outmatched, or using arrows on incoming. If rangers get fear like druids, could even fear kite a bit. There's variety here in any case.

Was considering trying this myself with either a Paladin or Ranger, but I doubt I'd even make it to level 10. I'd inevitably start a fight at half health from impatience, eventually, and get murked.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah rangers get the animal fear at 19 or 20 or at least thats the way it used to be back in the day, not sure the levels today. In 2000 I ground out many levels fear kiting animals on my ranger. Rangers are awesome in groups too. Snare, root CC, instant snap aggro with snare, etc..Best outdoor pullers with their own line of outdoor lulls. Plus minor buffs and of course SOW, wolf form.. Def my favorite melee class by far in Eq. But then they went and nerfed headshot, the fuckers. I used to solo pull 1/4 plane of fire for mad money and AAs back in the day.

Last edited:

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

I went a few nights ago, first time since the zone was 'new'. Not a fan of it. Wonder what kind of decisions led up to 'make most bosses immune to all caster damage'. I did get a chuckle out of certain players dying to fall damage. As in, they have a PC from 1999 that can't run EQ beyond 10FPS so fall damage is multiplied for them.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
PNRjIgQ.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Went to SolB last night. First zone with "end-game" loot that I've been in on Aradune. I'm level 37 so the only area me and my dad could kill in was the kobold area where the mobs were around our level. All the 4 picks we tried had red-con players running around smashing all the kobolds inbetween farming the kobold noble spawns.

We're going to try lower guk next, but is this basically how it goes in these zones where if there is a decent named mob in an area it'll be filled with level 50 characters farming everything even remotely close to them?

Besides lower guk, the hole and OOT, what other places should we check out at level 38-40ish?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I forgot how fucking slow the early levels are especially in cloth armor with rusty long sword. Still something decent for the back ground for a few weeks. Will see if I dont just fall off by then

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I forgot how fucking slow the early levels are especially in cloth armor with rusty long sword. Still something decent for the back ground for a few weeks. Will see if I dont just fall off by then
Best thing to do if you're not 2boxing something really strong (or even if you are, frankly) is to find a group. They recently boosted group bonus XP quite a bit such that you only need a modest increase in kill speed to increase how much XP you get. This effect is increased if you're able to go into a dungeon with a higher ZEM. It's also dramatically increased if you get lucky to tag into a group getting power leveled by someone's box, though that makes the game frequently a bit boring and kind of ruins the fun.

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Went to SolB last night. First zone with "end-game" loot that I've been in on Aradune. I'm level 37 so the only area me and my dad could kill in was the kobold area where the mobs were around our level. All the 4 picks we tried had red-con players running around smashing all the kobolds inbetween farming the kobold noble spawns.

We're going to try lower guk next, but is this basically how it goes in these zones where if there is a decent named mob in an area it'll be filled with level 50 characters farming everything even remotely close to them?

Besides lower guk, the hole and OOT, what other places should we check out at level 38-40ish?

Guk is a bit better about mobs being up because of the SolB henbane farming. Lord/AM will usually be fully cleared, but mobs are usually up outside of the 3 spawn at Frenzy and Ass if 50's are camping them. Exe/sage camps usually also left alone as the loot isn't really worth camping.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Best thing to do if you're not 2boxing something really strong (or even if you are, frankly) is to find a group. They recently boosted group bonus XP quite a bit such that you only need a modest increase in kill speed to increase how much XP you get. This effect is increased if you're able to go into a dungeon with a higher ZEM. It's also dramatically increased if you get lucky to tag into a group getting power leveled by someone's box, though that makes the game frequently a bit boring and kind of ruins the fun.

I made the mistake of starting at Qeynos so im dealing with the 6-9 ish Blackburrow bog. Still fun reliving the old days. Cant wait for a few more levels and ill head to Fay land and hang.

Whats the normal level path? I forget twhen I should head to Unrest then MM.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I made the mistake of starting at Qeynos so im dealing with the 6-9 ish Blackburrow bog. Still fun reliving the old days. Cant wait for a few more levels and ill head to Fay land and hang.

Whats the normal level path? I forget twhen I should head to Unrest then MM.
I think all the zones you can level in have people in them for the most part. I imagine there are a lot of people like me and you that want to experience the TLP as intended and either see a bunch of content or see content we're particularly nostalgic over.

However, Unrest, Solusek A/B and upper/lower guk are the most popular places to go. Unrest kind of blows because it's so far away.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think all the zones you can level in have people in them for the most part. I imagine there are a lot of people like me and you that want to experience the TLP as intended and either see a bunch of content or see content we're particularly nostalgic over.

However, Unrest, Solusek A/B and upper/lower guk are the most popular places to go. Unrest kind of blows because it's so far away.
But you can go to Unrest at level 10 and stay until 30'ish if you want. So the trip ends up being really worth it.

• 1Like