Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
DPG couldn't schedule the most important date to their hardcore base, the release of the T3 raids, causing hundreds of their most loyal fans to sit on their ass for hours wondering what was wrong after spending the previous year building up to that moment.

DPG should not be expected to maintain EQ well enough that the rube goldberg machine that is the quillmane spawn keeps to its 66s spawn time.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Was talking to a pal the other day, and it seems that for whatever the reason the respawn timer appears to now be variable (roughly 66-80s) and not absolute.

I have timed it and they are wrong, accounting for server lag it is nearly exactly 66 seconds. The last few days have made the server and chat lag anywhere from 2-10 seconds. During these times it is nearly impossible to time a QM spawn unless you are the ONLY person in zone killing.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
There could be a chance it lags and misses a tick and spawns at 72 instead of 66 sometimes. Who knows

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Get ready for a few days of 76% bonus exp/faction/rare spawns. I expect the announcement will drop tomorrow morning and the bonus to begin as early as tomorrow at 3pm EST.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I dunno if that would bring me back or not. I didn't mind the queues so much just for getting in, but it really screwed up meeting friends to play.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Earlier than anticipated!

"Summer Spectacular!

Summer is here, the days are long, and that means it's time to celebrate. Start your July off right with in-game bonuses! Things begin July 1, 2020:

Bonus Rewards!
All XP, faction, and rare spawns will be increased by 76%.

The Summer Spectacular begins at 12 AM PT (Midnight) on July 1, 2020, and ends at 11 PM PT on July 8, 2020. "

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist

"Tomorrow morning at 6 AM PDT we will be bringing just Aradune down to make some changes to the hardware for the server. The downtime will last approximately 4 hours. Thank you for your continued patience while we continue to work on the issues."

Four hour scheduled downtime, anyone wanna take bets on how long Aradune is actually down?

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
What's the latest on login queues, lag, crashes etc? Still a shit show or is everything ironed out?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
What's the latest on login queues, lag, crashes etc? Still a shit show or is everything ironed out?

It's been perfectly smooth for over a week now, but it's about to become a shit show again as people come back for the EXP bonus.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
It's been perfectly smooth for over a week now, but it's about to become a shit show again as people come back for the EXP bonus.
Hoping to join in once kunark drops. Crossing fingers everything is running smoothly by then.

Also is there no open world raid drama? I haven't heard anything.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

"Tomorrow morning at 6 AM PDT we will be bringing just Aradune down to make some changes to the hardware for the server. The downtime will last approximately 4 hours. Thank you for your continued patience while we continue to work on the issues."

Four hour scheduled downtime, anyone wanna take bets on how long Aradune is actually down?
Really hoping this is something other than routine replacement and is instead an escalation in service.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Ok gentlemen. I am running a small guild for the first time in many years, and I need help to not look like a complete dumb ass lol.

We are not a hardcore raid guild, and don't want to be. We just want to have fun playing the game. That obviously includes raiding which brings me to the point of this post. I need strats.

Everything has been killed a gazillion times before, so I know there has to be strats out there on the interwebs. I plan to do some searching of course, but I was hoping my fellow FoHers would have tips and links to decent strats for classic EQ raiding.

Again, we are a super small guild (the way I like it honestly), and not rushing anything. I'm planning on taking my guild up to Hate to do some gear farming to start off. Then we will do some Fear for gear farming, and go from there. I don't really expect to take on any big raid targets for a while yet as we only have about 2 groups worth of raid level guild members at this point.

Anything helps. Thanks guys.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Really wish they’d bring back focus effects in classic - especially since I got my GEBS and green silk robe to drop last night.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If it was part of a larger plan to strip out more and more out of era stuff from the early expansions I wouldn't object to it but in its current form I don't like it. The additions of Mitigation of the Mighty, Presence of the Mighty and Mark of the Old Ways were the counterbalance fix to the existence of focus effects and other out of era mechanics. If they weren't doing their job I'd rather they were tinkered than foci getting turned off. Caster itemization is just so damned terrible.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, focus effects launched in the Luclin era. The fact that they retroactively went back and put focus on all the existing items in the game probably indicates that they would have liked to have them in there from the start. And, there are a LOT of items that are just straight garbage without their focus effects. They get passed over in current era because they have no effect, then people level/gear passed them in later era's because there are just better options. It is a bad TLP design decision to not include focus effects.

To Arbitrary Arbitrary point, they balanced content after the fact on TLPs, so allowing the items to have their focus effects seems fine. It just comes down to enjoyment, fun factor, and being able to use items relevant to their era.

• 1Like