Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I can't speak to kunark/velious but casters(and monks...) are overpowered in classic because they aren't gear dependent while everyone else is and gear blows. Giving them a boost by enabling focus so that gear is useful would be silly.

I'd love to see a rebalancing done on early TLP to make group content harder. Right now if you're in a solid group you want a steady stream of red mobs coming your way, and if you're in a not-solid group you want yellows and reds. This means your XP is supercharged and groups just fly through the content.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
While casters are overpowered during the initial leveling and in group content from the second half of Sky and continuing for the next half dozen expansions their windows to shine on raid content are constantly shrinking. With focus effects enabled I was never not losing ground as content unlocked. With them disabled that gulf cannot have done anything but get wider and show up sooner.

So what I am saying is nerf Monks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The last two days I’ve had a lot of people roll past me and charm the mob I am currently in combat with and then just walk away. We aren’t talking named mobs, just random ghouls. When this happens I ask them politely to break charm and if they don’t I sit in their camp on my 35 Paladin and take 1-3 kills until I feel like I’ve earned the exp I am losing by having my spawn stolen.

I am not really shocked or anything but man walking up to an engaged mob and deciding it is your new charm pet has to be top tier antisocial behavior lol.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Why do characters need to be balanced?
They don't.

Frankly it's more important that the game is made more difficult than made more balanced.

The losers making rogues in classic can eat the poop they asked for, but people rolling mages on classic and then asking for more power are silly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Mages were more prowerful 5 years ago in classic, they have tuned them down.
I can't speak to raids where MotM is present but I'm leveling a dru/mag combo and mages are powerful as fuck at low levels. I just got bolt of flame and am just blowing up mobs.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I can't speak to raids where MotM is present but I'm leveling a dru/mag combo and mages are powerful as fuck at low levels. I just got bolt of flame and am just blowing up mobs.
They nerfed mag pet hp hard at one point. They use to be even more ridiculous

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
They nerfed mag pet hp hard at one point. They use to be even more ridiculous
I want a TLP server with
1. Everything is No Drop, get fucked.
2. Everything has double HP, get fucked. Doesn't impact charmed mobs, get double fucked.
3. Everything does double damage, get fucked. Doesn't impact charmed mobs, get double fucked.
4. Snare/fear/root/mez/charm/lull has less efficacy, get fucked.

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I want a TLP server with
1. Everything is No Drop, get fucked.
2. Everything has double HP, get fucked. Doesn't impact charmed mobs, get double fucked.
3. Everything does double damage, get fucked. Doesn't impact charmed mobs, get double fucked.
4. Snare/fear/root/mez/charm/lull has less efficacy, get fucked.
So you want them to make another game that isn't eq, yeah they did that with eq2.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't disagree Tuco Tuco that casters are already OP and giving them focus items would only push the scales even further, but not having the focus effects till Luclin just makes it so a shit ton of items/content aren't used, aren't interesting, and they are passed over. If there is a balancing problem, it isn't these items fault.

Speaking as someone that did 1-65 on Selo, it was awesome being able to obtain low level gear with focus on it from the get go. I was doing relevant era camps and going after stuff I never would have if they had not been included. Did the items last long? No, they got replaced pretty quick, but it was still much more fun with them than without them.

Link relevant to the discussion: Classic Items with Focus Effects

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Ok gentlemen. I am running a small guild for the first time in many years, and I need help to not look like a complete dumb ass lol.

We are not a hardcore raid guild, and don't want to be. We just want to have fun playing the game. That obviously includes raiding which brings me to the point of this post. I need strats.

Everything has been killed a gazillion times before, so I know there has to be strats out there on the interwebs. I plan to do some searching of course, but I was hoping my fellow FoHers would have tips and links to decent strats for classic EQ raiding.

Again, we are a super small guild (the way I like it honestly), and not rushing anything. I'm planning on taking my guild up to Hate to do some gear farming to start off. Then we will do some Fear for gear farming, and go from there. I don't really expect to take on any big raid targets for a while yet as we only have about 2 groups worth of raid level guild members at this point.

Anything helps. Thanks guys.

CT and Draco are slowable. Belly casters.
Vox/Naggy not slowable
Inny is chain stunnable by my best recollection from pally stun? Trivializes him.
Sky is well...sky

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
All right - is the exp 100% normal + 76% bonus 176% and then a 25% potion makes it 176 + 44 = 220% bonus or is it 176% + 25% for 201%? Or some other calculation for EXP with a potions also?

Leon

<Silver Donator>
CT and Draco are slowable. Belly casters.
Vox/Naggy not slowable
Inny is chain stunnable by my best recollection from pally stun? Trivializes him.
Sky is well...sky

CT is slowable? is that only for Vanilla CT? his revamp was immune.

Draco is slowable and bellycaster with a shitty melee box.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Solo'd Ass/Sup camp tonight, killed a Supplier and 2x Assassin (1 w/ dagger 1 w/ mask) on my 35 Paladin. Feels good boys.

DEPally.jpg

Last edited:
  • 11Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users