Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Your group probably thought I was the biggest autist on the planet when I wouldn't loot the Ghoulbane after that lol.

It's all good though man, I will get it eventually.

Here's how it looked on my end.
www.twitch.tv/videos/668787131
they did, lol

I tried explaining that you were playing a game beyond our comprehension, but they just got pissed you wouldn't take the damn sword.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Got it.

EQ000301.jpg

For those interested in seeing how dumb the Shin Lord fight is vs a level 37 Paladin:

Without GB

With GB

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Man your gettin it. Nice work. You will probably be the first person to ssf hardcore mode to 50 in eq.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Man your gettin it. Nice work. You will probably be the first person to ssf hardcore mode to 50 in eq.

WORLD SPEEDRUN RECORD!!1!

Really though, last night I blew all my remaining healing potions and a DA idol. Lguk is super deadly, a crit fail lull is all it takes to end it.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wait

Is that classic spell effects? On TLP? ....... how can I make this happen?

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Wait

Is that classic spell effects? On TLP? ....... how can I make this happen?

Go into your EQ directory and delete the following files:

spellsnew.edd
spellsnew.eff

Then find your everquest executable in that same folder and make a shortcut of it. Go to properties and add "patchme" after the quotes on your shortcut target. It should look like this:
"C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

Then use that shortcut to log in from now on. You only need to redo the file delete process once every patch day.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Got to say it's cool that you're not playing it super safe and avoiding all dungeons.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hit 41 today in lower guk, respawns slow AF. We are fixing to hit cazic thule next. I don't see a lot of people going to that zone, how come??

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Hit 41 today in lower guk, respawns slow AF. We are fixing to hit cazic thule next. I don't see a lot of people going to that zone, how come??

I went to CT and pulled a blue mob to the zoneline solo. He was 3-4 levels below me and I used 100% of my mana and LoH and he was still healing when I had to zone out.

Mobs like that heal through the walls all over the zone.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I went to CT and pulled a blue mob to the zoneline solo. He was 3-4 levels below me and I used 100% of my mana and LoH and he was still healing when I had to zone out.

Mobs like that heal through the walls all over the zone.
Yeah that bullshit is really annoying. Me (enc/cle) and my dad(nec) can usually cut through whatever, but getting through cross wall healing spam is cheesy.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

In Lord of the Rings Online you'd actually get titles (suffix) for getting to certain levels without ever dying. You could get these at like level 10/15/20. The highest one was "The Immortal" at...level 20? I think? Maybe 30? I took a couple whacks at it back in the day. One time I got to level 17 (I think, it was a couple levels away from the final title) before dying in an instance that had no zone-out when I got too many adds to deal with. I ran for it, found that I couldn't zone back out (was my first time in an instance like that), and took a loss. Still remember the sinking feeling of discovering I couldn't zone out of that dungeon. Levels there took a long time, comparable to classic EQ, so I didn't try again. Kinda curious how that game is now. I stopped at level 33 and hadn't even gotten to Rivendell yet and now they've got expansions going all the way through Mordor and level 100.

TL;DR - We should petition EQ to add titles like this for deathless runs because it's a great idea.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
In Lord of the Rings Online you'd actually get titles (suffix) for getting to certain levels without ever dying. You could get these at like level 10/15/20. The highest one was "The Immortal" at...level 20? I think? Maybe 30? I took a couple whacks at it back in the day. One time I got to level 17 (I think, it was a couple levels away from the final title) before dying in an instance that had no zone-out when I got too many adds to deal with. I ran for it, found that I couldn't zone back out (was my first time in an instance like that), and took a loss. Still remember the sinking feeling of discovering I couldn't zone out of that dungeon. Levels there took a long time, comparable to classic EQ, so I didn't try again. Kinda curious how that game is now. I stopped at level 33 and hadn't even gotten to Rivendell yet and now they've got expansions going all the way through Mordor and level 100.

TL;DR - We should petition EQ to add titles like this for deathless runs because it's a great idea.
Deathless runs in EQ kinda need other stuff to have meaning. You really need to do it like zaide is where he is soloing, self found and also going into dungeons. Without those three things it's trivial.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Today we're streaming a 1-50 marathon. Going for 24-36 hours if anyone wants to stop by!

• 3Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I have a couple characters in the 50's in lotro that haven't died. The titles end at 20 though sadly.