Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why is sirens such a plat farm? i recall almost no one went there back in the day, tho i know they redid it or something

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It was actually difficult before the game was dummed down to the point it is now, and you needed 6 real people when it was current. Farmers use 9 bots and a script to dominate the content.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I raped SG for like 40+ hours straight and farmed seahorse haste belts for an entire raid on selos. That wasn't autistic at all.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Growth used to be an awesome farm before it was nerfed, think somewhere in Luclin? I was so butthurt about that, very rarely anyone there, and was pretty relaxed farm for a group, or less. I don't even recall the PoGs being much of an issue, unless they caught you with your pants down.

I know I spent a lot of time going through SG to go farm burrowers in WW and DN was tits for a necro, never actually stayed in SG, I recall the mob pathing& aggro through walls being absolutely deadly. Never got a real look at the zone until a few years ago on one of the TLP, monk 1.5/2 I think?

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
There was nothing relaxing of what I did in SG. I had someone show up once to get an invite to the guild and I thought he was invading my camp and we screeched at him autistically for 4 hours. Later on it turns out my ADA Compliant partner on the endeavor had caused the entire misunderstanding.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Growth used to be an awesome farm before it was nerfed, think somewhere in Luclin? I was so butthurt about that, very rarely anyone there, and was pretty relaxed farm for a group, or less. I don't even recall the PoGs being much of an issue, unless they caught you with your pants down.

I forgot I used to farm PoG just 2 boxing, I almost completely forgot about that. Didn't like every mob drop an expensive gem? They actually nerfed that? lol.

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
No picks in ToV is going to be fun for armor.

It will be large lower tier guilds "raiding it" all the time.

We used to 6 man all the mini's and trash mobs for armor in an instance. I dont know if this is current -- but you used to get a short general lockout of TOV for going there on instance, but it wouldnt affect your loot lockout for bosses etc.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whats a good place in keal/tov an enchanter+cleric can duo for armor drops?

I really wanna get cleric legs. Those seem OP.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You can spin up an instance of kael and do the plate house. It's a little script that gets triggered and various mobs spawn and they only drop plate and you can repeat it as long as you want.

Can do this in open world too, of course, but it will be camped for a long time.

Otherwise, you want either near the throne room or in the arena area.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The Kael pick threshold is actually fairly low for a "city". I think it's around 30 or so, there's a good chance you'll be able to get a pick plate cycle up. It's groupable with good-ish Kunark gear, but I don't think you can duo it. The last of the mobs are essentially MR and cannot be slowed and hit fairly hard. The best pets for Kael are the wolves which can spawn between lvl 51 and 54 I believe, with 53 being the highest charmable dire wolf. They fuck bigly, but they'll wreck you on pet breaks.

• 2Like

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wait this plate cycle is unlimited spawnable in DZ?

I had heard about it but thats stupid. Should be easy to get thurg set if so.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I remember reading that you were guaranteed x amount of molds, but we did it alot and never got anything but gloves and boots and maybe a bracer. I don't know if we were just super super unlucky or the rewards got reduced. This was back on selo.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
So you get 1 drop (on average) per cycle and it favors plate. It can be anything, but plate is more likely. You can do it infinitely in DZ or in OW. You go to the throne, say the words (something akin to "The dain must be slain for the peace we must obtain"), spawns a dorf, attack him, spawns 4-5 rounds of 2 giants of increasing difficulty. After which the dwarf spawns again and RUNS. You NEED to attack him before he goes up the stairs or it'll reset the CD on the encounter for 30ish minutes I believe. If you kill dorf you can start it up immediately again.

• 1Like

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
How hard are the Dozekar quests to complete? Do most guilds bid out every tear individually?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
How hard are the Dozekar quests to complete? Do most guilds bid out every tear individually?
It’s usually a pita especially if it requires multiple doze items. RNG can just cuck you too, especially if you’re an instance guild you just might not get a certain tear to drop during the whole expansion.

The top OW guilds will get a ton but then they’re rocking like 300 players so it kind of splits the same.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
So you get 1 drop (on average) per cycle and it favors plate. It can be anything, but plate is more likely. You can do it infinitely in DZ or in OW. You go to the throne, say the words (something akin to "The dain must be slain for the peace we must obtain"), spawns a dorf, attack him, spawns 4-5 rounds of 2 giants of increasing difficulty. After which the dwarf spawns again and RUNS. You NEED to attack him before he goes up the stairs or it'll reset the CD on the encounter for 30ish minutes I believe. If you kill dorf you can start it up immediately again.

I didn't kill the dwarf most times and was able to run back to back in a DZ. I also had three plate classes to gear and did at least 25 hours here and never got anything but plate.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
So in all my time playing EQ i have never, ever played a monk. Now, I find myself in capable raiding guild on rizlona as a monk main.

Anyone with a lot of Monk knowledge in terms of gearing and even more so when it comes to weapons care to enlighten me on what i should be looking to spend my dkp on?

So far going into Velious, I have my Epic completed, %36 haste item, and 2hb from VP.