Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I went LD when doing a Soulfire turnin when the give item window was up, so all my items were eaten (super fun). My first petition was denied but then I posted some logs and begged and pleaded and they actually reversed their decision and gave me the items back. This was on Mangler, FWIW.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Any time you petition you are playing what I call GM Roulette. Half the time you win nothing, sometimes you get a vacation, sometimes you get what you asked for and occasionally you get a bunch of extra shit. Total crapshoot because they don’t know what they’re doing.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
He got a response about the botched warrior epic turn in to get the augmentable version of the swords...

I wanted to touch base with you about your help request. After looking into your issue further, it looks like you turned in a Blade of Strategy and a Blade of Tactics instead of the Jagged Blade of War, resulting in a loss of your Red Scabbard. Unfortunately, CS is unable to provide assistance with any botched quests. We will be unable to spawn any NPCs, or return any items lost during NPC trades. We recommend restarting the quest and completing the steps again, as we currently have a hands-off policy. In spite of the situation I hope this finds you well, and that it won't make you shy about petitioning us again if you run into any other in-game issues in the future.

So.... apparently, they won't help him, and instead want him to do the whole epic quest again JUST to get the red scabbard back. You seriously can not make up this shit. I mean seriously. The red scabbard is not a game breaking item, but they have a "hands off approach", so they can't give him that item back. LOL

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
To be fair, he did turn in the wrong items.... But the game shouldn't let them be eaten.

• 2Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
To be fair, he did turn in the wrong items.... But the game shouldn't let them be eaten.
No doubt he's an idiot for turning in the wrong things, but it's pretty pathetic that the GM won't give him back the stupid red scabbard. I mean really... how is that game breaking to give him back something he already had and only lost because an NPC ate it.

• 2Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
“In spite of the situation I hope this finds you well, and that it won't make you shy about petitioning us again if you run into any other in-game issues in the future.”

Sounds like it’s time to spin the GM Roulette wheel again. Tell him to petition again and let us know how it goes.

Also, tell him to post a 1gb log file and some random screenshots with the petition. They won’t look at them but it checks the box for evidence.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Why did they even bother investigating what he did if they couldn't do shit about it? If you can't do anything about quest turn-ins that bust out the form letter and move on to the next petition.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
He responded back explaining how this is an epic quest, that it will take doing the whole quest line over again to get the item, etc. Here's the next response the GM gave...

Thank you for the additional information. Unfortunately, as previously mentioned, we will be unable to assist with any failed quest turn-ins that resulted in a loss of items. We recommend restarting the quest and completing the steps again, as we currently have a hands-off policy. Please note, the epic quests are repeatable, and you will need to obtain these items again via normal gameplay. While I understand this is not the answer you were hoping for, we will be unable to assist you further. If you have any questions or concerns in the future, please feel free to contact us again.

Seriously these people are anything but customer service. They are anti-customer service if you ask me. You can't get a red scabard with out doing the whole quest over again. You need the dragon scales, blade from plane of sky, hand of maestro, etc. It's literally the last thing the quest giver gives you to finish the quest, and if they needed proof that he did the whole quest, all they have to do is look and see that his character HAS the two warrior epic one-hander swords. YOU CAN'T GET THEM WITH OUT THE RED SCABBARD.... O.O

I mean what the actual fuck is wrong with these people? Getting the red scabbard back does nothing to break the game. It has no stats. It is not wearable in any slot. It isn't a weapon. It has no effects. There is no clicky. It's nothing. It's just a container with ONE purpose... to swap between 2 one-hander swords and 1 two-hander sword. That's it. The fact that they won't give it back to him is straight up mind boggling.

He's literally like fuck it I'm done at this point, and I don't blame him. This game is ran by idiots.

• 1Worf

Zaide

TLP Idealist
He responded back explaining how this is an epic quest, that it will take doing the whole quest line over again to get the item, etc. Here's the next response the GM gave...

Seriously these people are anything but customer service. They are anti-customer service if you ask me. You can't get a red scabard with out doing the whole quest over again. You need the dragon scales, blade from plane of sky, hand of maestro, etc. It's literally the last thing the quest giver gives you to finish the quest, and if they needed proof that he did the whole quest, all they have to do is look and see that his character HAS the two warrior epic one-hander swords. YOU CAN'T GET THEM WITH OUT THE RED SCABBARD.... O.O

I mean what the actual fuck is wrong with these people? Getting the red scabbard back does nothing to break the game. It has no stats. It is not wearable in any slot. It isn't a weapon. It has no effects. There is no clicky. It's nothing. It's just a container with ONE purpose... to swap between 2 one-hander swords and 1 two-hander sword. That's it. The fact that they won't give it back to him is straight up mind boggling.

He's literally like fuck it I'm done at this point, and I don't blame him. This game is ran by idiots.

Responding to the petition is exactly what you shouldn’t do. Seriously submit a brand new petition, make sure the title is a bit different too. You need to get a new GM on this. If you respond to the old one you get the same GM or another GM who isn’t going to side against the original GM. If you do a new petition you’ll get some new guy who will potentially help and probably won’t know about the previous petition.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Responding to the petition is exactly what you shouldn’t do. Seriously submit a brand new petition, make sure the title is a bit different too. You need to get a new GM on this. If you respond to the old one you get the same GM or another GM who isn’t going to side against the original GM. If you do a new petition you’ll get some new guy who will potentially help and probably won’t know about the previous petition.

Do what this guy said.

• 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Keep submitting it. Do it enough, it will beat down those guys. They'll get tired of seeing it in their queue.

• 2Like

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hate to say it. But i would just do the quest again. Or live with non-augmentable swords.

No one uses epic 2h much right? The war epic is super easy if in a raiding guild and mine basically hands em out to recruits.

If redoing epic is not viable just use non augged swords and he will get a new wep off vel raids soon enough anyways.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Posting to EQ forums probably doesn't help, you just get all the neckbeard apologists, and reinforces the idea that DBG isn't wrong. Just saying.

• 1Solidarity

lost

<Bronze Donator>
you used to be able to tweet holly and get some shit done but shes gone. but yeah keep trying. remember the time some GM refunded people a lot of platinum.. wasnt that like over spells in POP? he gave them the retail value of it instead of the progression value and these dudes ended up with like 80k pp and they just went "oops" and left it in. find one of those GMs

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
He got his red scabbard back finally.

But... not from any help of a GM.

... editted ...

Just found out that wasn't supposed to be said outloud.

• 2Like