Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It shouldn't be much of a problem. Later on you repair quite a few factions if you want to make getting around on the Cleric easier. You can even get the dwarves off your back if you give a shit. The biggest challenge is going to be remembering not to auto follow the Enchanter in to dark elves or the Cleric in to dwarves/elves. Also, if you are picking high elf Enchanter because of the difference in charisma don't worry about it. The most important factors for charm are level difference, magic resistance and charisma with charisma coming in at a distand third and you get most of the value at 100ish.
all right, sorry for belaboring this. I want to play a cle/enc duo on Aradune, does it matter that much what races I pick? If not I'm just picking dark elf for both for simplicity.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
all right, sorry for belaboring this. I want to play a cle/enc duo on Aradune, does it matter that much what races I pick? If not I'm just picking dark elf for both for simplicity.

It does matter. If you pick anything besides DE for the combo you're doing it wrong.

Though if you plan to play on launch day Nektulous will be a clusterfuck. Toxxulia (Erudite) or Steamfont (Gnome) are better for a nice opening.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

If you're making a decision based on what appear to be better base stats on the high elf for Enchanters than it doesn't matter. Just go with double dark elf. Dark elves also get a Hide racial that can be used as a way of breaking charm without spending mana. That combined with the simplicity of picking too of the same race blows a little extra charisma out of the water.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Getting around Ak'Anon is fucking horrible and the entire city is nowhere near anything useful.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I had a priestess of the drowned god on agnarr. Really nice factionwise. I ended up with just a tiny bit of work being welcome just about everywhere.

I seem to make an enchanter every time I crack out on one of these servers. The difference between each one is staggering, and it isn't a gear thing either. My lockjaw enchanter was just born lucky. Charms held to max, jewelcraft flew up and succeeded all the time. Camps were short for whatever I wanted. Never fizzled at a bad time.

The next two I made were just cursed in comparison. It made me start to believe in some sort of innate hidden luck stat given at birth. Lockjaw was a darkelf, the others have been high elves. Dunno if that has anything to do with it.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Other random things -

There is a break point at 75 agility so if you end up as some kind of ogre or erudite consider bumping up your 70 base at creation if you're going to be actually standing in front of things.

Enchanter pets will dual wield from the level 2 pet forward if you give them weapons. Even if you're planning on using charm the moment it comes online the early animations are worth having. They're surprisingly stabby.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
That doesnt really explain the dark elf mask not working, or the relooted fabled jboots working when the others didnt

Anything that was a clicky should still give you a buff, it will just be a do nothing buff. I've never seen what you describe. Are you using the default UI?

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider

Just make sure you pick Agnostic for the Enchanter. When I first played the game I didn't know NPCs could see your religion, I thought it was just flavour. Many NPCs got stabby with me because I was a follower of Innoruuk even with Illusions and Benevolence.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dark elf is fine for ENC/CLR. Convenient origin location, racial hide is useful. Put some points in strength on the cleric or you're going to end up over-encumbered a lot in classic.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Anything that was a clicky should still give you a buff, it will just be a do nothing buff. I've never seen what you describe. Are you using the default UI?
Yep I haven't changed anything with the ui, just totally standard. It's only certain clicky buffs that wont apply, it's so strange that new versions of the same item apply the buff, yet the original ones I had wont. Maybe a bug since I logged out with those effects maybe 15 years ago and when they changed the way they work to the aa buff, its bugged them out?

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
Erudite/Barbarian.

Just blind as fuck.

Once you're 36 the shaman should be using Assiduous Vision 24/7. This gives you ultravision, increases your FOV slightly, and lets you scroll out the camera much further. These should be basic settings in the options, but they gave them to Shamans as a spell for some reason. Makes it hard to play other classes once you've played a shaman for a few days and get used to Assiduous Vision.

Not to mention both characters will have a guise of the deceiver soon after launch anyways.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Vision is better and maps exist on TLPs so it's not a big deal whatever someone picks now but back in the day the Erudite SK story went more like this -

Die in Tox, lose your newbie tunic, die again, take the boat to Qeynos, get killed by the guards, take the boat again, jump off at Qeynos and swim in to the sewer, die in the sewer, reroll.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My first char experience looked like this: start in kelethin because i heard about crushbone, my default gamma was set to cant see shit, couldn't tell i was even loaded in the game, tried moving around, fell and died. Rerolled human in freeport.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
My first char experience looked like this: start in kelethin because i heard about crushbone, my default gamma was set to cant see shit, couldn't tell i was even loaded in the game, tried moving around, fell and died. Rerolled human in freeport.

I remember the gangster early tip. Adjust your gamma to cheat the not seeing shit thing. EQ was truly ahead of its time when it came to mindscrew and fucking with the interface for shit like that. Blind and drunk especially!

People who rolled DE from the get go having no idea WTF you were talking about was also hilarious.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The first time a mob blinded me in EQ I thought the monitor broke. I figured my mom would kill me as soon as she found out.

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just got Multiplicity working on my new laptop, looking good.
3lsy1Bm.jpg

I haven't set up my UI or anything. Kinda not sure what UI features will be released, but this seems to be a good breakdown, just not sure if it's current. eq:Progression Servers

What do people use to send keys between different EQ instances? Even with two-boxing it's going to be a change for me to have to change EQ instances to click follow / stun / heal etc.

I'm not going to break any EQ rules or whatever and am not botting, I'm just kinda curious to know what people are using on these truebox servers, legal or no.