Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Just got Multiplicity working on my new laptop, looking good.
3lsy1Bm.jpg

I haven't set up my UI or anything. Kinda not sure what UI features will be released, but this seems to be a good breakdown, just not sure if it's current. eq:Progression Servers

What do people use to send keys between different EQ instances? Even with two-boxing it's going to be a change for me to have to change EQ instances to click follow / stun / heal etc.

I'm not going to break any EQ rules or whatever and am not botting, I'm just kinda curious to know what people are using on these truebox servers, legal or no.

Well, the official rules means there's no legal way to send keys between different EQ instances. That said, enforcement is pathetic and probably will be on Aradune as well. Most people actively cheating use EQ Bot, a derivative of MQ, or some other flavors that have spawned off. I believe you can also use Multiplicity for some broadcasting type actions but I don't think many people do that.

Nevertheless, I roll legit on Mangler and I use number pads for my six box setup. For 90-95% of what you need to do, it can easily be done with in game macros tied to number pad buttons. It won't be as snappy as you're probably used to because you have to add some pause depending on what exactly you're doing but it's still not going to be hard. Plus, with only two boxes, it won't be hard to alternate between the two with Multiplicity if you need more manual control.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Well, the official rules means there's no legal way to send keys between different EQ instances. That said, enforcement is pathetic and probably will be on Aradune as well. Most people actively cheating use EQ Bot, a derivative of MQ, or some other flavors that have spawned off. I believe you can also use Multiplicity for some broadcasting type actions but I don't think many people do that.

Nevertheless, I roll legit on Mangler and I use number pads for my six box setup. For 90-95% of what you need to do, it can easily be done with in game macros tied to number pad buttons. It won't be as snappy as you're probably used to because you have to add some pause depending on what exactly you're doing but it's still not going to be hard. Plus, with only two boxes, it won't be hard to alternate between the two with Multiplicity if you need more manual control.
You talking something like

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Numeric-Jelly-Comb-Portable-Computer/dp/B01E8TTWZ2
?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Forgot i had one of these bad boys, just dug it out.

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G13-Programmable-Gameboard-Display/dp/B001NEK2GE

Used it all through Guild Wars 2, never quite got used to it though, the joystick on it just wasn't good enough. Binding keys to my G600 mouse that get shared to the other box would be a much more seamless option.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Forgot i had one of these bad boys, just dug it out.

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G13-Programmable-Gameboard-Display/dp/B001NEK2GE

Used it all through Guild Wars 2, never quite got used to it though, the joystick on it just wasn't good enough. Binding keys to my G600 mouse that get shared to the other box would be a much more seamless option.
Heh, I had the exact same thing and I used it for GW2 but I too never got used to it and probably used it a lot less.

Programmable mouse is also a pretty solid option. I find it's easier to have the number pad in front of me and having the big key to hit versus putting my hand in the mouse position and hitting one of those keys. That may not be as big a issue with only boxing one person though.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Sabbat Sabbat Are you going to attempt to embiggen the player / group window? That one looks difficult so I was hoping to steal yours if you already did it :D

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Sabbat Sabbat Are you going to attempt to embiggen the player / group window? That one looks difficult so I was hoping to steal yours if you already did it :D
Sabbat Sabbat I'm sure y'all have looked but I've seen quite a few requests for 4k UIs over the years. I'm surprised nobody has made one, but a lot have tried and talked about their results. Probably a few 4k options in eqinterface like

EQInterface downloads : Player Window for UltraHD 4K

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Perfect place to start thanks! Dunno why I didn't see that I dug around on that site just a few days ago

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I remember the gangster early tip. Adjust your gamma to cheat the not seeing shit thing. EQ was truly ahead of its time when it came to mindscrew and fucking with the interface for shit like that. Blind and drunk especially!

People who rolled DE from the get go having no idea WTF you were talking about was also hilarious.
Dude blind was brutal. Hid the UI and everything, first few times i thought my monitor went out/vid card fried.

• 2Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider

Well, soon after I said "I can't make that icons bigger, fuck it, I'm done" I was so pissed off that the UI didn't have the functionality -- I bought a 1920x1080 240hz monitor to use for EQ. Then some time later you tried the SpellIconSize thing, and fuck me, it actually worked.

I can use a 1920x1080 UI pretty well, things look like a naturally good size to me, but there are some UI elements I'd like a little bigger, specifically the CastSpellWnd. So with the amazing little piece of work you've managed to unearth, I've started work on making the spell window bigger at 1920x1080.

EQ000013.jpg

I've started work on increasing the resolution of the icons themselves: first, 3rd, 6th and 10th icons have been updated.

gem1920-imcomplete2.png

Updated the 4th icon to higher res texture so you can see the difference.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Did a "refresher" newbie run where I made a new cle/enc and sorted out their UIs. Got to level two by barely killing level 1 snakes in Nektulos and then meditating.... what the hell did I get myself into.

• 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Neat, I wonder if you could upscale icons with one of those cool machine learning texture upsizers. I guess you'd have to remap the coordinates in the atlasseseseseseseseesess

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Neat, I wonder if you could upscale icons with one of those cool machine learning texture upsizers. I guess you'd have to remap the coordinates in the atlasseseseseseseseesess

Think you've seen too many episodes of NCIS. Here's an example, using what I'm doing.

Original files 24x24:

gemicons01-24x.png

Upscaled file to 48x48 using bicubic scalars.

gemicons01-48x-upscale.png

High Res Icon 60x60 example:

Ability_Racial_Cannibalize.png

Modified 48x48 example with 48x48upscale for comparison.

gemicons01-48x.png

edit: bicubic, not bilinear, that looks even worse.

Last edited:

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
le sigh.. sure, I'll try it. It's not like I've been a professional graphic designer for the past 25 years or anything.

base image

gemicons01a.jpg

weebshit supersaiyan "ENHANCE" edition

gemicons01a_waifu2x_art_scale_tta_1.png

Rework by me:

gemicons01a-sabbat.png

While the weebshitenhancer did a pretty good job, it is still just using bicubic scaling and some unsharp/sharp masking... just like photoshop does. It's bled out a bunch of detail in the icons. It does work well for cell shaded cartoon looking stuff, ie, anime waifus. If that style appeals to you, use it. Just don't fall for the hype of "Deep Convolutional Neural Networks".

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I didn't compare all but yours looks way better on the human faces and the pig on the second row.

I went to sleep after I sent that but I just tried it on some of my stuff, did a pretty good job!

Spells01.png
vs
07e6f8d7-89bf-4707-9ec2-6f5d330dacf9.png

I think I will be lazy and just use it for my upscales. I like animu girlos.

I did no noise reduction. I think maybe that caused the checkerboard look on some of the backgrounds.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Yes, Vert might have been originally done with them, not sure on that, maybe it was an iconpack added to it later.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The denoising is weird. Here's a zoomed in shot. Far left is denoise level 0, then 1, 2, 3. I can't tell any difference between 0, 1, 2, then BAM 3 just wipes out all the details (but does get rid of the dithered look). Almost need a 2.5 setting.
DeNoise.png