Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Have my accounts re-activated but I can’t decide between taking my Ranger or taking my 41 Warrior up to 60. I’ve got this pipe dream of tanking a bunch of EQ content which I’ve never done. I just worry that despite my newly freed up time I’m not hardcore enough to play a Warrior. Have to basically always be playing to keep up to date with gear, keys, etc.

Then there is the box. What to box? Bard for raids, Shaman for groups on a Warrior probably. With Ranger? Probably take my Druid along for the ride to 60.

Everquest is serious business.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How do you break all the messed ones? Unless you were stacking them on top of each other and he for some reason cast an AE? Or was he just continually nuking different ones or something? I need to know more

iirc he was actually dotting them. Seriously. That's how dumb that druid was.

Outside of a few of the logistical guys most of the top raiding guilds on these TLPs have so much overlap and it's largely just one sort of community. Most people in Faceless have been guilded at some point with the people that largely comprised OGC and AoS/Amtrak etc. The only time I was in one of the Faceless incarnations was the start of Agnarr classic before I realized I really didn't have it in me to do Classic again while still playing on Phinny primarily. If I were to fault them it would certainly be the other direction, too inclusive vs culling sharply. Seems like it would take some effort to get kicked.

This. Imagine the degeneracy that is in some of the guilds over the years, then imagine how much it had to take to get kicked from any of them.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Sometimes you keep a degenerate so it can't be used against you. Imagine how fun Agnarr Kunark launch would have been with Abacab running around /shout <center>ing your static group because he got kicked two weeks before the expansion lmao.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
How do you break all the messed ones? Unless you were stacking them on top of each other and he for some reason cast an AE? Or was he just continually nuking different ones or something? I need to know more
On Agnarr we had like 70 people we were doing PoP progression with, we had a druid that had just finished his recruit status in Luclin who wasn't around until we got into EarthB, asked if he could come in as a piggy. We let him come in. Our first Rathe Councilman we brought in to mez, he dotted, whatever we tanked it til dot fell off and fixed it. Then one of our officers gave him and the raid the riot act about not being stupid, and actually had him type out (in text) that he understood and would not dot anymore mobs.

Later in the fight when we had all the mez Rathe Councilmen mezzed and all the tank ones tanked, we were doing our DPS, had all the tanky/root ones dead and just had the 6 mez ones left with plenty of time to finish, the druid I guess in his exuberance dotted one of the mezzed ones we weren't DPSing, but we were able to recover, but then he dotted another one we weren't mezzing right after, this one was worse because now we had two of them AEing close to each other in the mez tunnel, and all the enchanters dead. We then just kinda tried to burn/tank to the finish, ended up with the final councilman at like 10% HP before they started respawning (at this point like 70% of the raid had died.)

• 1Solidarity

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sometimes you keep a degenerate so it can't be used against you. Imagine how fun Agnarr Kunark launch would have been with Abacab running around /shout <center>ing your static group because he got kicked two weeks before the expansion lmao.

Haha, that guy. We all have a little something wrong with us playing a 20 year old game to the degree we do. But then some take it way too far.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The druid AE nuke has a dot component if i'm not mistaken. Apparently he AE nuked one which put a dot on everyone else, a really retarded thing to do, so we couldn't get them back mezzed because of the dot.

PS: Sieger explaned the finer details.
BTW how is omma raid baby ? kid must be like 2 now

Sterling

El Presidente
Most of the issues with people isn't that they can't do stuff, because early EQ is a joke in terms of skill threshold. The problem is people will be watching TV while holding a conversation with someone in the room and eating a meal while they're supposed to be healing or whatever and they just end up sucking because of lack of attention.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've always said 90% of raiding in Everquest is just paying attention. You can do that and you're a "good" Everquest player.

The other 10% is all micro shit that mostly doesn't happen in raids except maybe innovating tactics and shit. The MICHAEL JORDANS OF EQ are determined by their ability on the battlefield, IE, doing raid content with a group or dealing with shitheads nonstop training you while you exp, etc etc.

Mangler has a lot of attrition in other guilds and a lot of leaders are quitting currently. Our guild's leadership has had like two officers quit in 2 years and promoted two in the same time so we've gotten a LOT of recruits lately. A lot of these people came from "rival" guilds and it's pretty funny when they get in and there's been bad blood and after a few raids everyone's just like, "Oh yeah, you guys aren't bad at all." "Yeah you guys aren't assholes either." If anything the more competent players seem to be staying and the drama sluts "mY GuIlD wAs ThE bEsT oN PhInNY" dickheads all move to go brag about shit they barely participated in on new TLPs. It's always some of the more basis ability or worse players that really cause guild v guild drama and in the end both guilds realize that these garbage cans aren't worth it. If I played on another TLP as an officer (90% chance I won't) I'd just fucking remove anyone starting shit and chest beating. They're just never fucking worth the bad blood they draw and the bridges they burn.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
If I played on another TLP as an officer (90% chance I won't) I'd just fucking remove anyone starting shit and chest beating. They're just never fucking worth the bad blood they draw and the bridges they burn.
I am pretty sure the animosity between the guilds before Selo launch started because Faceless had one retarded member (Mealin from AoS / Daber of Faceless) coming onto FoH and sending AoS members a bunch of PMs about how much better Faceless was than them. Despite him contributing almost nothing to what Faceless did before ultimately being kicked, he managed to start drama that lasted for years.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems pretty fucking obvious that this druid was purposely sabotaging the raid.

Not really. You just kick them and do it again. You don't have one shot. When the game tells you who broke a mezz these days and you can mouseover debuffs/dots to see whos they are, not much room for sabotage. Some people are just braindead.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, the people with biggest shit talking capability often have some of the lower contribution to actual achievement. We had some Faceless people on Mangler who "OH in Faceless we did X and Y and we were so good" and they sucked dick. Not shitting on Faceless, I'm sure they had 0 to do with anything Faceless did. They just wanted people to know they were in Faceless and act like they mattered there. They ended up leaving our guild to start their own BADASS guild which failed spectactularly because they realized their only skill was talking and none of them actual knew a fucking thing about leading a guild or, more importantly, anything to do with Everquest raiding.

Now we have people from Faceless and Bloodthirst in our guild now and they're great people. They just started out in another guild for playtimes or friends or more raid opportunities or whatever, but they're all welcome family here now.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, the people with biggest shit talking capability often have some of the lower contribution to actual achievement. We had some Faceless people on Mangler who "OH in Faceless we did X and Y and we were so good" and they sucked dick. Not shitting on Faceless, I'm sure they had 0 to do with anything Faceless did. They just wanted people to know they were in Faceless and act like they mattered there. They ended up leaving our guild to start their own BADASS guild which failed spectactularly because they realized their only skill was talking and none of them actual knew a fucking thing about leading a guild or, more importantly, anything to do with Everquest raiding.

Now we have people from Faceless and Bloodthirst in our guild now and they're great people. They just started out in another guild for playtimes or friends or more raid opportunities or whatever, but they're all welcome family here now.
We've heard stories about former Selo Faceless members causing drama on Aradune by bragging about "oh we killed x, y, z with no gear and did this and that" and we'll look into a little bit and it ends up being someone who was such a non-entity on Selo that I had to search the DKP site to confirm that person was ever in my guild at all (and joking aside, if you actually raided much at all with me on Selo, I probably remember you a little bit, so the people who I don't remember were stupidly low RA% people.)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am pretty sure the animosity between the guilds before Selo launch started because Faceless had one retarded member (Mealin from AoS / Daber of Faceless) coming onto FoH and sending AoS members a bunch of PMs about how much better Faceless was than them. Despite him contributing almost nothing to what Faceless did before ultimately being kicked, he managed to start drama that lasted for years.
The Ice T shit was amazin tho.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Splash the Pot
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users