Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
With selos basically over(iirc its at the final expac next month, they get a month to do it alone, then merged into povar), I wouldn't mind seeing another weird TLP. Does kind of suck though for every other TLP everytime they release a new one it just drains any still going even faster but money is more important to them.

As it seems the most they can do is change current details(timers, loot etc) and not actually add anything new, just open a server that runs to say Omens and then resets. Just add some weird mechanics/rules each time. Basically what some games do with seasons.

Merged into Povar eh? Wonder if FC is going to continue to be a competing entity, or if people are going to split off into existing live guilds at any major rate. I would expect people will stick together. Povar should get pretty lively with the infusion.

Presumably Phinny will go through something similar in 5 months (still have ToV and CoV to go through at 3 and 2 months respectively) and I fully think OGC will still be competitive with whichever live guilds they end up sharing space with. Especially if Mearatas is downed in-era which we've got another two weeks to try to do.

I'd be all about more event servers that run through Omens. "Seasonal" servers like you said. Matter of fact they're probably the #1 thing I've heard people wishing for ingame, aside from maybe an FV TLP. Seems like everyone wants to do Quarm again (or for the first time if they missed it, like I did). Not sure if the devs are taking note but they should.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Not getting Flurry Drakes slowed, which usually requires malo, is a great way to obliterate your dumber dps and your weaker tanks.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Merged into Povar eh? Wonder if FC is going to continue to be a competing entity, or if people are going to split off into existing live guilds at any major rate. I would expect people will stick together. Povar should get pretty lively with the infusion.

Presumably Phinny will go through something similar in 5 months (still have ToV and CoV to go through at 3 and 2 months respectively) and I fully think OGC will still be competitive with whichever live guilds they end up sharing space with. Especially if Mearatas is downed in-era which we've got another two weeks to try to do.

I'd be all about more event servers that run through Omens. "Seasonal" servers like you said. Matter of fact they're probably the #1 thing I've heard people wishing for ingame, aside from maybe an FV TLP. Seems like everyone wants to do Quarm again (or for the first time if they missed it, like I did). Not sure if the devs are taking note but they should.
Yeah not sure. I mean at that point you have been in modern EQ for 6 months or so already, and would of left already if you didn't like it. But also when you get merged, its got to be a big shock going from new content every month, double rares, raiding 2 on/1 off, huge exp buff to basically a live server. Stuck in content for months, sometimes years, raiding once a week etc. I honestly wouldn't be shocked just to see a bunch quit, a their goal was to get to live and be done and the rest that do stick around join w/e guilds are on that server that raid.

As for new TLPs. Yeah there is some crazy things they could do that doesn't require adding anything to the game. They would need to really grab the seasonal idea and just reset that server over and over each new iteration. Having a fun odd ball rule server open with a regular ol server basically almost ruins the odd ball server from the get go.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
No, they're not.

Best shaman in the game you are not.

I haven't played in a few years so I forgot but they are so ridiculously magic resistant that they might as well be considered to be immune. They are not worth slowing.

• 1Potato
Reactions: 1 user

Sieger

Trakanon Raider

Phinny guilds are probably better suited to live than FC just because Phinny is a much slower server where I think a lot of things are more "live like" already. The big factors that make live guilds competitive are:
  • Ability to maintain a roster during extremely long "down times" after progression is done (on Phinny that's usually been the back 2/3rds of an expansion, on live it's like the last 8 months out of a year long expansion)
  • Ability to invest a lot of time in beta testing raids (which Phinny guilds already have a culture of doing test server raids since they have so much down time to fill why not do them to get acclimated to the next expansion)
  • Ability to raid weird AM hours - my understanding is the limited "race" for world first on live is such that if you need to raid on lock which means raiding at like 8am when the raids unlock on some cycles. Live guilds don't raid a "lot" by TLP standards, but they raid weird hours by live standards.
I do think TLP players dramatically overestimate their "skill" at live. The DPS environment on live requires a lot more complexity and coordination the last few years than at any point before, and some of that stuff just takes time to fine tune, live players have had a few years to do it. Now luckily we have like 10-11 months until the next live expansion, and Phinny will have like 6 months til he next live expansion, to fine tune all of that.

FC is currently taking a poll to see what the membership of the guild wants to do; I started this guild to get to live. I am more inclined to just make sure the guild is able to do what it wants more than I am any specific goal once we're on live, a lot will depend on how many of us want to continue + how we actually adjust to being on live and whether we like it or not.

I don't imagine live guilds will feel any immediate threat from two TLP guilds. Most live players have been with their current guilds since before Phinny launched, live player base is very stable/static and very different culturally to TLP.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have an open invitation to join me on Rizlona for the cool folks after Selo hits live. So basically no one on this forum because trolling and dramalording is hilarious on a forum, it is not what I want to be playing with.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I haven't played in a few years so I forgot but they are so ridiculously magic resistant that they might as well be considered to be immune. They are not worth slowing.

Hmm wonder if malo would help with that. :emoji_thinking:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Have you considered that single player games might be more in your wheelhouse?

You know, you might be on to something. But really tho, the only reason I played selo's was for a quick nostalgia fix and to make an easy 2k at the same time.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
yeah, that actually wasn't really a jab, just seems like you'd be happier lol.

Ya I know. I actually haven't played an mmo since then. I do mostly play single player games nowadays. Don't get me wrong tho I actually got along well with quite a few people in Faceless and had a good time in small group stuff. EQ and mmos in general is good times when it's a chill environment.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Phinny guilds are probably better suited to live than FC just because Phinny is a much slower server where I think a lot of things are more "live like" already. The big factors that make live guilds competitive are:
  • Ability to maintain a roster during extremely long "down times" after progression is done (on Phinny that's usually been the back 2/3rds of an expansion, on live it's like the last 8 months out of a year long expansion)
  • Ability to invest a lot of time in beta testing raids (which Phinny guilds already have a culture of doing test server raids since they have so much down time to fill why not do them to get acclimated to the next expansion)
  • Ability to raid weird AM hours - my understanding is the limited "race" for world first on live is such that if you need to raid on lock which means raiding at like 8am when the raids unlock on some cycles. Live guilds don't raid a "lot" by TLP standards, but they raid weird hours by live standards.
I do think TLP players dramatically overestimate their "skill" at live. The DPS environment on live requires a lot more complexity and coordination the last few years than at any point before, and some of that stuff just takes time to fine tune, live players have had a few years to do it. Now luckily we have like 10-11 months until the next live expansion, and Phinny will have like 6 months til he next live expansion, to fine tune all of that.

FC is currently taking a poll to see what the membership of the guild wants to do; I started this guild to get to live. I am more inclined to just make sure the guild is able to do what it wants more than I am any specific goal once we're on live, a lot will depend on how many of us want to continue + how we actually adjust to being on live and whether we like it or not.

I don't imagine live guilds will feel any immediate threat from two TLP guilds. Most live players have been with their current guilds since before Phinny launched, live player base is very stable/static and very different culturally to TLP.
Won't another huge difference be the truebox requirements dropped? Live players can use MQ2 and box as many per computer as they want, right? Not to say that people don't already do that on Selo's, but it'd be a lot easier to do that?

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Six spells in an hour, but you damn better know they were the most important 6 spells cast in that hour.

Respek

sacha baron cohen GIF

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Won't another huge difference be the truebox requirements dropped? Live players can use MQ2 and box as many per computer as they want, right? Not to say that people don't already do that on Selo's, but it'd be a lot easier to do that?
None of Selo's TLP rules are being dropped. So we won't lose Truebox or lose the +50% exp bonus, double rares, and half lockouts until the server merge with Povar. Which incidentally I suspect is because turning these things off isn't as simple as just flipping a flag (even though one of the devs assured us like 6 months ago it was.) But yeah, long term we'll no longer be bound by truebox once we are on whichever live server we end up going to and that will be a nice quality of life change.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
None of Selo's TLP rules are being dropped. So we won't lose Truebox or lose the +50% exp bonus, double rares, and half lockouts until the server merge with Povar. Which incidentally I suspect is because turning these things off isn't as simple as just flipping a flag (even though one of the devs assured us like 6 months ago it was.) But yeah, long term we'll no longer be bound by truebox once we are on whichever live server we end up going to and that will be a nice quality of life change.

Like most I suspect that Selo server will be used for the next TLP with whatever rules they decide on. I know people are hoping for a new server sooner rather than later but I just dont see it. I also doubt they even know at this point what the next server rules will be. I just hope they are not stupid enough to try Aradune 2.0.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think the opposite is possible to faceless if they want it: grab live players and reinvigorate their own guild, as much or more of the bleed of people bailing at live. This will be a super hyperactive and successful guild based around truebox level needs for internal help and participation. Live guilds are full of loners and once a week raids. They could, again if they really wanted, recruit people that are likely thirsting for a more active and less loner based live experience.

Roi obviously did very well both when the first tlps got merged and then when reaching live.