Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think the opposite is possible to faceless if they want it: grab live players and reinvigorate their own guild, as much or more of the bleed of people bailing at live. This will be a super hyperactive and successful guild based around truebox level needs for internal help and participation. Live guilds are full of loners and once a week raids. They could, again if they really wanted, recruit people that are likely thirsting for a more active and less loner based live experience.

Roi obviously did very well both when the first tlps got merged and then when reaching live.
But is there a point to more active play styles on live? Is there enough to do?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I would assume if you have all your vaccines and/or rushed there on a selo server, there's still a fair bit to do. For someone who's been crushing it every week for years or not trying to collect every last bullshit item maybe not so much?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Selo's didn't leave much time for back farming, or farming of items wanted for clickies, simply because of the speed at which expansions were released. At least I assume so? Players that have been on Live for a long time might have everything they want but it could be exciting to be a guide or to help out "new to Live" players get all that stuff. And like said, to be in a guild that's pretty active versus the once a week thing going on now.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Farm everything you want that's in an AoC now before you get merged and those mobs are always dead on live.

• 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 user
god bless whoever thought of that Ice-T idea, the whole concept. I just saw, and now my day is made. I am assuming this is probably done in esports? I don't follow.

was sweeeeet laughing my ass off. "No skeeels no money"

Sterling

El Presidente
god bless whoever thought of that Ice-T idea, the whole concept. I just saw, and now my day is made. I am assuming this is probably done in esports? I don't follow.

was sweeeeet laughing my ass off. "No skeeels no money"
i mean the cameo thing can be used for kind of whatever you want. Get some celebrity to wish someone a happy birthday if you want for a couple of hundred dollars.

• 1Like
Are you telling me, Ice-T could wish my 82 year old dad happy birthday, sir? This is real, I just checked it out. Oh my, the possibilities.

Sometimes the world makes yo laugh, Nice work, world!

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
What kind of bobo shit game takes 8 hours for maintenance? They running their backend on a 2011 macbook with boot camp or something?

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
What kind of bobo shit game takes 8 hours for maintenance? They running their backend on a 2011 macbook with boot camp or something?

Here's their servers:

breadwinner-ogimage.jpg

In reality: Their servers are fine. Software only runs as good as it's coded. The game is nearing 22 years old and uses practices from back in 2000's in a lot of cases. Not even IBM's Watson supercomputer can help if the software runs on a single threaded game loop. There's a finite limit to processing power in conjunction with components that depend on each other.

Also factor in they're a business with insanely high retention rates and player loyalty and haven't lost customers over downtime.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Bro that's just the time they posted. Whenever EQ patches it's a 50/50 on whether or not it's extended 3+ hours, immediately crashes all servers after returning online, causes massive rollbacks, or needs a hotfix and more downtime within the first day.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
I cannot wait for the next TLP server where both of the server's rogues go to the forums bug reporting that Renux didn't drop her dagger.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I dunno that long down times are a problem per se; back when I was playing WeebFest (aka FFXIV), their major content patches which only come out a couple times a year routinely had advertised 24 hour down times. But Square pretty much always hit those down times, and sometimes brought servers up early. What makes EQ downtime rough is there have been any number of occasions where an 8 hour downtime is a 16 hour downtime, or an 8 hour downtime is followed up by a very unstable 2 hour uptime and then another 4 hour downtime etc. When I used to work in more customer facing systems it was pretty standard we gave ourselves a good outage cushion so people wouldn't get upset, but being able to do that also requires you have some earthly idea of how long it's going to take you to complete whatever work you're taking the system down for, which I suspect isn't a thing at SOEBreakPaw.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
So many AoE groups getting suspended in the Deep. Heard 2 teams got hit today - rumor has it's Bonestealer from Altered Minds doing all the reporting.

• 2Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users