Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The Selo open had more warping, training and training warpers than I've seen before or since. It calmed way down after the first couple of weeks but it was fucking beyond stupid initially.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you didn't see all the blatant cheating going on during Selo launch your opinion on anything cheating related is null and void. It was fairly massive.

Anyways, I agree Rizlona should be mostly hands off except for people flat out warping or far taunting and such. Thats the idea.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Would love a Selo 2.0 with a slight adjustment, 2 month unlocks.
They could leave it at 1 month, or make it like 6 weeks or something, just have extra loot from instances and not have the half locklouts. That shit was AIDS. leave OW as it was.

• 1Solidarity

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
They could leave it at 1 month, or make it like 6 weeks or something, just have extra loot from instances and not have the half locklouts. That shit was AIDS. leave OW as it was.

I left the double loot off because it doesn't seem like something they could easily implement and so the likelihood of getting them to do it is slim.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Yeah there was more egregious cheating on early Selo than you've probably had since Fippy/Vulak. Some of it even not related to the faceless/amtrak drama direclty. Like you had Ricky/Toxn running some shit that let him spam an invis cast something like 50,000 / second which he used to lag out the entire zone of Dragon Necropolis to derail some scrub crew fighting Zlandicar...stuff like that was incredibly common. There were multiple people with cracked copies of MQ2 that were bypassing Truebox on early Selo and were using it far more blatantly than I've seen on any recent TLPs before or since. Not just within Amtrak but even just the RMT types with private compiles were being WAY more blatant than they have in ages.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They claim they can't do double loot because of how boss's spawn loot. But I'm about 90% sure they could add a chest behind them that populates the boss's loot table as well when killed, but they're too retarded to do so.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
sure, i can see that being an issue. but half lockouts is no fun.

I still laugh at this thinking, you know you dont HAVE to clear every dz reset it just an option.

But then again I am the same way.. If the dz timer is up are a forced to clear it by some little thing inside all of us.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I would have played Selo if it was 6-8 week unlocks.
Selo with 8 week unlocks and starting in Kunark instead of Luclin would be my perfect server. Starting in Luclin and 4 week unlocks just made shit feel way too "racey". It felt like you never really got to enjoy content/nostalgia and instead just had to constantly be "on".

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They claim they can't do double loot because of how boss's spawn loot. But I'm about 90% sure they could add a chest behind them that populates the boss's loot table as well when killed, but they're too retarded to do so.

Which is odd, they basically doubled UF loot. It was just anything that dropped was copied. So double of anything that dropped. Was crazy fun and perfect for a 1 month server. Not sure why that same thing couldn't be applied elsewhere when needed.

As for the cheating crap. I am with most people. 99% are liars. They all did something wrong and just don't own up to it. The 1% that are caught in a wave are very rare. Also yes, Selo for the first 1-2 months had some of the craziest in the open cheating I have seen in any TLP I played(I missed the early early ones with the open blatant cheating).

Still not sure if that postorms thing was cheating or some weird ass bug.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Which is odd, they basically doubled UF loot. It was just anything that dropped was copied. So double of anything that dropped. Was crazy fun and perfect for a 1 month server. Not sure why that same thing couldn't be applied elsewhere when needed.

As for the cheating crap. I am with most people. 99% are liars. They all did something wrong and just don't own up to it. The 1% that are caught in a wave are very rare. Also yes, Selo for the first 1-2 months had some of the craziest in the open cheating I have seen in any TLP I played(I missed the early early ones with the open blatant cheating).

Still not sure if that postorms thing was cheating or some weird ass bug.
I think the issue is that the UF change is universal and not server specific. That said, half lockouts is just endless raiding if you also do OW.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the issue is that the UF change is universal and not server specific. That said, half lockouts is just endless raiding if you also do OW.

Yeah , even with just DZs, it can be a lot of constant raiding. I would prefer things like double loot over constant raiding like that.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Selo with 8 week unlocks and starting in Kunark instead of Luclin would be my perfect server. Starting in Luclin and 4 week unlocks just made shit feel way too "racey". It felt like you never really got to enjoy content/nostalgia and instead just had to constantly be "on".
That's probably appealing to people who don't care to get to live (which is 99% of TLPers); for the few of us who stayed on Selo we'd have hated 8 week unlocks because it would make the entire time to live four years instead of 2.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I’m up to 46 on my Paladin and Cleric duo. I’m so fucking done with Velks which is the only group play at that level. Any undead areas I could 2 man for a few days for fun? Undead Xi in Maidens Eye?

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I’m up to 46 on my Paladin and Cleric duo. I’m so fucking done with Velks which is the only group play at that level. Any undead areas I could 2 man for a few days for fun? Undead Xi in Maidens Eye?
Karnors basement

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This man hates DPS.

Howling Stones has a lot of undead but the XP really isn't great there after they fixed the broken ZEM and they do hit pretty hard for their level (but less HP). There's an undead area in Katta that might be your level -- I don't recall the range. Karnor's. Ssra mines will be within range soon.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
If you're undead hunting in Luclin you can buy the spell instrument of nife if you haven't already which adds a sweet innate proc that helps with DPS vs undead. Ghoulbane might even be worth using if dex is high enough.