Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This man hates DPS.

Howling Stones has a lot of undead but the XP really isn't great there after they fixed the broken ZEM and they do hit pretty hard for their level (but less HP). There's an undead area in Katta that might be your level -- I don't recall the range. Karnor's. Ssra mines will be within range soon.

A paladin/cleric duo is sick DPS in the Torment of Velious expansion, at least :p

I'm a big fan of anti-undead holy nukes. Have been since FF1 on the NES. Not many games do them. One of the things I'm looking forward to about being a necro on a new TLP.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
If you're undead hunting in Luclin you can buy the spell instrument of nife if you haven't already which adds a sweet innate proc that helps with DPS vs undead. Ghoulbane might even be worth using if dex is high enough.

yeah I’m popping this 3-4 times a mob right now so that’s why I wanted to try to duo undead lol.

I’m just so burned out on Velks abd that’s the only goddamn place anyone had groups right now. I get it’s great XP but I can’t stare are a blue screen for another moment. Guk is a mess on Aradune due to power level for krono groups

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe the coterie in Tenebrous? Can’t remember the mob levels but know there are some names that are higher level.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Maybe the coterie in Tenebrous? Can’t remember the mob levels but know there are some names that are higher level.

I just remember those vamps. Will give that a shot. Can’t argue with open world zones where it’s easy to bail out.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is 46 too high for CoM stables? IIRC there was a fair amount of undead there even if the golems aren’t

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having done paladin/clr before, I'd say your best bet xp/hour wise is still going to be suck it up and do Velks anyway, until you can move to Griegs End around 50.

If you want to box anyway: it's true you do more dps against undead, but I think the paladin/cleric duo's greatest strength is that it's exceptionally strong against healing mobs. You have a mountain of interrupts, resist buffs, double dispell to get rid of mob haste/sow, and the lower hp of caster mobs means your shit dps won't matter as much. Stick to old world/kunark as long as possible because mobs have much less HP for you to peck your way through.

I've done well starting from Sebilis entrance down to disco or ABC. Pacify to split and pull with dispell to strip mob haste. Deepwater gloves for clicky dispell can be helpful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Is 46 too high for CoM stables? IIRC there was a fair amount of undead there even if the golems aren’t

I did that last night for a bit, Lots of undead. Was very slow XP at 46 though, mostly light blue

About to Try Tenebrous

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never understood why the CoM exp rate was so shitty. It has a lower ZEM than CITIES, let alone other dungeons. It is a fun zone, but it is so slow that it makes you feel like you are wasting your time there.

• 1Like

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I never understood why the CoM exp rate was so shitty. It has a lower ZEM than CITIES, let alone other dungeons. It is a fun zone, but it is so slow that it makes you feel like you are wasting your time there.
You’re wasting your time everywhere... you’re playing EQ!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This is one of the most frustrating things about TLPs. So many dungeons go completely unutilized because of ZEM. I'd love to see them rotate ZEMs around or even equalize them across dungeons. They could even add them as bonuses to dungeons where they notice few players are visiting. It's so stupid that a place like HS, which has a PITA keying process, gives out garbage exp. The ZEM should fit the difficulty of entry and/or mobs in the zone.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
A Kunark launched TLP would help alleviate that, but people would still tend to hug high ZEM zones. The only counterbalance is Kunark loot in leveling dungeons is far, far superior to most all Classic loot in dungeons. I remember when Kunark came out and seeing a Wu's Baton and shitting my pants. And I wasn't even a monk!

Edit: Wu's trance stick! STILL not a monk!

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
A Kunark launched TLP would help alleviate that, but people would still tend to hug high ZEM zones. The only counterbalance is Kunark loot in leveling dungeons is far, far superior to most all Classic loot in dungeons. I remember when Kunark came out and seeing a Wu's Baton and shitting my pants. And I wasn't even a monk!

Ok. But here we are in Luclin. No one is leveling anywhere except Paludal, then open world luckin zones, and then Velks. Thats it until Greigs.

someone explain to me why they allow the game to be in a state where we have 6 instances of Velks but don’t use the other 15-20 zones in the same range. I get that population is limited. But instances were meant to alleviate population problems not cause it.

please tell me it’s a better idea to have 6 Velks instead of makinmg other zones viable and I’ll tell you that you are full of shit. Seriously tell me why I should sit as one of 6 Velks entrance groups instead of providing alternatives in KC, MAidens eye, or where ever . Sure people will still congregate to the easy zones. But for the rest of use sitting LfG for 2 hours waiting for a Velks group, maybe make it viable to start a group somewhere else. Why even launch all the content on a TLP when you have trivialized 95 percent of it. I played with a guy this weekend who had never heard of Highpass or Highhold. He didn’t know people used to XP in Lake of Ill Omen. When do you think was the last time someone actually grouped at the SK Aviaks?
I know I’m in the minority who use TLPs to experience the game in a certain state of time.

instead it’s just a way to gatekeep autists on their 5 step process to 65

I’m bot even saying they are wrong. They know where the money is. It just sucks.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
This is one of the most frustrating things about TLPs. So many dungeons go completely unutilized because of ZEM. I'd love to see them rotate ZEMs around or even equalize them across dungeons. They could even add them as bonuses to dungeons where they notice few players are visiting. It's so stupid that a place like HS, which has a PITA keying process, gives out garbage exp. The ZEM should fit the difficulty of entry and/or mobs in the zone.
I believe many of these zones have had their experience rewards downgraded due to exploitative or disruptive game play. Selling unattended leveling services, farming for rare or unique items, etc. Old Sebilis is horrible for xp too.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Power level increases have also made some things not as viable. Like the SK Aviaks... you go there now with a group and you'll be AFK most of the time. Still, I agree that mucking with ZEMs to make unused zones more viable would be such an easy upside win, the only real reason they do it, in my opinion is 1) most of the devs don't like TLP 2) general lack of vision or ability to follow through.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Well, Selo's launched in Luclin and it still wasn't much different. I think TLPs should always launch with at least Kunark opened, if for no other reason than it expands the leveling options so thoroughly. However, it doesn't matter if they've made the ZEMs in those zones utter trash. All it does is filter people into the 3-4 zones where ZEM doesn't suck.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Unfortunately pickzones were created because even back in 2011/2015 era people wouldn't use other zones, you'd just have 200 people in Guk crying about everything being camped. I do agree it's a problem when you launch in classic and there are 80 instances of Guk/Unrest and zero people in the other 95% of the game.

I think that they should just cap pickzone count at like 3 or something. These servers do boast a larger population than original servers did in any given early expansion, so it makes sense to increase the availability somewhat; just don't let it scale infinitely.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Even just pure ZEM doesn't fix it unless you skew it massively. Guk/Solb have higher mob density and useful loot.

• 1Like

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Put all classic droppable gear in a random global drop table and add it to all level appropriate NPCs! #MNGA
I'm sure we won't find some way to exploit it.

• 1Solidarity